What's the best Music to listen to in a 1st gen TL?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 05:05 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
What's the best Music to listen to in a 1st gen TL?

I don't know about you guys, but I Listen to just about everything in my TL... So what music sounds best/fits the mood best in our cars? Also post what kind of Speaker/Amp/Reciever...etc... setup you have!

Is it....

a.) CLASSIC ROCK
b.) MODERN/ALTERNATIVE
c.) RAP/R&B
d.) Country
e.) CLASSICAL/JAZZ
f.) TECHNO/DANCE
g.) OTHER (SPECIFY)

I have a Alpine head unit with the stock speakers, and my vote is cast for Jazz/Classical... Just cause it makes you feel that much more luxurious... But I listen to all of the above... well except for country... which I doubt will get many hits... POST REPLIES!
Old 09-19-2005, 05:37 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G.) Heavy Metal!
Old 09-19-2005, 05:39 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
wouldn't this be more or a taste/opinion question??? if properly set up all music should sound good in the TL...
Old 09-19-2005, 05:49 PM
TL no more!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It really depends on your taste. Like me, for example, I have an iPod with almost 8 full days worth of music (around 2,700 songs) that has almost every genre catogories. Sometimes I would listen to classical to calm my nerves down and sometimes I would listen to rap or heavy metal just because the weather is nice out and driving with the windows down. So yeah...it really depnds.
Old 09-19-2005, 05:55 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
honestly depends on what im feeling...
i listen to almost anything... mostly trance though xD;
Old 09-19-2005, 10:35 PM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

Originally Posted by ljmushock
a.) CLASSIC ROCK
b.) MODERN/ALTERNATIVE
c.) RAP/R&B
d.) Country
e.) CLASSICAL/JAZZ
f.) TECHNO/DANCE
g.) OTHER (SPECIFY)
Well... A, B, C, E, and G...

A: Black Sabbath, AC/DC, Slayer...

B: 311, Nirvana, Linkin Park, Evenesence...

C: Old school actually... Eazy-E, Snoop(Deathrow), Dre (Deathrow), RunDMC, 2-livecrew, Too $hort, E-40, Celly Cell... etc...

E Definatly... i listen to some Bach, Motzart, Beethoven, Henry Mancini, John Philips Sousa (marching band type), John Williams... etc... I know i'm a classical nerd... Use to play Tuba...

G - Specification: Underground Rap... Gangster Shit... Hit up myspace for a taste of what i'm talking about... None of that 50 cent or Kanye West crap... Then again i'm Mexican so favoritizm kind of comes into play...
Old 09-19-2005, 10:49 PM
Racer

I don't know about you guys, but I Listen to just about everything in my TL... So what music sounds best/fits the mood best in our cars? Also post what kind of Speaker/Amp/Reciever...etc... setup you have!

Is it....

a.) CLASSIC ROCK
b.) MODERN/ALTERNATIVE
c.) RAP/R&B
d.) Country
e.) CLASSICAL/JAZZ
f.) TECHNO/DANCE
g.) OTHER (SPECIFY)

I have a Alpine head unit with the stock speakers, and my vote is cast for Jazz/Classical... Just cause it makes you feel that much more luxurious... But I listen to all of the above... well except for country... which I doubt will get many hits... POST REPLIES!
well for me in a sunday ill say e.
monday thru thusday b.
friday f.
and saturday c. and maybe if im with a hot blonde that is from the country then d.
if im with a hot latina i go with g. raggieton,
Old 09-20-2005, 01:37 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Well.. I'll try and be unbiased.. acoustic guitar, jazz and classical music seem to be most suited music for the audio system we have. Makes sense if you ask me.

I have the stock head unit (again) and Nakamichi speakers.
Old 09-20-2005, 04:13 AM
Banned

Techno baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-20-2005, 04:17 AM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

As a slightly off topic addition to this post, what company produced the stock speakers for the Gen1s? A lot of people seem to think it's a Bose unit, but I've always been under the impression than the only TL's with Bose systems were Gen2s.
Old 09-20-2005, 04:23 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by 03CoupeV6
As a slightly off topic addition to this post, what company produced the stock speakers for the Gen1s? A lot of people seem to think it's a Bose unit, but I've always been under the impression than the only TL's with Bose systems were Gen2s.
Its not Bose. The head unit is a Matsushita (Panasonic) and I assume the speakers are as well.
Old 09-20-2005, 10:47 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Ken1997TL
Its not Bose. The head unit is a Matsushita (Panasonic) and I assume the speakers are as well.
Yeah well the speakers are crap... pulled em out yesterday... looks like a carboard box cut into a circle... no wonder its blown!
Old 09-20-2005, 04:50 PM
Instructor

2Pac....Tupac....2Pac!!! I slow it down when the ladies are in the car though.
Old 09-20-2005, 06:58 PM
WDP- lovin' every minute!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
depends on the mood and the company.....
when alone mostly hip hop old school/new school but mostly west coast cube, connection snoop nate dre, eazy e 2 short etc

on weekends and when cruizin definitely reggaeton that shit is hot ova here (and i understand the words as well seeing as how im mexican)

when with a lady, slow jamz- 112 keith sweat, boyz 2 men, babyface etc

but my favorite when im in a drinking mood would definitely be Chente, and Ramon Ayala my latin peeps should know what i mean
Old 09-20-2005, 09:35 PM
All about JDM

30 seconds to mars. i have a apline headunit, polk speakers front and rear, and a kappa perfect 12 in the trunk powerd to 400 watts RMS, thats what sub says is optimum i guess. I blast that 30 seconds to mars so damn loud. thats when im by myself, lol
i like TI, 3 Six Mafia, lol, and Cassidy. I listen to a mix of everything.
Primarily older rap tupac, bone thugs, biggy, snoop, dr dre, eminem. R&B aaliyah, ginuine, baby face, toni braxton r kelly. emo/screamo shit hawthorne heights, my chemical romance armor for sleep, taking back sunday (my favorite), the used, fall out boy. and good old rock and roll metallica, audioslave, system of a down. shit like that.
i like it all but country. :P
Old 09-20-2005, 10:36 PM
Instructor

WU-TANG, WU-TANG, WU-TANG the RZA, the GZA, OL DIRTY BASTARD, INSPECTA DECK, GOSTFACE KILLA, RAEKWON THE CHEF, MASTA KILLA, U-GOD, and the M E T H O D MAN. all of them still the most raw creative form of hip hop out there. Straight from Staten Island
Old 09-21-2005, 10:40 AM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

Originally Posted by cali2.5tl
when im in a drinking mood would definitely be Chente, and Ramon Ayala my latin peeps should know what i mean
Old 09-22-2005, 04:07 PM
Racer

but my favorite when im in a drinking mood would definitely be Chente, and Ramon Ayala my latin peeps should know what i mean [/QUOTE]

lost a cuz from a drinking and driving a@%hole.
thats cool, and im not saying not to,or not agast ya. just not my style.
Old 09-22-2005, 04:47 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

It's okay to say not to, it's okay to call it exactly what it is: Stupid.

But no one ever understands until an ignorant drunk gets behind the wheel of a car and takes away someone they love. Only then do they consider the consequences of their actions, and of course, then it's too late. I have no respect for anyone who does it, and as far as I'm concerned they can wrap it around a tree. The world would be a safer place without them.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:59 PM
Burning Brakes

It's okay to say not to, it's okay to call it exactly what it is: Stupid.

But no one ever understands until an ignorant drunk gets behind the wheel of a car and takes away someone they love. Only then do they consider the consequences of their actions, and of course, then it's too late. I have no respect for anyone who does it, and as far as I'm concerned they can wrap it around a tree. The world would be a safer place without them.
Just wondering, not criticizing, because I agree w/you, but have you DUI even once, and not gotten caught?
Old 09-22-2005, 06:14 PM
Racer

i have once on new year eve couse i couldnt find a driver and had to work the next day..i love to drink but not when im driving. when u drink and drive u feel more confindence to speed and drive more aggressive but ur reaction is not as fast as u think and thats whan shit happeins. maybe not now but one day!!!
Old 09-22-2005, 06:51 PM
WDP- lovin' every minute!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ok how about you read carefully before you start talking smack hommie. its called reading comprehension im sure they offer a course at the local community college. first of all i said it makes me feel like drinking. i never once stated i have driven under the influence nor do i ever plan to. second of all if you don't even know what music or artists im referring to then you wouldn't understand what i mean. that is specifically why i said my LATIN peeps would know what im talking about because they have listened to the music and know what is behind the music and the culture.get the facts straight and then you can talk all you want, otherwise shut it and you will sound alot smarter. siempre tienen que salir con sus mamadas
Old 09-22-2005, 07:42 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

Just wondering, not criticizing, because I agree w/you, but have you DUI even once, and not gotten caught?

No. Not once EVER. And I'm not religious, and my mom's not dead, but whatever I could swear on I would.

BTW - hard to DUI if you don't drink, and I don't, and never have.

Edit: I actually wasn't making a post pointed at ANYONE on here specifically. I read the posts carefully and I know no one in this post said anything about drinking and driving themselves. I was just giving a general opinion of what I think of people who do.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:06 PM
Burning Brakes

No. Not once EVER. And I'm not religious, and my mom's not dead, but whatever I could swear on I would.

BTW - hard to DUI if you don't drink, and I don't, and never have.

Edit: I actually wasn't making a post pointed at ANYONE on here specifically. I read the posts carefully and I know no one in this post said anything about drinking and driving themselves. I was just giving a general opinion of what I think of people who do.
Cool... You seem like a pretty straight forward guy, I used to be mr anti-alcohol... that is until I discovered that if used responsibly you really can have a good time and appreciate it... Good to hear though, you were right about people who do tho!

But anywho... HOW BOUT DEM BRAVES!!!
Old 09-22-2005, 09:47 PM
Racer

ok how about you read carefully before you start talking smack hommie. its called reading comprehension im sure they offer a course at the local community college. first of all i said it makes me feel like drinking. i never once stated i have driven under the influence nor do i ever plan to. second of all if you don't even know what music or artists im referring to then you wouldn't understand what i mean. that is specifically why i said my LATIN peeps would know what im talking about because they have listened to the music and know what is behind the music and the culture.get the facts straight and then you can talk all you want, otherwise shut it and you will sound alot smarter. siempre tienen que salir con sus mamadas
yo soy latino tambien hommie! dont take things personal, im just giving a message, i dont care what u do thats ur bess, but those who do care can hear me out. so theres nothing to u bro... and thats longeyes
Old 09-22-2005, 09:57 PM
Racer

but u drink alot of carona's than thats ok couse thats water down beer.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:52 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

Cool... You seem like a pretty straight forward guy, I used to be mr anti-alcohol... that is until I discovered that if used responsibly you really can have a good time and appreciate it... Good to hear though, you were right about people who do tho!

But anywho... HOW BOUT DEM BRAVES!!!
Hahaha yeah, back when I was younger I was anti-alcohol. I just hated it. Now, I can respect it's use if it is responsible. But it irks me to know that some people take my loved one's well-being so lightly by getting behind the wheel while intoxicated. A girl I knew (not real well) was driving a 2001 Blazer a couple of years ago when a drunk driver in an F-250 ran a redlight and hit her in the passenger side (she was alone in the vehicle. The passenger door was literally touching the driver's seat, the Blazer was unrecognizable. The drunk driver had some cuts and bruises but was okay, however she was not. She spent something like 3 months in ICU in a coma. We didn't think she was going to make it, but she has since had to re-learn basic skills. All because some idiot made a stupid decision that night. She was 3 months pregnant, as well... the baby died.

I personally want the guy who did that to her UNDER the jail, but he got something like 15 years.
Old 09-23-2005, 12:38 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 982.5TL
30 seconds to mars. i have a apline headunit, polk speakers front and rear, and a kappa perfect 12 in the trunk powerd to 400 watts RMS, thats what sub says is optimum i guess. I blast that 30 seconds to mars so damn loud. thats when im by myself, lol
i like TI, 3 Six Mafia, lol, and Cassidy. I listen to a mix of everything.
Primarily older rap tupac, bone thugs, biggy, snoop, dr dre, eminem. R&B aaliyah, ginuine, baby face, toni braxton r kelly. emo/screamo shit hawthorne heights, my chemical romance armor for sleep, taking back sunday (my favorite), the used, fall out boy. and good old rock and roll metallica, audioslave, system of a down. shit like that.
i like it all but country. :P
Hah
3 six mafia ,tupac,bone thug, biggie dre, HH my chemical romances, taking back sunday, THE USED my FAV, fall out boy...
that rocks its like u named all the artists i like to listen to... hah right off my playlist.
Old 09-23-2005, 01:40 AM
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
It all depends on the mood im in, but I love bumping to Jay-Z - can I get a and YoungBloodz - dis dat block.
Old 09-23-2005, 12:06 PM
Racer

who sings at loud in there tl's, im a singer but i cant sing so i just sing with my window up and music up in volume so i wont hurt anyones hears,lol. i even use my steering wheel as a drum whan listing to rock. who else at a fool in there tl.
Old 09-23-2005, 12:07 PM
Racer

who sings at loud in there tl's, im a singer but i cant sing so i just sing with my window up and music up in volume so i wont hurt anyones hears,lol. i even use my steering wheel as a drum whan listing to rock. who else at a fool in there tl.
Old 10-01-2005, 07:54 AM
Racer

When I drive I listen to the beginning Initial D fourth stage soundtrack.
Old 10-02-2005, 10:14 PM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

all i said it makes me feel like drinking. i never once stated i have driven under the influence nor do i ever plan to. siempre tienen que salir con sus mamadas
estan loco's los dos... All i'll say to both of you is...

1. Drive in your TL to your local liquor store... Pick your poison...

2. Drive back to your (Friends/family's) house...

3. Open the doors (Trunk if you have a system) and blast it while sitting on the porch downing some of your poison...

Follow these three rules and you'll be fine...

Right now i'm getting a little into the rock more...
Old 10-02-2005, 10:42 PM
Racer

what's the best music to listen in a 1st gen TL? . Que pregunta mas pendeja . (translation ) what a dumbass question. If I said it was polka, would that be all you listen to in your tl ?
Old 10-02-2005, 10:45 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

Originally Posted by geminisdc
what's the best music to listen in a 1st gen TL? . Que pregunta mas pendeja . (translation ) what a dumbass question. If I said it was polka, would that be all you listen to in your tl ?
You're a bitter man, eh?
Old 10-03-2005, 02:31 AM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

POLKA!!! Yes... that is all i'm going to listen in my TL from now on...

Guess the question should have been... What do you guys listen to in your TL... but we know what he means... sooo... its ok...

with everyone that said Depends on the mood... i'm kind of in the rock thing right about now... sooo guess what mood i'm in...
Old 10-04-2005, 07:49 PM
6th Gear

What kind of quesition is this??? Question should be more along the lines of..."What genre of music do you prefer"..not just in the 1st gen TL..
Old 10-04-2005, 10:23 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by SlammedMax
What kind of quesition is this??? Question should be more along the lines of..."What genre of music do you prefer"..not just in the 1st gen TL..
I'm guessing, but I'll assume the original question would be best asked as

"What genre of music do you believe is best suited for the 1st generation TL's stereo?"
Old 10-05-2005, 08:58 PM
Instructor

Reggae such as steel pulse, Capleton, Bob marley and much more.....