View Poll Results: Which ones would you choose???
Choice #1 Style #1
16.67%
Choice #1 Style #2
50.00%
Choice #2 Style #1
0%
Choice #2 Style #2
33.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Finally... a new thread in Tires, Wheels & Suspension sub-forum

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 06:59 PM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally... a new thread in Tires, Wheels & Suspension sub-forum

Ok... i was checking this sub-forum out... and to my surprise... i saw this...

Originally Posted by ACURAzine Sub-forum
There have been no posts in the last 30 days in this forum.
Try using the controls below to search for any older posts that may exist.
sooo, i decided to post this here...

Real thread start here...
================================================== =========

Ok, as you all know, my car was by a crub... My dumb stupid mistake of driving while under the influence of Sleep deprevation and kids running around in the street at 7:30 a.m. on a school day...

Anyways, again, as you all know my two right (passanger) rims were totally scratched and dinged up... badly... not bent... just messed up... and my insurance is going to pay for two of my Panther rims and I have to buy the other two... Now, what i'm thinking of doing is taking my two panthers back to where I bought them... "Tire and Wheel World" in Salinas, CA... and get a discount on two new rims and my insurance pays for the other two... Sooo, i get 4 new rims this month...

Now, i've been looking around the net for some rims that I liked... and I think are a diffrent look from the panthers I had... I was also thinking of something that will go with TLxRaCeR's kit... and came up with these two TSW brand rims... I like them and want your opinions... Pro's and Con's if anyone has these... They are "supposably NEW MODELS" according to the site... www.tsw.com ... anyways, here are my choices... They do come in a 4 lug too...

Choice #1:
TSW ROCKET 4 - 2 styles...
Sizes
18x7 <~~~ This size of course...
17x7
16x7
15x6.5

Lip Depth
4/5"
3/4"
5/8"
5/8"

Finishes
Black
Hyper Silver

Offset
+15 to +50mm

Style #1

or
Style #2

Choice #2:
TSW CATALUNYA - 2 styles...
Sizes
20x10 <~~~ :shakehead for a Big Rig
20x8.5
19x9.5
19x8
18x9
18x8
18x7 <~~~ This size of Course...
17x7
16x7
15x6.5

Finishes
Hyper Black
Chrome

Offset
+20 to +42mm

Style #1

or
Style #2

Personally I like the Rocket 4 Hyper Silver and the Catalunya Chrome ones... but I would like to know your opinions... Remember, I am getting TLxRaCeR's kit... Sooo, Which ones do you all like???
Old 03-09-2005, 08:27 PM
LDH
I

Choice number one, style number one. just because i like dark wheels
Old 03-09-2005, 08:32 PM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

BTW: I forgot to say... Any opinions on any other wheels you guys like too???

IMHO... I'll tell you 1 thing i don't like... The 5 Spoke type wheels... the ones that look like Mustangs have or other hot rod type wheels...

Example(s) below...

Just any opinions on some good wheels for my 2.5 TL... i have to make a decision by the beginning of April... Like I said... My insurance is going to pay for 2 of them... and i'm going to pay for the other two...

Originally Posted by LDH
Choice number one, style number one. just because i like dark wheels
awsome... I was thinking of these new style that came out... with only a strip of chrome like the ones you chose... but i don't know if it would look good on my white car... what do you think???
Old 03-10-2005, 12:05 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Choice #1

Style #2
Old 03-10-2005, 01:02 AM
First Gen 3.2 TL

i prefer style 2 with either chrome or silver.. just my
Old 03-10-2005, 01:15 AM
First Gen 3.2 TL

photo chopped...

Old 03-10-2005, 01:28 AM
First Gen 3.2 TL

rechopped to match your car color...

Old 03-10-2005, 06:38 PM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

Originally Posted by TLxRaCeR
rechopped to match your car color...

Damn you are awsome man...

You don't think that looks to racer though??? but man that does look nice... i'm in awwwww right now... looks like everything goes perfect together...

Can you photochop the other rims on there... just to see how those look... but daaaaaaamn man that looks cool...

Option #2 Style #1 might just be what i choose... but... i still want more opinions... but if there aren't any more... i just might go for those... That looks nice TLxRaCeR...
Old 03-10-2005, 06:52 PM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

Originally Posted by Ken1997TL
Choice #1

Style #2
yeah thats the one thats winning so far in the poll... but TLxRaCeR strikes a hard battle there... decissions decissions...

I like Choice #1 Style #2... but Choice #2 Style #1 is awsome with TLx's kit...

Wish i could get both... but not enough cash to get all that...

Old 03-10-2005, 09:35 PM
First Gen 3.2 TL

you have to keep in mine that our cars are a luxury sports sedan. i designed the kit to go with the same concept as it was intended for.. the first wheel in my opinion makes the car look tacky.. seems to me that those wheels would look perfect for like.. say.. ummm... pontiac bonnivilles...but hey... thats just one opinion.. i chopped the other wheels on so you can get the idea how it would look with those wheels on.. so i got a question for you... i choose to put Racinghart CX wheels on my ride.. do they look too sporty to you?.. good luck on your decision~!

Old 03-11-2005, 08:45 AM
Reppin' the T-Dot!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Yeah, I personally would definately go with choice #2, either style, but my #1 choice would be #2, I love the gunmetal look.
Old 03-11-2005, 10:55 PM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

Lightbulb This should be a webpage... :tomato:

Originally Posted by TLxRaCeR
you have to keep in mine that our cars are a luxury sports sedan. i designed the kit to go with the same concept as it was intended for.. the first wheel in my opinion makes the car look tacky.. seems to me that those wheels would look perfect for like.. say.. ummm... pontiac bonnivilles...but hey... thats just one opinion.. i chopped the other wheels on so you can get the idea how it would look with those wheels on.. so i got a question for you... i choose to put Racinghart CX wheels on my ride.. do they look too sporty to you?.. good luck on your decision~!

... ... ... :shakehead
It looks good but something just doesn't look right... Maybe with a wide body kit these would look more at home...

BTW: thanks for photochopping those rims on there... I owe you one...

i think i'm going to have to go with these... I still wouldn't mind more opinions... since i still really havn't made up my mind completely...

About our cars being luxury sports sedan... yuuup... absolutely correct... just that the rims is a big part of the image you are setting for your car... and i don't want it to look like a riced out civic... but i do want it to look sporty... and still look clean and smooth (luxurious)... I want something that will go with the kit... choice #1 doesn't look all that good on our cars... I still like those rims though... but i was comapareing the OEM wheels i had (11 spoke) and tried to find something similar but more... diffrent... something that would make the car look diffrent but have a similarity to the OEM 11 spoke wheel... only with less spokes...

Choice #2 on the other hand has 12 spokes... 6 actually split in two's... also has a lip like the 2.5's oem's... and thats why i like these... and has more of a defined lip... sooo i might go for those... Again, thanks for the photochops...

===============================================

About the rims you chose... Its not my style... the 5 spoke rims... the ones that look like mustangs have... I don't like... They look cool... nice rims... but again... not my style... They aren't too sporty either... the New TL's have them... and the 2nd Gen's i beleive have that option too...

Example of 5 spoke rims that I consider rice...

Here's your pic of your new rims... They are nice rims... and especially with the kit on... it just sets it off... It all goes together... Leans towards the sporty side... but yet keeping its luxury... not like the ones above that are a bit ricey... besides you have the 3.2... more power...

But thats just my opinion...
Here's a Comparison...
and

I guess it depends more on whether you have a 3.2... or a 2.5... 3.2 since its 5 lug... it looks better with the 5 spoke rims (maybe because the 2.5 doesn't fit the 5 lugs)... but like the new TL... also shows power... on the other hand... the 2.5 has its 11 spoke rims... sporty... but doesn't have the power...

Another comparison to what i'm saying... more of a question...

Sporty or Cruiser... and tell me what was the only thing i changed...

1962 Chevy Imapla SS... All black... with five spoke chrome rims... and red leather interior... dual exhaust... chrome all around... (first thing you think of is an Old School Hot Rod... ready for the strip...)

1962 Chevy Impala SS. All black... with 144 spoke daytons... and red leather interior... duel exhaust... chrome all around... (first thing you think of is an old school cruiser... lowrider... would be caught dead on a drag strip... actually, it'll get killed at the drag strip...)

I want my car to look cool (the kit)... but i don't want people wanting to race me... (the rims)... Like you said... you built the kit to show both luxury and sport... just like the car was intended for... but if my rims lean towards the sporty side... my car is going to seem more sporty... I want something in between...

Choice #2 Style #1 I'm leaning towards more that way... still undecided though...