Personalized License Plates...

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2001 | 09:40 PM
Pro

Personalized License Plates...

Hey guys....wondering if you guys came across any cool personalized license plates or if you yourself has a personalized license plate that has to do with our cars??

I found a couple here in VA: 2KTL and Acura TL

I was thinking about: INSPIRE or NSPIRE or SABER but it was already taken in VA.......i wonder who?????? I myself have INSPYRE, waiting for the plate to come hehehehe what do you guys think? my second choice was going to be H NSPIRE
Old 11-13-2001 | 12:49 AM
Three Wheelin'

Re: Personalized License Plates...

Originally posted by Acurasnake
Hey guys....wondering if you guys came across any cool personalized license plates or if you yourself has a personalized license plate that has to do with our cars??

I found a couple here in VA: 2KTL and Acura TL

I was thinking about: INSPIRE or NSPIRE or SABER but it was already taken in VA.......i wonder who?????? I myself have INSPYRE, waiting for the plate to come hehehehe what do you guys think? my second choice was going to be H NSPIRE
i hate to be the bearer of bad news but YOUR CAR IS NOT AN INSPIRE OR SABER!!!! dont try to make your car out to be something that it is not...you'll look like those ricers that try to make their civics into race cars.
Old 11-13-2001 | 01:59 AM
Instructor

I'm getting "FAH-Q"!!!!
Old 11-13-2001 | 06:45 PM
Pro

DFUNKMASTER..that's a good one!

Inpsires and TLs are the same car but with a different name, one is catered to the US specs and the other to the Japanese. Also, it's a thing called "marketing strategy"......Acura is a upscale division of Honda and if you think about it.....mostly all the luxury automobile lines have a alphanumeric name. ex. the BMW 3 series, Lexus IS 300, Mercedes C class, Infinite Q45, etc. The big wigs at Acura want to do the same thing, so they change the name for the US market. Look at Lexus.......Altezza = IS 300, and the Soarers = ES 300.....In Japan, all the lexus automobiles have names not alphanumeric names! WHAT? the Altezza isn't the IS 300?? It's all the same cars but with a different name. I mean do you see a significant change other than the steering wheel on the other side? <---but that's just catering to the japanese specs(driving on the other side). Oh wow.....they have a clear bottom in their taillights and have side markers oh and don't forget they have an H!!!!. BIG DEAL it's the same body style and the same manufacturer...HONDA!! geeez... i can understand it you try to put an acura sign on a ford....now that'making your car what it's really not ......

conclusion: Inspires = TLs :P
Old 11-13-2001 | 07:03 PM
Three Wheelin'

i understand what youre saying but we are not in Japan so hence, my car is NOT an inspire/sabre. it is a TL and i think you should advertise it that way if you choose to advertise it.
Old 11-13-2001 | 07:33 PM
Pro

i myself am not a huge fan of the personalized plates. although i did read once that people with personalized plates get ripped off more often than others.
Old 11-13-2001 | 07:57 PM

Thumbs down A little picky TLover?

I actually think that Acurasnake is right...well--after all the TL and Inspire ARE the same car...unless you bought it for the name. In any case--you have to have been dropped as a baby if you don't respect the car for what it is, thats the performance, and the look. It's not about the name. And as for my personalized licence plate, it's PEN15 Happy Birthday, America!
Old 11-15-2001 | 01:12 PM
Racer

Re: A little picky TLover?

Originally posted by Flare2k1
I actually think that Acurasnake is right...well--after all the TL and Inspire ARE the same car...unless you bought it for the name. In any case--you have to have been dropped as a baby if you don't respect the car for what it is, thats the performance, and the look. It's not about the name. And as for my personalized licence plate, it's PEN15 Happy Birthday, America!
LOL!!! Nice! I'm'a tell my friend about that, he'll get it fo sho!

Craig