What Are These Lights???

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006 | 01:58 PM
1996 ACURA 3.2 ON RL 16'S

Question What Are These Lights???

OKAY I HAVE READ ALOT ON THE FORUM ABOUT GETTING CODES FROM THE BLINKING LIGHT ON MY TCS AND WELL I CLEARED THE CODE..... BUT MY QUESTION IS THIS.....I CURRENTLY HAVE A 1996 3.2TL I HAVE TWO LIGHTS ON ON MY DASH THE BATTERY LIGHT AND THE ABS LIGHT.... I DID THE WHOLE CONNECTOR-UNDER-THE-GLOVE-COMPARTMENT WIRE SHORT THING AND WATCHED THE LIGHT FLASH BUT I CAN'T SEEM TO TELL WHETHER OR NOT I AM READING IT CORRECTLY. NOW MY OTHER QUESTION IS MY BATTERY LIGHT IS ON AND MY RADIO IS DEAD. IF MY RED BATTERY LIGHT IS ON , MY RADIO IS DEAD. IF THE LIGHT IS OFF THEN THE RADIO WORKS . I TESTED MY BATTERY AND IT HAS PROPER COLD CRANKING AMPS AND I TESTED MY CHARGING SYSTEM AND ALL THINGS ARE IN WORKING ORDER, NOW I REALLY DON'T KNOW TOO MUCH ABOUT THE SERIOUS TECHNICAL ISSUES OF MY VEHICLE BUT I DO UNDERSTAND ALL OF IT. CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME OUT.... IF YOU CAN GIVE ME SOME GUIDANCE I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT............ MY EMAIL IS....
romero_elvis@yahoo.com
HELP ME OUT .... THANKS
Old 02-27-2006 | 08:33 PM
Drifting

There is an initial 2 sec flash of the ABS light when the keyswitch is first turned ON, and service check connector is shorted. Codes are flashed after that w/ all short flashes. For instance Code 4-2 is four short flashes, 1 sec pause, 2 short flashes.

If BAT light remains on w/ engine running, the charging system is not generating sufficient voltage. This usually means a faulty alternator. Pull the alternator and have an alternator shop test the unit. A really bad battery might be able to pull the output voltage low enough to cause the light to come on, but that would mean a very high amperage input to the battery, and usually failure of a main fuse (100A).

Make sure all battery connections are clean, sound, and free of corrosion.

Refrain from all caps, harder to read and considered bad form.

good luck
Old 03-03-2006 | 10:47 AM
1996 ACURA 3.2 ON RL 16'S

i found out what the lights were!!!!! okay i might get stupid points for this one.... but check it there is a no. 10 fuse in the engine compartment for the radio first fuse right bottom red fuse and it was blown. but the guy at my shadetree mechanic shop had tied(!?) YES TIED a piece of copper wire cause he didn't have one!!! SO HE WRAPPED THE FUSE WITH THE WIRE TO MAKE THE CONNECTION BUT IT STARTING PULLING TOO much power causing the batterty light and the abs light to come on changed the fuse and now we are all systems go !!! but thanks again texas honda i read alot of your posts and they are very informative.
Old 03-07-2006 | 07:13 AM
Pro

i dont know anything about codes either. or how to clear them or what ever. i know when i start my car my check engine and abs light come on and stay lit for a sec or two (i think the battery also) but that normal from what i know but shit... i really know nothing ;P
Old 03-09-2006 | 02:27 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by copy252
i dont know anything about codes either. or how to clear them or what ever. i know when i start my car my check engine and abs light come on and stay lit for a sec or two (i think the battery also) but that normal from what i know but shit... i really know nothing ;P
Yes, thats normal. If they DONT light up, it means the bulbs are burned out. Its a cheap and quick check upon each startup