Trailer Hitch (from Curt) for first gen TL

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 04:40 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Trailer Hitch (from Curt) for first gen TL

I am trying to install a trailer hitch (receiver) on my 98 acura 3.2TL to carry my mountain bike. Currently I only founnd Curt Manufacturing (JCWhitney.com) makes one for my car. I wonder if anyone had installed that one and how it worked. My major concern is it would in the way of the rear jack bracket under the car (I do oil change and most maintenances myself and need to use the jack bracket to raise the car). Did any one who installed the Curt trailer hitch have the problem to use the jack bracket?
Thanks for your input.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:37 AM
大日本帝国

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
?! Do you tip the car forward to make sure you get all the oil out, too? I'm assuming you're talking about the little cup thing in the rear. Mine's dented to shit but I'm thinking if something like a hitch isn't strong enough to be used as a jacking point, I wouldn't trust it carrying anything.

~Cheers~

P.S. Maybe you should just have a buddy with a bike rack go with you biking. I am NOT a fan of trailer hitches on sedans. I've seen them on Vettes to carry wheels to and from the track but that's the limit for me.