They hate me on the other side of the boards, haha!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 10:47 AM
大日本帝国

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
They hate me on the other side of the boards, haha!

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39423

Haha, that's just one of three threads in the TSX and RDX forums. Why do people get all butt-hurt over there? I've gotten posts deleted without a notice, and luckily the OP in those threads were able to read them before the mod deleted them. Perhaps it was because I made the mod look like the idiot that he is (RDX side)? Or like the thread I posted above. I'll quote it here in case it gets deleted again:

Originally Posted by Go90go
Originally Posted by hunterk1
You seem to be suggesting that the TSX is a lesser vehicle because it strongly shares blood with a car that has been a perennial member of Car & Driver's 10 best list.

I was correcting this post:

Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
You're ridiculous. The TL is just as much of a re-skinned Accord, especially the 1st gen that appears in your avatar...So quit acting like the TL is so much better than a TSX because the TSX is sold as an Accord elsewhere in the world

Quit acting like you know two shits about the first gen. According to what you're saying, Accords came with longitudinally mounted engines, too, right? Damn, you guys over here on the TSX side of the boards really need to lighten up. Even the second-gen TL side is more laid back. Same thing goes for the RDX side. Taking too much shit too seriously. Over there, what started as a "cars you have smoked" thread went to bitching and crying about driving fast on the street. Another thread about the fastest you've gone became a thread bitching and crying about driving fast on the highway. Jesus.

~Cheers~
Basically, these guys got all upset because I said the TSX wasn't a luxury car in my book, since one member had said the G35 and the MKZ weren't luxury cars in theirs. Upon asking where the "L" was in the name, I was bombarded with MDX, NSX, and the RDX. A Civic with leather is still a Civic. NSX was a sports car. RDX is a racer for middle-aged men who want to feel as if they "still got it", with little to no ACTUAL off-road performance. Oh, one other post got me upset because it came from a 4-banger K-series without real i-VTEC (he was referring to my avatar):
Originally Posted by wackura
I don't think he's bought that TL yet, it apears to be on a used car lot. But the 1G TL is a great compromise of a car, go for it man!
~Cheers~

P.S. Cliff's: I said TSX wasn't luxury, TSX guys got mad, made a mod look like a retard in both RDX and TSX forums, wondering why they aren't taking things lightly.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:56 AM
East Coast Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You should not be saying disrespectful things on this board. It goes very unappreciated.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:15 AM
Turd Polisher

Received 3,027 Likes on 1,518 Posts
The TSX isn't a luxury car ... I agree 100%. It's the RSX's older brother .. and that's not really saying much. No disrespect to the TSX, it is a nice car and all.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:01 PM
Just dial 1911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What did you expect? Of course people are going to get defensive. I just dropped my TSX for an 08 TL-S. Yea, its a huge step up IMO, but in reality the TL is just as much of a entry level luxo car as the TSX is.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:04 PM
East Coast Crew

Acura is a luxury car manufacturer. I don't understand why TSX wouldn't be considered luxury since it has most of what the TL has.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:06 PM
Safety Car

Received 81 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by visuelz
Acura is a luxury car manufacturer. I don't understand why TSX wouldn't be considered luxury since it has most of what the TL has.

Mercedes is a luxury brand do you consider the c230 a luxury car.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:09 PM
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by dnd2984
My mom sure does
Old 08-17-2007, 12:22 PM
大日本帝国

You should not be saying disrespectful things on this board. It goes very unappreciated.
Well, I didn't appreciate the things said towards my platform either, .

Originally Posted by TylerT
The TSX isn't a luxury car ... I agree 100%. It's the RSX's older brother .. and that's not really saying much. No disrespect to the TSX, it is a nice car and all.
As I said in the other thread, the TSX is an Acura Accord, and a replacement for the 4-door Integra. It IS a nice car, don't get me wrong, but even a G35 or a 335 is considered near-lux, not lux. If the TSX is going to be considered lux, then why not the MKZ? Does it not have lux amenities?

Originally Posted by joerockt
What did you expect? Of course people are going to get defensive. I just dropped my TSX for an 08 TL-S. Yea, its a huge step up IMO, but in reality the TL is just as much of a entry level luxo car as the TSX is.
I didn't expect them to not get defensive, but the the arguments shouldn't have been presented that way.

Originally Posted by dnd2984
My bro's ex-gf thinks so, too, hehe.

All said and done, this is not the first time that someone on the other side has bashed a 1G without looking into what it really was. A unique platform/chassis not used for any other model, with the exception of an OBDII version of the legendary Legend (pun intended) motor (or OBDII version of the Vigor motor).

~Cheers~
Old 08-17-2007, 12:23 PM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Hmm, being a prick gets you no respect? How could you ever see that coming?
Old 08-17-2007, 12:27 PM
No He Can't

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Old 08-17-2007, 12:38 PM
Safety Car

Received 168 Likes on 122 Posts
Wow, you opened up a thread on this side of the board for your supposed incursion into the TSX board? and you act like TSX peeps don't cross over to the TL section sometimes? You aren't gonna get much love here either acting like that.

I don't care either way, but don't you think it looks like you have a inferiority complex about your 1g TL?
Old 08-17-2007, 12:40 PM
大日本帝国

Originally Posted by LukeaTron
Hmm, being a prick gets you no respect? How could you ever see that coming?
Hi, one-post-man.

Perhaps you should see how many other times I have proven myself NOT to be a prick around the boards? Oh wait, you're new here. In that case, I'll tell you what I tell every new person, do a search.

~Cheers~
Old 08-17-2007, 12:46 PM
大日本帝国

Originally Posted by CarbonGray Earl
Wow, you opened up a thread on this side of the board for your supposed incursion into the TSX board? and you act like TSX peeps don't cross over to the TL section sometimes? You aren't gonna get much love here either acting like that.

I don't care either way, but don't you think it looks like you have a inferiority complex about your 1g TL?
I had originally started this to poke fun at it, and I honestly don't care how it ends up. I cross over to the other sides sometimes just to poke around, especially because I was thinking of picking up an RDX. Only reason being I don't like what's offered by the other makes ATM. Speaking of crossing to different sides of the forum, KSuchdeve is always over here, and I have no problem with that. He's posted some useful info before. Granted in this thread, it seems like he's saying I'm a prick, but whatever. I'm not holding any of this against anyone. Some of my friend's have said I was a dick to them when we first met, but it's basically to see how thick their skin is. If they start crying, then that friendship will stay at "acquaintance" level, but other than that, we're cool. I kid alot but I mean well, .

~Cheers~
Old 08-17-2007, 12:50 PM
大日本帝国

Anyhow, I've got a meeting to go to, but let me leave the thread on this note, it's hard to detect sarcasm in forum posts. I really did forget the red text in some of the posts in the other thread, but whatever. I guess it's our personal taste in humour, though, and I don't think less of any of you. Hope that you can feel the same way.

~Cheers~
Old 08-17-2007, 01:06 PM
'13 Hyundai Sonata

Received 99 Likes on 91 Posts
Get Em!!
Old 08-17-2007, 01:13 PM
Pro

I loved that "cars you have smoked" thread...what a joke. The people who ruined that thread were the guy who kept making up cars he had "smoked" which he had no chance beating and those people who think over 75mph on the highway is always going to end up killing someone....bitch please.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:13 PM
Just dial 1911

In full back-pedal mode are we?

Originally Posted by Go90go
Anyhow, I've got a meeting to go to, but let me leave the thread on this note, it's hard to detect sarcasm in forum posts. I really did forget the red text in some of the posts in the other thread, but whatever. I guess it's our personal taste in humour, though, and I don't think less of any of you. Hope that you can feel the same way.

~Cheers~
No you didnt. I would have respected your opinion more had you just stuck to your opinion. Now you just look like a fucktard...
Old 08-17-2007, 01:23 PM
Racer

Why can't we all just get along.......we are all driving Acuras for God's Sake.........
Old 08-17-2007, 01:45 PM
Instructor

No you didnt. I would have respected your opinion more had you just stuck to your opinion. Now you just look like a fucktard...

What exactly did calling someone a fucktard accomplish then? People are angry at Go90go for being a prick and you came over and throws in a high-school-level insult? I see you are supposedly 32 years old, how about try acting your age? Calling people names really don't help your image. Please be less hypocritical with your posts next time.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:52 PM
Safety Car

Old 08-17-2007, 02:33 PM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I just happened to catch this thread because it was at the top of the list on the front page. Yeah, I've got one post (2 now), but I've been doing the whole forum thing since before there was an interweb so I'm no noob to the kind of behavior that inevitably boils out. The guys over at Penny Arcade have it pretty well figured out.

Honestly, I've been reading this forum for a good while now but have hesitated joining because the size of the population leads to most discussions being overridden by obnoxious idiots. Your average moron has the disruptive ability of a 100 normal people and it's only a matter of statistics work out that the larger the population, the more likely it is that these children will overwhelm what should be an otherwise civil conversation.

Thanks for proving my point. I'll leave you to the lion pit you've built and thrown yourself into now.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:41 PM
大日本帝国

If you go and re-read that thread, I specifically stated that the post script was meant to be in red text. I'm not back-pedalling here, m8.

Alright, LurkaTron. Have fun on the boards.

~Cheers~
Old 08-17-2007, 03:00 PM
Safety Car

Countdown till lockdown
Old 08-17-2007, 03:09 PM
VSA Rocks

What ever happened to the fucktard icon?
Old 08-17-2007, 03:43 PM
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by triggerc
What exactly did calling someone a fucktard accomplish then? People are angry at Go90go for being a prick and you came over and throws in a high-school-level insult? I see you are supposedly 32 years old, how about try acting your age? Calling people names really don't help your image. Please be less hypocritical with your posts next time.
Like I need help with my "e-Image"

Hey, thanks for the sermon! Because of you, I'll try and repent my evil e-ways...HALLELUJAH!!
Old 08-17-2007, 03:50 PM
Instructor

Like I need help with my "e-Image"

Hey, thanks for the sermon! Because of you, I'll try and repent my evil e-ways...HALLELUJAH!!
Great rebuttal, haven't seen such sarcasm in ages, so very original as well. But suit yourself, if insulting others make you feel better about yourself then go for it, at least you are not emo yet.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:57 PM
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by triggerc
Great rebuttal, haven't seen such sarcasm in ages, so very original as well. But suit yourself, if insulting others make you feel better about yourself then go for it, at least you are not emo yet.
Oh, just so you know (in case you haven't read this thread), you're defending someone dumb enough to go over to the TSX board, make a comment, then come back here not realizing how stupid the comment was, and didn't expect to get the response he's getting.

Just so you know...
Old 08-17-2007, 07:56 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
I put in my own on that thread. Not going to take sides on the TSX luxury or not fight
Old 08-17-2007, 09:20 PM
Racer

Wow. This is funny. I enjoy reading the thread.
Imo, technically, Acura is a luxury brand. Thats what Honda claims. It doesnt matter if its cheap, expensive, or rebadged. If its sold under the name Acura, its luxury. Anyone that has a problem should take it up with Honda.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:33 PM
大日本帝国

Originally Posted by LukeaTron
Your average moron has the disruptive ability of a 100 normal people and it's only a matter of statistics work out that the larger the population, the more likely it is that these children will overwhelm what should be an otherwise civil conversation.

Thanks for proving my point. I'll leave you to the lion pit you've built and thrown yourself into now.
Alright Luke, you keep thinking that, m8. Leeching information with nothing to contribute in return. I don't know if you know, but I don't try to stay anonymous here so that cartoon doesn't really apply to me. I had announced that I would be at BOTI with our Supras and to meet with Dv8, and I'm always down for a meet, as evidenced by my attendance at the Annual West Coast Acura Legend meet last weekend. Anyone wanting to meet up at Sac Raceway from California could have gone up there, like some of the SoCal guys showing up. I ended up not going because of getting hit by a truck on the way there.

Oh, just so you know (in case you haven't read this thread), you're defending someone dumb enough to go over to the TSX board, make a comment, then come back here not realizing how stupid the comment was, and didn't expect to get the response he's getting.
Oh, I expected it. Trust me, there was no surprise. The responses are similar to the ones that Sideswipe and I had received in the RDX forum.

Originally Posted by Ken1997TL
I put in my own on that thread. Not going to take sides on the TSX luxury or not fight
I like the two points you made Ken, .

Oh look, another thread in your own forum. I wonder if that one will explode like this one has:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39467

~Cheers~

P.S. 4-door Teg comparison was entry-level sedan, something none of you had picked up on.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:29 AM
Instructor

I'm way too lazy to read through that but the tsx is as im sure it was mentioned is a new 4 door teg. To me tho its really overpriced I think theyre like 28k.. I'd rather get a used TL.
Old 08-19-2007, 05:32 AM
大日本帝国

^ It's what alot of them were crying about.

~Cheers~
Old 08-19-2007, 09:37 PM
I Am A Lesbian

love u all
Old 08-19-2007, 10:20 PM
No He Can't

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Thanks for the input, you arrogant lesbian.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:59 PM
大日本帝国

^

~Cheers~
Old 08-20-2007, 03:20 PM
AJ3
3.2 Infatuated

Wow... I must say, while I was hesitant to get involved, for what its worth, I appreciate the humor and interest that you have all brought. Many good points have been made, attitude dished out, humor splashed, and a couple of you just got salted on. This one made me laugh and killed a bunch of time for me at work today. Thanks guys..LONG LIVE THE THREADS THAT BURN!!!
Old 08-21-2007, 11:54 PM
Instructor

Geeze go to the website and look at the other models. the TSX is the "Sport Touring " car.They even race them.
The luxury Models are the TL and RL its obvious. its a non issue.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:56 AM
East Coast Crew

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acura_TSX

If you look at the class. It's considered Entry-level luxury. Stop debating over it.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:01 AM
Pro

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acura_TSX

If you look at the class. It's considered Entry-level luxury. Stop debating over it.
Regardless of the fact that this comment is true, you cited wikipedia, which anyone who has completed college will know that wikipedia is not an acceptable source.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:23 AM
East Coast Crew

Originally Posted by fish008
Regardless of the fact that this comment is true, you cited wikipedia, which anyone who has completed college will know that wikipedia is not an acceptable source.
I know that but it's the only source that anyone uses these days. I'm not writing a college paper so this should be good enough =].

Quick Reply: They hate me on the other side of the boards, haha!