Off topic : Speeding tickets

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2002, 03:32 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Off topic : Speeding tickets

hi guys i got a speeding ticket tonight. some damn 2nd gen red altima se got in front of me and wouldnt let me pass him i kept switching lanes and he did also so i hit the gas switched lanes and got ahead of him i was going 60 in a 35 zone the cop pulled me over and he didnt care wut happend so i got the ticket but he screwed up my year of birth on the ticket. he put 80 instead of 83 so i was wondering if i can beat it with this mistake.
thanks guys

Danny

1996 Acura 2.5 TL
Factory Spolier
Xenon Bulbs
Sunroof Deflector
Old 03-20-2002, 09:05 AM
Racer

Re: Off topic : Speeding tickets

Originally posted by titanxboss
i was wondering if i can beat it with this mistake.
thanks guys
Normally any mistake on the ticket, and it can be dismissed. But the laws where I live might be diff. than the laws where you live????
Old 03-20-2002, 12:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
well if u go to the judge and say that there is a mistake on ur ticket and he asks what it is... u say that u were really going 83 instead of 80... he will prob laugh in ur face cause the cop was trying to help u a little by putting down a less mph... if he put a higher than actual mileage on ur ticket then i think u could have gotten that taken care of with the docs from the radar.. but hey man i don't think u can win that mistake thing in court.. but good luck neways.. i feel for all my felow TL drivers who get d!cked over by damn nissans..
Old 03-20-2002, 01:40 PM
Three Wheelin'

hes saying that they messed up his year of birth not how fast he was going
Old 03-20-2002, 05:44 PM
Instructor

to my understanding ..any mistake on the ticket means the charge is nullified
Old 03-20-2002, 05:53 PM
Racer

thanks guys i apprecate the help any other insights are greatly apprecated
Old 03-20-2002, 09:24 PM
Banned

ticket

Ya I think if theres any mistake on the ticket what soever, they dismiss it.
Old 04-08-2002, 08:02 AM
Advanced

Is it true that the ticket becomes void if there are any errors in it??? Even if the error is something as simple as your age?

I just got a ticket 3 days ago, and it's really pissing me off. I was going at 75mph when a maxima started to tailgate me. I kept switching lanes, but the maxima wouldn't stop. so i sped up and i cut in fron of a green car, that way i could use the green car as a barrier from the maxima. By then i was going at 85mph. Next thing i know i see a white car behind me speeding up to me and starts to tailgate me. Obviously i speed up again, but then this car turned out to be a Highway Patrol car. He told me over his speakers to keep speeding up and when i slowed down he got pissed off and kept yelling at me to speed up. WTH? this cop was trying to get me over 100mph so he could arrest me? I don't know what to do...

My ticket says: 22349 (a) VC - exceeding 65mph while passing CHP.

First of all, we all pay mad insurance money for our TLs. I can't afford to pay for the TL and a higher insurance rate.

Second of all, this cop estimated my speed by looking at his speedometer and he kept tailgating me, causing me to go faster.

Should i fight this??? Or just take it up the @$$??? ARGH!!!
Old 04-08-2002, 08:53 AM
Banned

Re: Re: Off topic : Speeding tickets

Originally posted by neokinetiks_00

Normally any mistake on the ticket, and it can be dismissed. But the laws where I live might be diff. than the laws where you live????
Correct. Each state/country has its own rules. Here in MA, if there is what the court calls a "procedural error" on a citation (such as writing down the wrong law chapter and section), it will not automatically void the citation. However, most identifying infomation needs to be correct, especially name and date of birth. The only identifying characteristics that can be incorrect and not void a citation are race and sex, since that is usually a subjective observation made by the officer (they don't always ask you what race and sex you are).
Old 04-08-2002, 11:08 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by DrunkenMaster
Is it true that the ticket becomes void if there are any errors in it??? Even if the error is something as simple as your age?

I just got a ticket 3 days ago, and it's really pissing me off. I was going at 75mph when a maxima started to tailgate me. I kept switching lanes, but the maxima wouldn't stop. so i sped up and i cut in fron of a green car, that way i could use the green car as a barrier from the maxima. By then i was going at 85mph. Next thing i know i see a white car behind me speeding up to me and starts to tailgate me. Obviously i speed up again, but then this car turned out to be a Highway Patrol car. He told me over his speakers to keep speeding up and when i slowed down he got pissed off and kept yelling at me to speed up. WTH? this cop was trying to get me over 100mph so he could arrest me? I don't know what to do...

My ticket says: 22349 (a) VC - exceeding 65mph while passing CHP.

First of all, we all pay mad insurance money for our TLs. I can't afford to pay for the TL and a higher insurance rate.

Second of all, this cop estimated my speed by looking at his speedometer and he kept tailgating me, causing me to go faster.

Should i fight this??? Or just take it up the @$$??? ARGH!!!

Hey Drunkendude,

Having errors on the ticket doesn't throw out the ticket or void it . I've had tickets with misspelled names to wrong citation codes.

Having an incorrect citation codes is a mess, it's worse than a ticket in my book.

Since you live in California where there's no limit on how many times one can attend driving school. That might be a good option to take if you want to avoid points.

The other is to contest the ticket however if you fight the ticket, try to contest it right before the 30 days. The officer gets notification when you contest and if he forgets what happened the judge rules your way.

If the officer is a no show and the judge asks you if you have anything to say. SAY Nothing. Dont say you got a ticket for 85 and you really went 80. I've seen guys found guilty for the new speed after they've won when the officer is a no show.

Also if you think you've lost your case, ask the judge to "WITHHOLD JUDIFICATION". Meaning they withheld judement against you so no points are assessed however you pay the Ticket and Court Cost. Say this before his ruling IF you think you've lost.

Mola