What size wheels for this mod?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 08:31 PM
User name changed to 石春林

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What size wheels for this mod?

Okay, I have a modification I'm collecting pieces for. This is a long term modification which includes a modification mention in one of these forums. The NSX brake conversion. I have a 2.5TL which of course only has 4 lugs. Long before joining this forum I had an envision of a 5 lug conversion, in fact I believe I joined for the purpose of inquiring about the conversion. My first post was about a 5 lug conversion. I had paper copy of the parts manual/blueprint? but it got lost around the house. Looking at this paper one can see which parts are needed to be striped from a 3.2 for a 5 lug conversion on the 2.5 After this lug conversion, I would then take from the idea of upgrading to larger NSX brakes. Once this is achieved, I am going to follow my own idea of a brake set (crossdrilled brembo rotor, akebono ceramic pad, goodridge lines)...

Now that you know my plans, my question is... what is the thinnest tires I can fit on my car after this? THINNEST?! you may ask, I believe in fuel efficiency through less friction. Same concept as to why speed bikes have thinner tires than mountain bikes.

I'm also leaning towards Koni shocks (stock springs). I want the performance without/minimal lowering of the vechicle! If anyone has better ideas for this approach I'm all ears! I see a lot of shocks and suspensions claiming to maintain their luxury whilst offering top of the line performance. I'm looking for shocks which offer top of the line luxury ride whilst maintaining a sport performance! Another idea I was thinking was Koni shocks (which lower a little bit) with eibach springs for a slightly taller vehicle, the taller springs compensating for the height drop?
Old 04-21-2009, 04:52 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by [/\]
Okay, I have a modification I'm collecting pieces for. This is a long term modification which includes a modification mention in one of these forums. The NSX brake conversion. I have a 2.5TL which of course only has 4 lugs. Long before joining this forum I had an envision of a 5 lug conversion, in fact I believe I joined for the purpose of inquiring about the conversion. My first post was about a 5 lug conversion. I had paper copy of the parts manual/blueprint? but it got lost around the house. Looking at this paper one can see which parts are needed to be striped from a 3.2 for a 5 lug conversion on the 2.5 After this lug conversion, I would then take from the idea of upgrading to larger NSX brakes. Once this is achieved, I am going to follow my own idea of a brake set (crossdrilled brembo rotor, akebono ceramic pad, goodridge lines)...

Now that you know my plans, my question is... what is the thinnest tires I can fit on my car after this? THINNEST?! you may ask, I believe in fuel efficiency through less friction. Same concept as to why speed bikes have thinner tires than mountain bikes.

I'm also leaning towards Koni shocks (stock springs). I want the performance without/minimal lowering of the vechicle! If anyone has better ideas for this approach I'm all ears! I see a lot of shocks and suspensions claiming to maintain their luxury whilst offering top of the line performance. I'm looking for shocks which offer top of the line luxury ride whilst maintaining a sport performance! Another idea I was thinking was Koni shocks (which lower a little bit) with eibach springs for a slightly taller vehicle, the taller springs compensating for the height drop?
Something like 225\40\18 is possible to install. Tire thickness will be 9 cm. Colt45 has smth close to that.