Remove side trim?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005 | 02:35 PM
Registered Driver

Remove side trim?

I was looking around the other day, and noticed a lot of cars without the side trim/bump guard or wahtever it is called. How do you think it would look if ours was removed, and the empty space filled/painted?

I sorta wish our front markers were flush mounted too...

I'm sure someone here can see where I'm going
Old 11-17-2005 | 08:53 PM
Registered Driver

C'mon, no one? Someone has to have an oppinion of how it would look without it.
Old 11-17-2005 | 09:03 PM
Burning Brakes

I think It would look crappy without it, however, I was considering removing mine and getting some with the chrome trim (like the RL's) ... now that would look pimp
Old 11-17-2005 | 09:51 PM
TL no more!

I prefer the body colored trim that comes with our cars.

The trims are held on by clips so you may have to to get the holes filled and repainted, which you have already mentioned. Also, there will be an indention where the old trims were there. But then again, I'm sure the body shop will smooth it out since you would have it filled and repainted anyway.

Oh man...I remember when I had my Explorer, the trims were only stick-ons. I took it off for a while and it looked great since the trims were more of an afterthought. I put them back on before selling it and I don't know... I liked it with the trims on too. Oh well....it's a matter of personal taste.
Old 11-17-2005 | 09:54 PM
Registered Driver

Originally Posted by WolfpackBill
I prefer the body colored trim that comes with our cars.

The trims are held on by clips so you may have to to get the holes filled and repainted, which you have already mentioned. Also, there will be an indention where the old trims were there. But then again, I'm sure the body shop will smooth it out since you would have it filled and repainted anyway.

Oh man...I remember when I had my Explorer, the trims were only stick-ons. I took it off for a while and it looked great since the trims were more of an afterthought. I put them back on before selling it and I don't know... I liked it with the trims on too. Oh well....it's a matter of personal taste.
I'm going to school for Auto Body Technology

To me they just don't seem to flow, they seem just stuck onto the sides, unlike the RL where the chrome accented trim flows all the way around, I think it pulls it together better.
Old 11-17-2005 | 10:06 PM
woord to ya mother

took the trim off. i dont like it imo
Old 11-17-2005 | 10:11 PM
Registered Driver

It makes the sides see a bit taller it looks like, I do sorta like it though, but I'll probably never end up doing it, just had it as a thought.

Maybe I just need to clean mine up (they look like hell, along with everything else, god damned HS parking lot)

Get clear corners

Do you know anyone in RI that will pass a car for inspection with tints?
Old 11-17-2005 | 10:13 PM
woord to ya mother

i dont. i have a friend that gets his printed up but he has connec's all over RI cuz his parents are cops. idk man, i really want tints but dont feel like ripping them off every 2 years. if you find a place, let me know
Old 11-17-2005 | 10:22 PM
Registered Driver

Originally Posted by hinesktchp
i dont. i have a friend that gets his printed up but he has connec's all over RI cuz his parents are cops. idk man, i really want tints but dont feel like ripping them off every 2 years. if you find a place, let me know
Does your friend know anyone or nah? That would be effing awesome if he did, hell, I'd pay extra to have it pass with tints, as long as it was cheaper than retinting. See if you can ask and let me know.
Old 11-17-2005 | 10:30 PM
woord to ya mother

next time i see him ill check. im curious too
Old 11-17-2005 | 10:51 PM
Safety Car

if you take off the side trim, there will be an indention. unless you fill it up like that one person above.
Old 11-18-2005 | 05:53 AM
Racer

My old civic,I had my side trims and rear door handles shave so the graphics could go on easier...but it was a bitch sanding,filling,sanding,filling....and still we can see the waves of flaws.But the graphics covered it.If ya gonna go with the Eurolook,them maybe okay,shaved and smooth like a .............If not,maybe better to leave alone.In Japan,shaved looks are out...Only hard core show cars.BY the way,check out www.artfactory-inc.com on the first page,youll see a purple civic with japanese graphics and white rims...click on it. Its my car...sold it few weeks ago though.
Old 11-18-2005 | 05:54 AM
Registered Driver

The person above just did a photoshop of it, and I already considered the fact that there would be an indentation.