Ripped off and Taken advantage of - Viper Alarm Install

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 02:58 AM
95 Acura TL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Ripped off and Taken advantage of - Viper Alarm Install

So this is what happened. As you can read in my earlier thread (https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160613) I was very excited to have my old viper alarm put back into my new TL. I paid $380 for the install and was told I would have the alarm with dual radar sensor, remote start, trunk pop, and LED installed in my choice spot. After a days worth of work I came back and they handed me the keys and said they did a good job and they hope to see me again. After inspecting the work I found out there was no remote start. The guy said they couldn't do it because my alarm is an older model. It says in the book I can so they are lieing. And for the Radar sensor I paid for that they said was installed under the center conssole, was later found by me tucked up under the dash unmounted and loose in a jumble of wires. They said they could not refund any of the money(i asked for half) and gave me a credit for $59 after I realized they didn't even use the module they had me buy. I feel like I really was taken advantage of and I also feel like I was bullied when questioning my satisfaction. Oh and the LED was placed poorly not in my desired location and the antenna was not put in the correct place up top the center windshield rather then the bottom. I am going in to talk to the manager at a differen't store and I'm gonna tell them that I'm putting a hold on the transaction with my credit card company untill you poeple work with me. After that, if there is no luck, should I contact Better Business Bureau and tell my credit card company that I did not receive service that was initially agreed on? Another thing is, is that there has been rumors in my town of Tucson of Retaliatory Vandalisem and unfortunatley they have my address. SO basically I have to be quiet and get taken advantage of, or speak up and have a bunch of hoodlums that run the place come strip my car. Everyones thoughts and realistic opinions on the matter would be gladly appreciated. Thanks for hearing me vent. -Nick
Old 06-09-2007, 03:19 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
try another store, but continue to bitch at the manager at the store you got it installed at. If it doesn't work, try the BBB and/or take it to small claims court.
Old 06-09-2007, 03:56 AM
95 Acura TL

Can you tell me a little bit more about small claims court? Thanks man.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:48 AM
大日本帝国

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
Basically, they violated the verbal contract they had with you by not installing the system correctly. You can sue them in small claims court (or go to an arbitrator) since the total amount is under $5000. What will happen is that a judge or arbitrator will look over the evidence and pass summary judgement. You may be awarded monetary compensation for the trouble you've gone through. I'm sorry that you had to go through that much. BTW, remote start is ALWAYS an option since DEi has a separate module for it. When I was given a Matrix RSX 10.5, it didn't have it built-in, but was an optional add-on.

~Cheers~

P.S. $380 is a bit aways from $300 as you said in the other thread.
Old 06-09-2007, 07:14 AM
Khmer Pride

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
take pictures of what they did too. just for proof
Old 06-09-2007, 11:54 AM
95 Acura TL

Ya they charged for shop supplys and the newer module which totalled the extra $80. I might have to take it to small claims court cause this is ridiculous and I can't let them just take advantage of me but it seems so little to go to court. What would you all do? Going ot speak with the manager at the other store now. Will keep you all posted. Thanks
Old 06-09-2007, 04:47 PM
大日本帝国

^? Shop supplies? What you had to buy them a new water bottle for the cooler? Some pens? Maybe a notepad or two? That's ridiculous! Wire caps and butt connectors are all part of having an alarm installation business and you shouldn't have to be charged separately for it. About that retaliatory vandalism thing, what kind of people run this shop? Shady looking? Maybe thug-like? If so, it makes me wonder why you even went there to begin with...

You've got plenty to go on in court, don't think otherwise. Have the other shop look at the install job and make notes on how shoddy the work was. Use those notes as evidence in court. Make sure that you have ALL your receipts, especially the one where they forced you to pay the extra $59 for a module they didn't even use on your car. Good luck.

~Cheers~
Old 06-09-2007, 05:33 PM
Instructor

Call your CC company and put the stop to that transaction... Then go up to the place you had it done at and check out some of the guys cars. Get the tags and general description a car of someone who works their , preferably the manager... If something happens to your car.. I think you know what to do...
Old 06-09-2007, 06:24 PM
95 Acura TL

Well I spoke to the Vice President of the company at the OTHER store and this was a proffesional business man that sympathized with me and got me in right on the spot and had everything reinstalled very nicely. Unfortunatley I guess I went to the wrong store location, and yes they are thug like and are known for retaliatory violence. I'm going in on monday to discuss further solutions to the customer service i received. I think this Vice president is going to give me new speakers and A Gift Card. The name of this shop is Audio Express and is a chain store. I was taken care of pretty nicely am pretty content with the solution but i do appreciate everyones feedback. I better delete this thread, it doesn't make me look like a very good buyer now does it!
Old 06-09-2007, 07:24 PM
大日本帝国

^ Absolutely not! It makes you look like someone who actually cares enough to do something when they get ripped off. There was a shop here in SF where they would install a sound system in your car, only to come steal it back a few weeks later. Needless to say that shop had to be sold, but the stigma is still there. Business for the new owners kinda sucks thanks to what the previous owners had done. More power to you, m8.

~Cheers~
Old 06-16-2007, 12:10 AM
Racer

$380 to install an old Viper!
For that price, I know a place where you can get a brand new one installed, and also get a blow job plus a cocktail in the back while you wait.

Seriously, it was a ripped off.
Good luck man.
Old 06-30-2007, 08:23 PM
A generally loveable guy

Originally Posted by Ysidro
$380 to install an old Viper!
For that price, I know a place where you can get a brand new one installed, and also get a blow job plus a cocktail in the back while you wait.

Seriously, it was a ripped off.
Good luck man.

Tell me where this place is
Old 06-30-2007, 08:40 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
Careful- poster didnt specify who/what gives you the blowjob!!!!

As long as the other shop took care of everything and you are happy- avoid the hassle of small claims court and be more aware of who touches your car!
Old 07-11-2007, 06:24 PM
95 Acura TL

Thanks guys. This thread can all be deleted now!
Old 07-11-2007, 07:20 PM
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
This is exactly one of the many reasons I do my own work.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:30 PM
No He Can't

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Shouldn't be deleted at all, if anything

People in the future might find some help from this thread and it should be kept alive!

Glad to hear everything worked out and the other store took care of you
I hope the VP did something about the people from the other location and the kind of work that was going on there.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:09 AM
95 Acura TL

Thanks Guys