silver Reverse glow gauges

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 12:43 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
silver Reverse glow gauges

Does anyone have a link to where I might be able to find silver Reverse glow gauges for the acura TL2.5 ? I searched the net and find ones for other models of acura but not for the 96 TL
Old 08-21-2006, 12:09 PM
Advanced

I bought mine from procarparts.com

http://www.procarparts.com/store-lis...l=TL&year=1996
Old 08-21-2006, 10:32 PM
Advanced

Was they hard to install?
Old 08-21-2006, 10:38 PM
Advanced

And also , will they last a long time , or do they burn out fast?
Old 08-22-2006, 09:28 AM
Advanced

I put mine in like 8 months ago and they still work great. It wasn't hard, all you really need to do is take out the instrument cluster. With that out, you can pop off the cover and you have access to the gauges. The first time I really screwed it all up because I pulled the needles off and then when I put the new gauge covers on and reinstalled the needles all my gauges were off and weren't reading right. Don't do that. The second time I bought a new instrument cluster and instead of pulling off the needles I just took the screws off and slipped the gauge over the needles. It was tricky, but if you're careful you can do it. Just take it slow and use your head. Also, don't tighten the screws back in too tight, becuase also on my first set I did that and the washers grabbed the plastic on the gauges and left marks. (In case you didn't notice I'm kind of an idiot sometimes.) Just to make sure you know, these are overlays. So you don't take the old ones off, you just place these over the old ones. Good luck, post if you have any more questions.
Old 08-22-2006, 10:31 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeffman
I put mine in like 8 months ago and they still work great. It wasn't hard, all you really need to do is take out the instrument cluster. With that out, you can pop off the cover and you have access to the gauges. The first time I really screwed it all up because I pulled the needles off and then when I put the new gauge covers on and reinstalled the needles all my gauges were off and weren't reading right. Don't do that. The second time I bought a new instrument cluster and instead of pulling off the needles I just took the screws off and slipped the gauge over the needles. It was tricky, but if you're careful you can do it. Just take it slow and use your head. Also, don't tighten the screws back in too tight, becuase also on my first set I did that and the washers grabbed the plastic on the gauges and left marks. (In case you didn't notice I'm kind of an idiot sometimes.) Just to make sure you know, these are overlays. So you don't take the old ones off, you just place these over the old ones. Good luck, post if you have any more questions.
great writeup.. there is a DIY on how to remove your dash if you search also... i have had my gauges in for 3 years now and no probs... (knock on wood)
Old 08-22-2006, 10:15 PM
Advanced

kewl , thanks so much for the replys ;o) , sounds easy .
Old 08-26-2006, 08:05 AM
Pro

i bought 2 different sets of these from procarparts.com and both didnt work! when i sent them back to get a refund, it took almost 5 months to get it! i called once a day for 5 months! it cost me more a my cell than it was worth. finally i got a hold of my credit card company and they had to put a claim on them! there the crappiest company ever IMO. 5 months to refund? screw pcp
Old 08-31-2006, 09:41 PM
Advanced

Installed the gauges , made it 100 % Nice looking .They was very easy to install and had my mechanic hook them into the dimmer switch , so they come on when u turn the headlights on. Thanks jeffman for the web link you provided . ;o)
Old 09-01-2006, 01:24 PM
Pro

i thought hooking it to the dimmer was a big no no
Old 09-01-2006, 03:18 PM
ACUREVER!!!!

I think this one is same with the procarparts but way cheaper. Hope this one will be helpful. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/i205-...spagenameZWDVW
Old 09-02-2006, 11:25 AM
Advanced

Did I make a misstake having my mechanic hook the wires into the dimmer wires ?
Old 09-03-2006, 08:03 AM
Pro

i was always told that was BAD BAD BAD! do a search on here, this is def the place i heard it. if i were you, id just hook them to the parking light wire.

heres what someone said a while ago

I recommend Profesional Installation!!! Then you'll have someone to blame...lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lol... ok... i put them in... i got the pictures... but i didn't connect the wires so they don't light up yet... i wan't to find out what wire is the one to connect to the select lever that turnes the parking lights and head lights on so that when i turn the headlight on the gauges go on and when i turn them off the gauges turn off... anyone know what wire i could connect this to??? I was thinking of getting direct connection from the battery and installing an on and off switch... Instructions say not to connect to dimmer switch because it might burn out the gauges... oh and like the title says on this thread... I Also F'd up my gauges... not the glow gauges but my RPM, MPH and Fuel Gauge... lol... it sucks... the temp gauge is fine i just need to put the needle back correctly... YES, THE NEEDLES CAN BE TAKEN OFF!!! i took mine off... then put them on... but when i tried to take my fuel needle off again... it broke... so be carefull if you are doing it yourself... now i need to get the little thing/motor for the fuel gauge... Sunday 10/3/04 i start my week vacation so i can drive the car w/o knowing what speed i'm going, how much fuel i have so i can go to the dealer Monday 10/4/04 to see what i can buy to fix these problems... also... my SRS light is on the dash... i'm affraid my air bags might deploy and knock me out while i'm driving... so that fear sucks... i'm going to have to ask the dealership to check the airbags... well i guess I'm not going to The Lowrider Super Show 10/10/04... ... i'll post the pics next week... sorry for the wait guys... Also, that little box under the stereo that all of you thought was the "stock boss amp" its not... its the SRS unit... i think its for your airbags... ... ...
Old 09-03-2006, 11:13 AM
Advanced

When My mechanic hooked them up to the dimmer , there was 3 wires running to it . We hooked into the one that sends power to the dimmer when the parking lights are turned on . We did not hook into the one that accutally does the dimming ( restricts power ) . Should it be ok?