Well, it broke my heart to do it...

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007 | 10:15 PM
Instructor

Well, it broke my heart to do it...

Well, it broke my heart to do it, but I traded my TL in today. I need something that gets better fuel economy, has more cargo room, and isn't going to have something fall off or die on me every 3 weeks.

Drove everything out there, and the the best fit for my needs is a Mazda 3 Sport GT. By the time I die I will have tried every Japanese manufacturer out there. I've had 1 Toyota, 2 Acuras, now a Mazda. I guess the next one after this will be a Nissan.

If Honda hadn't made the bonehead move of discontinuing production on all small Acura liftbacks, I would have grabbed one of them. And I just can't justify the cost to buy and operate an SUV (even the RDX).

Acuras have been the best cars I have ever owned, and if the Honda execs ever pull their heads out of their butts and offer small or medium hatchback or liftback with decent fuel economy I will come back home.

As it stands now, I have to go elsewhere for my wheels.

It's been fun, you guys are all great. You've helped me solve most of my problems, and given me a ton of resources and advice.

Later, gentlemen (and ladies)....
Old 07-18-2007 | 10:19 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Sask32TL
By the time I die I will have tried every Japanese manufacturer out there
LOL!! how old are u btw.
Old 07-18-2007 | 10:28 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by friskoplayer
LOL!! how old are u btw.

47..lol
Old 07-18-2007 | 11:44 PM
大日本帝国

Damn, m8. Too bad the RSX was just discontinued recently, huh? Good luck with your Mazda 3!

~Cheers~
Old 07-19-2007 | 09:38 AM
Senior Moderator

best of luck.. u r always welcome here.. .acutally post some pics of your new ride...
Old 07-19-2007 | 10:27 PM
Safety Car

You guys ever notice how the people who come here to make a thread about selling their car are usually people who you've never seen post or hardly ever post? lol
Old 07-19-2007 | 10:56 PM
Instructor

I'll answer your question, baller (tongue in cheek of course):

Cuz like some people I posted a lot when I first bought the car, solved all of my problems, met a bunch of cool people, learned a few things, shared some of my knowledge in electronics, then got on with my life...

I'm not a tuner, I don't spend 60% of my paychecks:
- lowering,
- tweaking,
- installing 32" wheels just to prove I can and because they look cool,
- installing racing spoilers ONLY because they look cool (BTW they were designed for rear wheel drive funny cars and dragsters, they only work at speeds above a couple hundred MPH, and if they do work they'll lower the rear end, raise the front end and effectively REDUCE traction to the drive wheels on a front wheel drive )
- installing nitrous, turbos, superchargers etc.

and that's what the vast majority of discussions here revolve around...lol

It's tough to be a regular poster when you're not doing the same things as everyone else and don't have much to add to the conversations.

You gotta remember that compared to a lot of you, I'm an old fart. I get in my car, drive to work, drive to the grocery store, go home. Every once in a while it's fun to see a 20 year old in a Neon with a loud exhaust pull up next to me and challenge the old fart in the 4-door sedan. Then watch the look on his face when I blow his freakin doors off the instant the light changes. You can simulate a lot of horsepower with fast reflexes off the line...lol

When I was in my 20s I did the whole car audio thing, installed a couple kilowatts of amplification, ripped out the back seat of my 83 Corolla coupe so I could install three 15" subs, damn near lost my hearing as a result (but DAMN that was fun).

Now I'm a grown-up, and my interests the left the car arena.

Give an old fart a break..lol

P.S. I'm just giving a wiseass reply to a wiseass comment, Baller...
Old 07-20-2007 | 09:00 AM
Senior Moderator

pics of the new ride still????
Old 07-20-2007 | 07:18 PM
Instructor

That will have to wait a week or so. I just picked the car up 3 hours ago, and I'm leaving tomorrow at 6 AM to drive to Banff and Jasper national parks.

Once I get back the dealership owes me a detailing, THEN I'll take it to a local park and take lots of pics...

Here's a teaser straight out of the brochure though (same color). The only visible difference is that mine has the moonroof:

Old 07-23-2007 | 06:57 PM
98 3.2 Flamenco Black

Now that's nice....good reviews.....good luck!