Hello from newbie and part price input please.

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 05:46 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Hello from newbie and part price input please.

Man o man, I am glad I found this forum.

I have a 1997 2.5 TL (100k+ miles) that I am planning on driving for a long while more and the posts on here contain just fantastic information!(e.g oil leak fixes) It will take a long while to surf all the posts and I hope someday I can contribute some useful info or first hand experience.

Please help with PART PRICEs for used stripped parts:

I just found a fellow who is parting out his 1997 2.5 TL and I have asked him for some parts- but he just says "make me a reasonable offer". I have absolutely no clue what to offer him on these 2 parts I want and I can not find a price for new (or used) on-line or even OEM part numbers - I only have a Chilton's manual and the owners manual (worthless for this). I need a 95-97 TL manual (someday).

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Here are the parts I want from him:

1) The black rubber air duct that runs between the air filter box and the throttle (butterfly) assembly. This has the breather connection on the top and some sort of "U" shaped pipe molded off the bottom. What is a new/used one worth?

2) My passenger side door handle has gone soft (about 3 years ago a friend jerked on it about 100 times when the door was locked during a rain storm). The handle still works but does not snap back flush into place (you have to push it in to be flush with the car). I told the parts seller the same story and that I thought I needed "the mechanism" for the door handle that was inside the door.

A year ago the Acura dealer in Cleveland told me it would be $250-$350 to fix the door handle so it springs back into flush position!!! (right! )

Does anyone know: Do I need some sort of spring or return part from inside the door? Can anyone tell me what specific part(s) you think I need to fix the door handle "spring back" issue or can you describe the part(s), and finally, what I should offer him for the used part(s)?

Thank you so much for and input on this!!!

Pete
Old 05-19-2008, 06:36 PM
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 123 Posts
I suspect the handle return spring is damaged. A search of this site may yield an answer. I remember this question arising before. I've got one slightly sprung that will not retreat to flush and I just live w/ it. Not too noticeable.

You can use car-part.com as a reference price for used parts. I would offer no more than the best price I could find on car-part.com. Remember you will have absolutely no right of return. Most local salvage yards will garuntee a working part at least.

good luck
Old 05-19-2008, 10:16 PM
大日本帝国

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
The service manuals are available for download here on the forum. Please do a search.

~Cheers~

::EDIT:: Screw the search, it's the first sticky on the main 1G page.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:57 AM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For prices on OEM parts... check this website...

http://www.acuraautomotiveparts.org/

It's been posted all around this forum by other members but doesn't hurt to have it here one more time

Welcome to the forum and hope you enjoy your stay...