Well my Accord is SOLD!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2003, 02:50 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well my Accord is SOLD!

So today I met up with the kid who wants to buy it. He and his dad fell in love with it. I let him drive it for a while and he really likes it. I told him he'll have the only car like this ANYWHERE! I says when you go back to school after x-mas break you'll be the cool kid, haha. You will be very original I told him. I'll be curious to see what he does to it. He's 17, but very good with things. His dad was telling me how he really takes care of his other car. You can tell when you meet somebody if they are cool or not. He reminds me of me when I was 17. Now I'm passing on my love to someone who is very anxious for it. I know he'll take care of it. He said all his friends will be blown away. In 9 years I got what I wanted out of it. As much as it would be tempting to keep going with my Accord, the best thing to do is sell.

So this day has finally come. A day I never thought would happen. But really it's time to move on I guess. I can pay off my TL now, and get a new one in a year or so. Maybe a 03 TL Type S.

Next weekend I am meeting up with him to collect and give my Accord away. That will be a day I never forget, that's for sure. I do have tons of pics, video, and my site to always live on. I'll be in touch with him to see what hes done with it. I'll keep 89accord.com forever. It will always be mikes89, hehe. He's getting a car that I've babied for 9 years. It's very weird feeling inside. I feel like I'm giving away my kid or something, lol. I told you guys I wouldn't just sell it to anybody. What bought him on my car was the paint and wheels. Ya the CHROME wheels. I know many of you will be shocked to see me selling this. I'm shocked myself. I'll def miss it. But ya thats the news guys.

Also, one prob was my trunk has a major leak. Which I've known about, but forgot about it. So tonight when showing them they saw that, and damn, my trunk had a river in it, no joke. Pretty bad. So I thought, it's got to be my dam spoiler. Sure enough, the holes they drilled were too big. That's how water was getting inside. I took the wing off, and theres all this crud underneath I need to get off. I'm going to take pics of the car without the wing, to show you what it looks like with everything on it without the wing. I'm getting new gaskets to seal the holes with, and reinstalling the wing this week, so the kid doesnt have the leak prob. Sucks, of course this happens when I'm about to sell.
Old 12-21-2003, 04:49 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Yeah I had an '88 Accord. I miss that car. RIP.

Now I have my TL
Old 12-21-2003, 11:53 PM
fight ninja! ya!

That's nice to hear! How much did you let her go for?
Old 12-22-2003, 12:52 AM
Banned

$5500. Nothing for what I put into it, but at this point, it's not too bad.
Old 12-22-2003, 09:40 AM
fight ninja! ya!

Man, you were asking higher for it a while back.... oh well. You get what you get. At least you can put that money to something that you can get some use out of. (Like modding your TL :P )
Old 12-22-2003, 11:32 AM
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i also had an accord i had to let go.. it was a 97 accord ex coupe with over 5 grand in modifications. i was racing and a 73 year old women came RIGHT out in front of me. she claims she didnt see 2 cars (me and the other racer) coming and swore that she didnt hear our cat back exhaust. should 73 year old people be driving in the 1st place?? that, i dont know but can someone tell me why old peoples insurance is so cheap when they cause a lot of accidents??

anyway, the car was towed away and was considered "totaled" and i had it towed to the honda dealership with all my goodies in the car. insurance dont cover mods even though i had the receipts! they just said, take whatever you can from the car and resell it so i was only able to take out my ignition wires and air filter. springs, headers, intake, cam gears, shaft, springs, exhaust, stayed with the car. i was only able to take my headunit, spoiler, and both of my clear tails (clear tails...this was yrs before altezza tails came out). i just miss my old car and have always wondered who bought the car and wish i caught the driver of the car now, jump him, and jack my car back