What Suspension Fits......?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 10:10 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What Suspension Fits......?

Does any other suspension fit our cars? Like does any other cars struts/ shocks
fit / compatible ? I remember seeing someones quote that an Accord sus will fit. I mean I cant find struts for my car so maybe if I look for a set for a different car, I can find something.
Old 04-15-2006, 05:55 PM
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
accord suspension "fits" but it won't be able to stand the weight of our engine/car. our engine/overall weight of our car are more heavier so it will sag and prob wont last long. your best bet is to either buy new ones MADE for the UA2 or maybe the CB5 (vigor).
Old 04-15-2006, 11:34 PM
808 TL Scene Photographer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TSX Springs fit the 2.5... jus add another inch to the quoted drop... the TSX and 2.5TL are similiar in weight and size.

If you don't wanna take the chance do what TLballer says and jus get ones made for our cars.
Old 04-16-2006, 02:27 AM
Banned

Yeah in any way you want to buy whats made for the car. But I understand in this case, parts are so limited for the Gen 1 TL.
Old 04-16-2006, 06:50 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
The front stabilizer bar from a '91 - '95 Legend will fit a 3.2 TL
Old 04-16-2006, 10:57 AM
Racer

TSX Springs fit the 2.5... jus add another inch to the quoted drop... the TSX and 2.5TL are similiar in weight and size.
Is it true the TSX springs fit the 2.5 TL?
Anyone have it on their 2.5TL?
I just want to confirm this before I start ordering it.

In my experience, Ive used the prokits, the ground control with Eibach springs, and the Honda Accord struts. Let me tell you something, they were horrible.
I guess thats what I get for using parts that arent meant for my 2.5TL.
But I had no choice since I want a lowered look and performance.

The rear springs would be alright. However, the front springs are the problem.
Our cars are too f*cking heavy. I guess nobody wants the challenge of making one for our car. If they do, it cant support it. I mean, compare the width of the aftermarket coils with the stock ones. The aftermarket coils are small and thinner just by looking at it. My struts are about to go soon, and I put them on last year!

I havent tried Intrax springs yet. I would love to hear reviews from others that had used them. From my experience, you can tell easily if a spring can tolerate the weight of our car just by lokkng at the size and width of the coils.

A friend of mine also has a 2.5TL.
We had the same problems with the lowering springs.
So what he did was, he bought brand new OEM springs from the dealer, then
he would cut like 2-3 coils off and put them on. To my surprise, it worked like a motherf*cker. It is lowered, and it the coils are abled to support the weight of the car, rides smoother with no bottoms out, thus his struts doesnt get crushed.
I think Im going to go that path if all esle fails.

Anyway, lets look at the curb weight of the TL from what I got from Hondanews.com.

The curb weight for the 3.2, 2.5 and TSx.

- 3.2TL is 3461 lbs (1570 kg).
- 2.5TL is 3252 lbs (1475 kg).
- TSX Curb Weight
Manual Trans without Navigation System-->3230 lbs
Manual trans with Navigation System-->3241 lbs
Auto without Navigation System--->3318 lbs
Auto with Navigation System ---> 3329 lbs

So we have a choice here.
The TSX has may have 4 springs to handle each of the four weights.
If we select one of the TSX springs that are light than our car then our car will be lowered alittle bit. thats if the tsx coil fit our car.
Old 04-16-2006, 06:49 PM
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would not cut the oem springs if I were you. A friend did it to his prelude and it BOUNCES like a mother..
Old 04-16-2006, 09:45 PM

I currently have stock TSX springs on my car and my car is dropped bout an inch and some change.... the only difference with the TSX springs is that the perch on the TSX strut sits bout an inch or so higher.... i have had them on my car for bout 5 months or maybe a little less and i have no problems.... the only thing i had to do was modify the front top hat to fit the TSX spring... other than that the rear goes in with ease. I will be installing the TEIN luxury masters once my leg gets better(i sprained my knee). and that should drop it bout 2 inches... and DO NOT USE CUT STOCKS!!! they will bounce like a motherfucker and kill your struts.
Old 04-16-2006, 09:51 PM
OMG! Oh N0ES!

Originally Posted by Ysidro
Is it true the TSX springs fit the 2.5 TL?
Anyone have it on their 2.5TL?
I just want to confirm this before I start ordering it.

In my experience, Ive used the prokits, the ground control with Eibach springs, and the Honda Accord struts. Let me tell you something, they were horrible.
I guess thats what I get for using parts that arent meant for my 2.5TL.
But I had no choice since I want a lowered look and performance.

The rear springs would be alright. However, the front springs are the problem.
Our cars are too f*cking heavy. I guess nobody wants the challenge of making one for our car. If they do, it cant support it. I mean, compare the width of the aftermarket coils with the stock ones. The aftermarket coils are small and thinner just by looking at it. My struts are about to go soon, and I put them on last year!

I havent tried Intrax springs yet. I would love to hear reviews from others that had used them. From my experience, you can tell easily if a spring can tolerate the weight of our car just by lokkng at the size and width of the coils.

A friend of mine also has a 2.5TL.
We had the same problems with the lowering springs.
So what he did was, he bought brand new OEM springs from the dealer, then
he would cut like 2-3 coils off and put them on. To my surprise, it worked like a motherf*cker. It is lowered, and it the coils are abled to support the weight of the car, rides smoother with no bottoms out, thus his struts doesnt get crushed.
I think Im going to go that path if all esle fails.

Anyway, lets look at the curb weight of the TL from what I got from Hondanews.com.

The curb weight for the 3.2, 2.5 and TSx.

- 3.2TL is 3461 lbs (1570 kg).
- 2.5TL is 3252 lbs (1475 kg).
- TSX Curb Weight
Manual Trans without Navigation System-->3230 lbs
Manual trans with Navigation System-->3241 lbs
Auto without Navigation System--->3318 lbs
Auto with Navigation System ---> 3329 lbs

So we have a choice here.
The TSX has may have 4 springs to handle each of the four weights.
If we select one of the TSX springs that are light than our car then our car will be lowered alittle bit. thats if the tsx coil fit our car.
did u use the eibach prokits for the 2.5TL or accord? i have the prokits for the 2.5TL and they are great. Near stock ride, but with the lowered stance.

And as everyone else has said, cutting coils on stock springs is bad and dangerous. You change the spring rates which could potentially be bad for your car and struts. Some springs CAN be cut (only the dead coils though, i believe neuspeed springs have a few deadcoils). Old school American muscle car people used to cut stock springs, but with what they were doing, cut springs were the last of their problems.

Another bad thing people do is heat springs. Its just as bad as cutting springs.
Old 04-16-2006, 10:45 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
By the way, anyone drives a slammed or lowered "Our Cars" and have 18's? I want 18 but keep the car at its 3,4 inch drop without rubbing....
Old 04-16-2006, 10:45 PM
Racer

did u use the eibach prokits for the 2.5TL or accord? i have the prokits for the 2.5TL and they are great. Near stock ride, but with the lowered stance.
I got one that said it was for a 2.5 TL.
The only thing I got from an Accord was the struts.
When I first put it on, it would ride and look nice.
Then when it settles down, the springs become softer thus lower and bottoms out.

And as everyone else has said, cutting coils on stock springs is bad and dangerous. You change the spring rates which could potentially be bad for your car and struts. Some springs CAN be cut (only the dead coils though, i believe neuspeed springs have a few deadcoils). Old school American muscle car people used to cut stock springs, but with what they were doing, cut springs were the last of their problems.
Another bad thing people do is heat springs. Its just as bad as cutting springs.

From my understanding and experience riding in my friend's car,
cutting the springs will change its rates.
It will make it more stiff and bouncier .
However this stiff and bounciness can be compensated by using a good adjustable struts.
I like this because the springs can hold the weight of the car and the struts can handle shocks and vibrations without the weight pushing it down all the time thus doesnt lead to bottoms out.

The danger in cutting springs comes in when people cut them
improperly and take too much off. Like for example, the springs werent measured and cut evenly. This will give us an uneven ride. At first my friend cutted his old stock springs. He measured and that stuff, but because the springs were old and worn out, it became uneven. So he bought and cutted new ones.

The tools used to cut the springs are also critical. I mean you cant use a f*cking torch to cut them. The heat will screwup the spring rates.

I will try the TSX springs. If it works it'll be easy.
Old 04-17-2006, 06:15 AM

I had the ebay specials on my car for bout a month and tanked it all the way down.. i ended up tucking 15 inch steelies with FULL turning ability...... I was running 195/60R15 so if you go with 225/35R18's you will have the same radius but different width hence the different offset. SO, THEORETICALLY you could also slam the hell out of your car and still have full turning capability with no problems. Then again you gotta think...225's are a hell of a lot wider than 195's so the offset may not cure that issue.. anyone willing to try? hahah. PM me for the info on what to do with the tophat if you are going to try the TSX springs... and remember if a TSX spring says 1.5 inch drop add another inch to that
Old 04-17-2006, 04:37 PM
Racer

The TSX springs dont look like its got a top hat or do they? I dont thinnk I'll be cutting it. I might even try and pput them on coilovers.WTF...

Old 04-17-2006, 04:43 PM
Racer

By the way anyone looked into the New RL springs?
The curb weight is 3984 lbs (1807 kg).
It looks pretty short. Best thing to do is buy used one on ebay to try them on.

Old 04-17-2006, 07:05 PM

ok ... you don't put drop springs on coilovers cause that will actually give you a lift.... coilover springs are made shorter on purpose due to the fact that they move up and down. Drop springs on the other hand are made a specific rate and height and will drop your car to what it says it will... so.... if a drop spring will give you a 2 inch drop and you stick it in a coilover(without adjustable strut body.. which may be the only way to acheive a drop with those in there) you will be at stock height. because the perches will ad about 2 inches. catch?

and piece number 7 in the TSX suspension pic is your tophat.... the rubber piece which is number 10 is what will have to be modified to fit the 2.5.... i have not tried the TSX on the 3.2 so i don't know what will happen if you try and put them on a 3.2