quick update on 3.2 grille and custom fenderflares*pixs*

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 01:02 AM
First Gen 3.2 TL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking quick update on 3.2 grille and custom fenderflares*pixs*

ok.. i had some time today to take some photos.. here are some photos of the 3.2tl grille(primered) as well as the mesh(raw, non-finished) that is included with the grille for both cars.. Also, there are a few pixs of the fender flares which i decided to scrap. no more fender flares for me... got a little suprise to show you guys, hopfully in a couple of weeks..

Old 01-16-2005, 01:16 AM
Hurricane Game

uhhhh....schaweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.
Old 01-16-2005, 12:22 PM
Racer

MAN you never stop amazing me man...awesome job.
Old 01-16-2005, 09:51 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
good stuff nice job but not my cup of tea.. maybe ill like it when im done..
Old 01-16-2005, 10:40 PM
Reppin' the T-Dot!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Sweet man, I still prefer the Erebuni big fat ass rear end but the front clip you did is sweet!!! Side skirts and grill are nice too. I think those fender flares would have worked well, let us put some deeper dish rims. Have to do a widebody kit when everything else is done on my ride...motor work first for me.
Old 01-17-2005, 10:54 AM
Racer

dude thats phat shit! is that going to be on sale too? thae side finders. thats hot dame thats hot let us know when its ready to sell, dame that hot...
Old 01-17-2005, 11:05 AM
Reppin' the T-Dot!!

OK, yo man, JUST noticed the wing on the trunk. . . . IThat is just about perfect, where do I get one!? Is that from you guys or did you get it somewhere else!?!?!? PLEASE tell me!!!
Old 01-17-2005, 12:14 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Cornflake
OK, yo man, JUST noticed the wing on the trunk. . . . IThat is just about perfect, where do I get one!? Is that from you guys or did you get it somewhere else!?!?!? PLEASE tell me!!!
cornflake everything u see is custom by tlxracer every thing u see will be on sale soon by tlxracer, the wing , side , front , and back, eyelide too. dude where have u been?
Old 01-17-2005, 01:19 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Nice

Can't wait to see the final result
Old 01-17-2005, 03:03 PM
Reppin' the T-Dot!!

Originally Posted by longeye23s
cornflake everything u see is custom by tlxracer every thing u see will be on sale soon by tlxracer, the wing , side , front , and back, eyelide too. dude where have u been?
LOL I KNOW that, i just wasn't sure about the wing, that's all. I am gonna be getting the front lip and that wing for sure. If I go full kit, I have to get the eribuni rear, it's just too big and fat not to want !! LOL (If that makes sense!?)
Old 01-17-2005, 03:47 PM
'97 2.5TL Premium

If only i have the money
Old 01-17-2005, 04:11 PM
Racer

hey cronflakle i feel on that one man i like that back end
Old 01-17-2005, 11:20 PM
Pro

nice tlx... very nice... cant wait too hook up my ride.... im gonna hook up with this other guy in LA that did a kit for his ride, really nice and has some ideas as well.. man i want to hook up my car, need to be able to park it in the driveway though before it gets jacked from some parking lot once that kit is on.... LOL
Old 01-18-2005, 08:00 AM
Racer

that sucks to wannna hook up ur ride and worry about la jacking up ur ride..
ur guys think that the eribuni rear looks good? it looks funny too me but that just what i think, if u like u like. but i do like eribuni side skirts, i think tlxracer kit its off the hook and im sticking to it, plus theres no other who makes kits for our ride, theres tlxracer right, theres eribuni, and that all right? oh there is jtautostlye but that front looks like a frog too sporty.
Old 01-18-2005, 08:06 AM
Reppin' the T-Dot!!

yeah dude, I LOVE the Eribuni ass end. But I LOVE the inspired front end, grill and wing!!!! Side skirts, I'm not completely sold on. Bottom line, the whole kit looks DAMNED good, I'm just SUPER picky.
Old 01-18-2005, 08:56 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Cornflake
yeah dude, I LOVE the Eribuni ass end. But I LOVE the inspired front end, grill and wing!!!! Side skirts, I'm not completely sold on. Bottom line, the whole kit looks DAMNED good, I'm just SUPER picky.

i dont blame u, im picky my self, what color is ur ride and set some pics whan ur done, i do the same im just waiting on that kit before i show any pics
Old 01-18-2005, 10:02 AM
Reppin' the T-Dot!!

Pics are up at http:www/cardomain.com/id/cornflake_cwl car now has clear bumper lights though, just haven't taken new pics of it for a while. I will have tonnes once the new motor is installed though, that's for sure!!!
Old 01-18-2005, 02:03 PM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

mix and match i wouldn't do it... but thats just my opinion... for sure i'm thinking of TLxRaCeR's kit... i'm still debateing with myself if i like the wing or not though... w/o the spoiler the car looks a lot more cleaner and sleek... but with the wing... i don't know if it really takes from that, makes it sportier... or is it just me... might go with the OEM spoiler... either way... i have to get the full kit... can't wait till my car is fixed... and for this kit to be out...

Its looking great man... keep it up... the fenderflares are pretty cool... IMO Wide Body kit would look Awsome though... any chances of that...??? again... keep up the good work... can't wait till it comes out...
Old 01-18-2005, 03:19 PM
Reppin' the T-Dot!!

Normally Spook, I'd agree, but TLXRacer's front clip is nice and clean, and similar in style to the Erebuni REAR clip I think. It's just the lines on the sides I don't like really, I just prefer a more rounded look without the accent lines. Like as if you were to blow up the factory rocker panels and make them a little bullkier, you know? That's all, just my personal preference. I want to put something like that together for mine. BUT AS I SAID BEFORE...The Inspired kit IS STILL SWEET looking!!!! :P
Old 01-18-2005, 03:19 PM
Reppin' the T-Dot!!

And fender flares would DEFINATELY look sick!!! LOVE the widebody....would lend to some deeper dish rims too....
Old 01-18-2005, 03:41 PM
-glock security-

those rims are off the hook
that spoiler is off the hook

the kit is pretty nice. not insect looking-ya know?

the grill and eyebrows though are not my style. i have my grill now and it is flushed and i dont think i would like the recessed look of that grill. i may be ab;e to grow on it.
the eyebrows on the other hand are def. the big negative from me. i mean hey they do make the car look different, but it makes the 3.2TL loook like the legend headlights. they really look similar with the eyebrows. i like everything else. definately
Old 01-18-2005, 04:48 PM
Racer

i like the whole wide body look i think it makes the car looks diffrent but clean. there not alot off showoff tls out there. i like tlxracer style alot i think after putting his kit im going to do the flarefinder too, im not trying to be a copycat cause i have my own style but that is sweet to me.
Old 01-18-2005, 06:08 PM
First Gen 3.2 TL

ok.. i changed my mind again... the secret i was going to show you guys in a few weeks was going to be an all metal widebody, but now i am going to pursue the fender flares once again... i've been getting emails requesting if we were going to make the fender flares for the public... i need info... how many of you guys would be interested in the fender flares if i was to sell them for around $320-400? mind you, they will be made from fiberglass and not polyurethane.. if i can get at least ten people to pre-order them, i will make them into production.. since the fender flares are not completely designed, you guys only have a rough idea on how the fender flares will look.. i'll be working on the flares and post the progress on them as soon as i can..
Old 01-18-2005, 06:23 PM
Racer

u can count me in, how much u need to pre-order the flare fender? will u be selling every thing as a set? like u where doing in ur web sit. and would u be making the flare fender go over the lip kit? cause i think that looks hot..
Old 01-18-2005, 06:39 PM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

Originally Posted by TLxRaCeR
ok.. i changed my mind again... the secret i was going to show you guys in a few weeks was going to be an all metal widebody, but now i am going to pursue the fender flares once again... i've been getting emails requesting if we were going to make the fender flares for the public... i need info... how many of you guys would be interested in the fender flares if i was to sell them for around $320-400? mind you, they will be made from fiberglass and not polyurethane.. if i can get at least ten people to pre-order them, i will make them into production.. since the fender flares are not completely designed, you guys only have a rough idea on how the fender flares will look.. i'll be working on the flares and post the progress on them as soon as i can..
you can count on me... but first thing first... my suspension... once i get that down then i'll be able to get you the 3 to 4 bills you need to pre-order... depends if my Insurance is going to hook me up with a new redone suspension from the stealership... or are they going to take an estimate of it and give me a check ... either way... i'm more into the all metal widebody... but getting the flares in the mean time would be awsome... will they come out with the kit??? or will they be out later then the kit???

Besides... the flares would be cool... since i need new rims... meaning more space w/o it looking ghetto...
Old 01-18-2005, 07:09 PM
Racer

what ur guys mean about metal widebody?
Old 01-19-2005, 10:11 AM
Cruisin'

Count Me In For The Hole Kit
Old 01-19-2005, 06:20 PM
giggity giggity giggity

Just curious and I know you probably said it before, but my computer is too slow to search..how much is the whole kit going to run?
Old 01-19-2005, 07:12 PM
Registered Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
http://www.inspiredmotorsports.com/Vehicles/952tl.htm

95-98 2.5 TL - INSPIRED PLUS - FULL 8 PEICE KIT $1595.00
Old 01-20-2005, 02:54 AM
Pro

All i can say is that there is no one out there (except erebuni) that has taken the time nor MONEY to invest in a project like this which CAN be a money looser, for that I commend TLX. As soon as I get some cash together, and the Acura off the grips of the wife I am planning on installing the kit as well as raising the car... Fender flares not really sure cause I am not in the market for new rims, I was just planning on re-chroming mine. But once I go to my buddies shop and he tells me something that Id like to hear about rims, its a possibility. All I know is that once these cars start getting the KIT on and My car gets debadged, people are going to be like OOOHH SHITT .. what is that????
Old 01-21-2005, 09:03 AM
Racer

jtautostlye.com has a body kit too but it looks too racey for it style, it looks like the evo, well it is the evo.. it kinda looks like a frog check it out and see what i mean...
Old 01-21-2005, 09:56 AM
Reppin' the T-Dot!!

See now I like those sideskirts!! (The rest is damned fugly as far as I'm concerned!! I don't like wide mouth's on CIVIC's or 'TEG's nevermind on a 1st gen TL) I think the ultimate package would be Erebuni rear, Inspired grill, front clip and wing and the JT sides.... Just my personal pref, thats all. I actually think it would look good together too, it would all match nicely.

Just my usual
Old 01-21-2005, 02:06 PM
-glock security-

here is the magic question

is this kit a simple bolt on or does it has to be moulded or shaped or trimmed, etc.

i mean is it easly like the wings west kit for my old 91 crx (circa '99) that fucker used all the stock mounts everything.

i am curious to know
Old 01-21-2005, 08:21 PM
First Gen 3.2 TL

Originally Posted by longeye23s
what ur guys mean about metal widebody?
a metal wide body is: basically you cut out your fenders/ rear quarter panels/ rear doors, extend the cut peices, and weld on sheet metal to create a "widebody"
Old 01-21-2005, 08:28 PM
First Gen 3.2 TL

Originally Posted by jerseydriver
here is the magic question

is this kit a simple bolt on or does it has to be moulded or shaped or trimmed, etc.

i mean is it easly like the wings west kit for my old 91 crx (circa '99) that fucker used all the stock mounts everything.

i am curious to know
the kit is very simple to install if you know how to use a drill/screw driver.. the kit is installed with double sided tape and tap screws. the double sided tape is already taped on the parts so all you have to do is peel and tape accordingly.. tap screws also provided with the kit as well as an illustration on where to tap in the screws..
Old 01-21-2005, 08:39 PM
First Gen 3.2 TL

regarding shipping:

shipping will be on average from 150-200.. all our kits are shipped through freight companies due to the sizes of the boxes. the best i can offer is to combine shipping up to 2, maybe 3 kits to one location. i recommend the guys interested in our products to find others in your area to save on the cost of shipping. We do not make money off the shipping so i'm just offering this to help save people on shipping..
Old 01-22-2005, 07:13 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the kit is very simple to install if you know how to use a drill/screw driver.. the kit is installed with double sided tape and tap screws. the double sided tape is already taped on the parts so all you have to do is peel and tape accordingly.. tap screws also provided with the kit as well as an illustration on where to tap in the screws..
Please correct me if i'm wrong - so you'd have to drill holes in your bumper etc. right?

Which means that if u wanted to take the kit off u'd have holes in the front and rear bumpers and sideskirts.
Old 01-22-2005, 07:53 AM
Racer

i belive that the holes for the screw behind/on the side of the fenders if u look now theres holes already.
Old 01-22-2005, 08:01 AM
Racer

a metal wide body is: basically you cut out your fenders/ rear quarter panels/ rear doors, extend the cut peices, and weld on sheet metal to create a "widebody"
i dont think i like that ideal of cutting, i think i stick with just add on. i like the flare fenders with that body kit just the way it is, just add on mold and blend then paint, i dont like cutting plus too much money, but i still like to see ur finish project..
Old 01-22-2005, 10:17 AM
Racer

one quation tlxracer, what kind of suspension do u use on ur tl and how many inches did u drop u ride? thanx.

Quick Reply: quick update on 3.2 grille and custom fenderflares*pixs*