WolfpackBill's '96 3.2TL

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2004, 12:10 AM
TL no more!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WolfpackBill's '96 3.2TL

Hey there!!! I finally got my car last week but got to wash the car today and took a couple of pics so here they are!!

Yesterday and today were pretty productive for me. I swapped the D4 light with the 1st gear indicator light, pulled door panels out and sprayed the window tracks with silicone spray, attempted to take the shift plate out and strip it but failed. Today, I washed it, then went to Circuit City and bought a $18 pair of ESA speakers to replace the busted stock ones (oh man...sounds 1000 times better, even at $18), polished the fake wood dash and center console, did a ghetto fix with my remote so my key ring and go through it.

In a couple of weeks, I'll be doing a major detail. It's gonna be a 2 or 3-day job so it's gonna be fun!!
Old 09-26-2004, 03:26 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looks great. Nice to be reminded of what my car once looked like before i got crazy with it.
Old 09-26-2004, 08:16 AM
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
did you get that car from texas?? the stickers on the front windsheild looks like it.
Old 09-26-2004, 08:48 AM
Racer

Looks good man, now the fun begins huh! I still need to remove my door panels and WD-40 my window tracks and try to clean that felt...my drivers side is the worst. I like the color though...just a thought, start looking on ebay for clear corners, cheap and easy to install, but they make it look really good.
Old 09-26-2004, 09:21 AM
All about JDM

Its looking good bro. Nice and clean. I know you will love it for as long as you own it.
Old 09-26-2004, 09:30 AM
TL no more!

Thanks for all the responses!! I will definitely get a pair of clear bumpers when my cash flow frees up a little bit. This month is very very tight for me. Oh yeah...I also SeaFoamed the engine yesterday. Result:

Much cleaner engine. The smoke there was the carbon and other crap that was embedded in the engine. Now the engine is even smoother and more responsive.

Originally Posted by TLBaller
did you get that car from texas?? the stickers on the front windsheild looks like it.
Yup! I got this car from Texas. It was on an Ebay auction from Expo Motorcars in Houston. I took a huge risk but since it's a Honda vehicle, problems shouldn't be too bad and I was right. The car is awesome!
Old 09-26-2004, 04:11 PM
Racer

You'll love how the clear corners make your car look, and usually for only like 30 bucks shipped on Ebay. Another thing to think about, debadging your car...I loved how it looked after I took off my "acura" and "3.2 tl" badges from the back...the hardest part is getting all the glue off, but if you can find some stuff thats safe for a painted finish, that has some kind of scrubbing stuff in it, it should come off with a little elbow grease. Some ppl like their badges on though, totally up to you, just a thought for a cheap mod
Old 09-26-2004, 04:53 PM
TL no more!

Oh yeah. I know! My Explorer has clear corners and I absolutely love it!! There's no doubt that it will look awesome with this car. Debadging is kinda a sensitive subject to me...haha. I love the way the emblems look on my car. I might think about taking the "ACURA" badge off and that's it. I want to leave the "3.2TL" badge on there though. I can't wait to get my service manual CD because I have no clue how to take anything off because the car doesn't come with the owner's manual. Heh...I don't even know how to replace the bumper lights nor replacing the parking lights beside the headlights with superwhite bulbs. I'm guessing the only way to replace the bumper lights is to take the splash guards off, right??
Old 09-26-2004, 05:00 PM
Banned

Looks good man. You'll have to take some more pics....
Old 09-26-2004, 05:54 PM
TL no more!

Thanks, man!! I will definitely take more pics once I'm done with the 1st major detail in a week and a half. I will definitely think about taking the "ACURA" badge off beforehand too.
Old 09-27-2004, 07:29 PM
All about JDM

Originally Posted by WolfpackBill
Oh yeah. I know! My Explorer has clear corners and I absolutely love it!! There's no doubt that it will look awesome with this car. Debadging is kinda a sensitive subject to me...haha. I love the way the emblems look on my car. I might think about taking the "ACURA" badge off and that's it. I want to leave the "3.2TL" badge on there though. I can't wait to get my service manual CD because I have no clue how to take anything off because the car doesn't come with the owner's manual. Heh...I don't even know how to replace the bumper lights nor replacing the parking lights beside the headlights with superwhite bulbs. I'm guessing the only way to replace the bumper lights is to take the splash guards off, right??
Putting clear front bumper lights should take no longer than 5 minutes to do. Nothing but the old orange housings needs to be removed. Look in your owners manual and it will tell you how to remove the bumber lights and how to change your bulbs. Unless when you bought the car the owners manual wasnt with it. I have an official Acura service manual to 2.5's the lights are identical. Ill scan the pics tomorrow night when i get outta class, if you dont have an owners manual.
Old 09-27-2004, 07:48 PM
TL no more!

That would be awesome. My car didn't come with the owner's manual. I would love to change them along with the parking light bulbs in the headlight assembly. Haha...while at it, can you also post the instructions on how to replace the headlights?? The driver's side one seems like a b*tch to change. Thank you sooo much!!
Old 09-28-2004, 07:09 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
wat is seafoam???
Old 09-28-2004, 07:32 PM
All about JDM

I wanna know the same thing...
Here are the pics sorry they suck, my friends scanner totally blows

6. Install the rubber seal over the back of the headlight assembly. Make sure it is right side up; it is marked "TOP".

7. Push the electrical connector ont the tabs of the new bulb. Make sure it locks in place. Turn on the headlights to test the new bulb.

5. Push the bulb holder into the turn signal assembly and turn it clockwise until it locks.

6. Test the lights to make sure the new bulb is working.

7. Put the turn signal assembly into the bumper. Make sure the tabs on the turn signal assembly fit into the bumber slots. Tighten the mounting screw.

4. Turn the bulb holder one-quarter turn counterclockwise to remove it from the lense.

5. Pull the bulb straight out of its socket. Push the new bulb straight inot the socket until it bottoms.

6. Put the bulb holder back into its hole in the lens, and turn it clockwise until it locks.

7. Turn on the parking lights and check that the new bulb is working.

8. Put the side marker assembly into the bumber. Make sure the tab into the bumper. Make sure the tab on the side marker fits into the bumper slot. Tighten the mounting screw.

9. Put the turn signal assembly into the bumper and tighten the mounting screw.

Thats the manuals instructions.
Old 09-28-2004, 08:37 PM
TL no more!

Originally Posted by KaMLuNg
wat is seafoam???
SeaFoam cleans whatever it touches in the engine. It's an awesome product. Here's the link to their site:

http://www.seafoamsales.com/motorTuneUpTechGas.htm

982.5TL, thank you soooo much for the pictures!!! I figured that I need to pull those bottles off. What about the parking lights in the headlamp assembly, you know, the little lights on the sides of the headlights at the fenders?? Is it the same way or do I have to take the splash shields off the wheel wells?
Old 09-28-2004, 09:10 PM
Senior Moderator

where did u pour the stuff into??? like that first part i was all confused...
Old 09-28-2004, 09:49 PM
All about JDM

Here are the directions for the parking light bulbs, the small ones in the corners.

You need to remove the coolant reserve tank and the vacuum tank by pulling them straight out. Remove the maintenance cover to change a bulb on the passanger side.

Remove the vacuum tank holder. Pull the bulb straight out of its socket, and put the new bulb in.
Just like all the other lights, you have to turn it one quarter turn counterclockwise to get the socket out.

Then just reverse the order. So i guess its essentially the same. You should be able to access those little lights the same time you replace the others. Good luck!

This sea foam sounds interesting....
Old 09-28-2004, 09:58 PM
TL no more!

Originally Posted by KaMLuNg
where did u pour the stuff into??? like that first part i was all confused...
You suck 1/3 of that can through the PCV valve. Have a helper to push the gas pedal for ya because once you start sucking that stuff in, the engine will want to stall so tell the helper to keep on pushing and compensate if the engine wanted to stall. I got it to stall once but thankfully the engine started up again. Once you're done with the 1/3 can, turn the engine off and leave it alone for 10 minutes then start the engine. You'll be seeing a smoke show, indicating that the engine is burning all the carbon that was in your engine. It's an awesome product.

Thanks again for the instructions, 982.5TL!!!!
Old 09-29-2004, 05:06 PM
Senior Moderator

so u take the tube off the intake and let it suck that stuff in????
Old 09-29-2004, 05:43 PM
TL no more!

Yup!
Old 09-29-2004, 06:06 PM
Senior Moderator

we have two coming off the intake... both or one??? sorry for all the n00b questions....
Old 09-29-2004, 07:48 PM
TL no more!

If you have the 3.2L, click on this thread. Item #3 is the PCV valve.

http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95171
Old 10-02-2004, 11:17 PM
TL no more!

A small update

I took a few pics of the car earlier today. It's a very dirty car but I will definitely have some very clean and nice pics by next weekend. I also did the fog light mod. It literally took me 2 minutes to do it. Thanks for the thread on that!!!

I changed the sidemarkers to superwhites to match my Silverstars.

Now the dirty pics:

I will post on a separate thread after my first major detail.
Old 10-03-2004, 10:58 AM
Racer

Just as a note, I put some blue LED's in the bumper lights and the side markers, and they are way better than the normal blue bulbs I had in there. They are VERY blue...I found a 10 pack on ebay for like 30 bucks shipped. If anyone was wondering, the LED's are way brighter and SHOULD last much longer than the bulbs. My blue bulbs were turing white already and I've only had them for a few months. I'll post some pics as soon as I remember, I'm at work now, but its quite a difference.
Old 10-03-2004, 06:04 PM
TL no more!

I can't and don't want blue because of legal reasons and it's not my thing. I like white. But anyways, the bulbs I installed aren't painted, they're natural colored glass so they won't fade like the painted ones. I have the same kind of bulbs in the interior of my Explorer for over a year and they look just like brand new.
Old 10-06-2004, 02:08 PM
Racer

Ah, good point...blue wouldnt really match the green anyways...its better in the end, the blue bulbs wear out I think. I have to say, I really like the green of your car...Acura did a really good job choosing colors for our cars if you ask me.
Old 10-08-2004, 10:29 PM
TL no more!

Thanks man! You're definitely right about that. I spent about 10 hours yesterday detailing the car. It looks awesome now. All I have to do now is to wash it again tomorrow then finish off with S100. I'll take some pics tomorrow. Took some pics tonight with my Silverstars. Enjoy!!!

A couple of feet away from garage door

About 10 feet away. I love these headlights!!!

Another shot. I got some superwhite bulbs to match the Silverstars. Match very very nicely

With my fog lights on. The yellow threw the color off so that's why the lights are soooo blue.

Tell me what you guys think.
Old 10-08-2004, 11:09 PM
Racer

I like how you got the bulbs to match...nice work man
Old 10-27-2004, 08:50 PM
TL no more!

Oh man...I totally forgot to post pics after my detail a few weeks ago. Here they are:

I love hood shots!!! :p

I also stripped the paint off of the shift plate. Now it looks a lot more elegant than with the silver paint, wouldn't you all agree??
Old 10-28-2004, 08:43 AM
Racer

I love the clear bumper lights, they look so much cleaner than the stock orange ones!! Car looks awesome man.
Old 01-01-2005, 03:25 PM
TL no more!

Thanks, bud!!

I got bored today so I polished out the fake wood with Klasse AIO and man, do they look good!! The wood now is silky smooth and shiny. And what the heck, it was 73 degrees out so I decided to take some fresh pictures and here they are!!

Polished out the shift plate too. Heh...a while ago when I was installing the aux-in, I switched the switches around so now, the left seat heater button is in the top position instead of the fogs.

Gotta love NXT. The shine is still there even after 4 months.

All dressed up to take my lady out tonight.

Got a little creative. This is officially my new wallpaper.

Enjoy!!
Old 01-01-2005, 03:41 PM
Registered Driver

What did you use for products on it? Came out nice. I wish my bumpers weren't all scratched up They really take away from the look of the car but oh well.

I love that door to door reflection shot.
Old 01-03-2005, 09:49 PM
TL no more!

Thanks, bud!! This time, I used Maguiar's NXT. It lasted pretty long so I'm pretty happy with it. I'm planning to strip all the wax off and apply the Klasse twins (AIO+SG) this time. I just have to find a day where I can get my lazy butt off any surfaces and work on it.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:12 PM
TL no more!

Wow!! I haven't been back here for so long but I haven't forgotten you guys. I sold the Acura a year ago and bought an '06 Accord EX-L. I love this car. I get almost a consistent 26mpg and got up to 38mpg on the highway. I love it!! Of course, I have done tons of tasteful mods to it. Nothing ricey or anything. Here're some pics:

Look closely, a little more...that's it! They're HID's!!! I did a TSX retro. I love it!!!

Close up

Installed an genuine Honda lip spoiler. Got it on ebay for $110 shipped!!!

Was at the park the other day so I decided to take a few pics

Very artsy. Won't do it again. LOL

Here's a list of mods I've done so far:

Fog lights
fog light mod
Yellow tinted fog light lenses
Autodimming mirror
PA11-HON2 iPod adaptor
LED license plate lights and backup lights
Boston Acoustics NX97 6x9 speakers
Infinity 6012si 6.5" front speakers
cathode lights in trunk
Inspire taillights
35% Formula One tints
HID retro with TSX projectors
Lip spoiler

Hope y'all like it!!!!
Old 05-02-2007, 08:47 PM
大日本帝国

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
Love the retrofit! I had forgotten what the USDM headlights looked like, hehe. The JDM Inspire lamps have HIDs, but Honda just shaped the housing differently, not adding projectors.

~Cheers~
Old 05-03-2007, 01:25 AM
Three Wheelin'

looks exactly like mine.... just with a nicer exterior