No Hot Air

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2006, 02:51 PM
Htown slab rider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No Hot Air

For some reason guys, I have virtually no hot air, recently did a coolant flush and for some reason when i did that my tail pipe started smoking but since its cold you really cant differentiate bad from good, the auto-off remedy to view the error doesnt do anything on my first gen for some reason, since i just changed the coolant that rules that out and every once in a while the abs light will cut on and later on it cuts off and my touchscreen cuts off but the music keeps going, my guess is maybe i need a new battery because i have alot in the car that didnt come with it...please somebody let me know something PLEASE
Old 12-25-2006, 03:13 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

Okay.. what? There is no way anyone here is going to understand what that says. If you need help, you're going to have to tell us your problems in a way that we can understand.
Old 12-25-2006, 06:21 PM
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 123 Posts
Originally Posted by teekay3001
For some reason guys, I have virtually no hot air, recently did a coolant flush and for some reason when i did that my tail pipe started smoking but since its cold you really cant differentiate bad from good, the auto-off remedy to view the error doesnt do anything on my first gen for some reason, since i just changed the coolant that rules that out and every once in a while the abs light will cut on and later on it cuts off and my touchscreen cuts off but the music keeps going, my guess is maybe i need a new battery because i have alot in the car that didnt come with it...please somebody let me know something PLEASE
Loss of heating after changing coolant is most likely due to failure to completely refill w/ coolant and you have an air pocket stuck in the heater core. Let engine cool and refill radiator very slowly, allow air to bubble out of the engine. Alternatively, w/ cold engine open the bleeder port, add coolant, and allow air to escape until coolant starts to flow out of air bleeder port.

good luck
Old 12-25-2006, 10:08 PM
Instructor

I think he forgot to sleep it off...
Old 12-26-2006, 09:40 AM
Htown slab rider

thanks texas, i'll try to get that done because its getting wayy too cold for me down here in houston, cant imagine living up north somewhere....
Old 01-18-2007, 09:06 AM
Htown slab rider

No heat from the heater

As most of you already know it's cold as hell in the U.S right now and the worst thing is that my damn heater isnt working anymore, it blows quite fine but never gets hot...ever, everyone says it's my heater core or coil, i really dont know the accurate terminology for it but yup bottom line my heat isnt blowing hot, my car is running fine and its starting to piss me off, any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 01-18-2007, 09:25 AM
Skeet Skeet Skeet

since its digital u might wanna check if the module that changes the temperature is actually working....
Old 01-18-2007, 09:37 AM
Htown slab rider

i dont quite understand, because when the ac is on and you change the temp it works quite fine, not the heater tho, it just doesnt get hot
Old 01-18-2007, 11:15 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
got your PM...

did you try the advise that Texas gave you??? that is basically where i would start...

if your can't find the air bleeder port... an alternate method is to jack up the front of the car while you bleed the system... is your car overheating at all???

~threads merged
Old 01-18-2007, 07:56 PM
Drifting

There area couple of likely reasons for no heat w/ a Auto Temp Control system.

1) Heater Solenoid Valve is not working. This valve opens when heat is needed and allows hot/cold air to be created and blended to achieve selected cabin temp. If it's broken, you'll get no hot coolant to heater core and no hot air to blend. There are two hoses that connect to the heater core on the upper firewall. Feel these hoses when engine is fully warm and heating is selected on ATC. If one hose is warm and other cold, then the solenoid is not opening. If both are hot, the hot coolant is being transferred to the heater core and problem is blend door.

2) Blend Door is not opening to allow blower air to pass over the heater core. You'll have to investigate whether fuse, wiring, or more likely the blend door drive motor is the fault. Wiring diagrams and Acura shop manual are necessary.

good luck
Old 01-19-2007, 02:37 AM
Htown slab rider

thanks guys your advice will be put to good use, everyone here says heater core, to replace the heater core is it reasonable for me to pay 150$ to get it done?
Old 01-19-2007, 06:09 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
$150 is VERY reasonable. The person doing this job has to tear apart your dash just to reach it. I've seen 600 to 800 for a heater core job.
Old 01-19-2007, 06:53 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
i would jump on that deal...
Old 01-19-2007, 07:30 AM
Htown slab rider

damn...lol...ok
Old 01-19-2007, 06:26 PM
Drifting

I would suspect he's not removing the heater core, only checking it for blockages and clearing if blocked.

If the car has had coolant replaced regularly, the heater core is unlikely to fail. It can get blocked if you've installed "stop leak" products to seal leaks.

good luck
Old 01-26-2007, 02:36 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TexasHonda
There area couple of likely reasons for no heat w/ a Auto Temp Control system.

1) Heater Solenoid Valve is not working. This valve opens when heat is needed and allows hot/cold air to be created and blended to achieve selected cabin temp. If it's broken, you'll get no hot coolant to heater core and no hot air to blend. There are two hoses that connect to the heater core on the upper firewall. Feel these hoses when engine is fully warm and heating is selected on ATC. If one hose is warm and other cold, then the solenoid is not opening. If both are hot, the hot coolant is being transferred to the heater core and problem is blend door.

2) Blend Door is not opening to allow blower air to pass over the heater core. You'll have to investigate whether fuse, wiring, or more likely the blend door drive motor is the fault. Wiring diagrams and Acura shop manual are necessary.

good luck

I have a similar problem with my 99TL. However, i at least get some warm air. It just doesnt get hot. Until I noticed that when I turn the Temperature Gauge to Full Auto 90 Deg... then the heat starts to kick in. I think this problem has to do with what you listed above as #2. The air mixture motor isnt opening the blend door properly. Its worth a try, but if your absolutely getting no warm air at all.. i'd look at the heater core. Gluck
Old 01-26-2007, 03:15 AM
Advanced

you have air bubbles in the system its a simple fix.

let the car cool down
open your rad cap
coolant level should be near the top if not then your low on coolant.

if your low on coolant:
turn on the car let it run jack the heat up.
fill up the coolant thru the radiator cap.
when it reaches the level just below the cap its good.

now put the rad cap back on.

leave the car running.

loosen up the bleeder screw.
coolant should spray out in a solid stream if not. you have air in the system. let it spray out till its a steady stream of coolant. as soon as you see that steady stream close the bleeder screw.

now let the car cool down a bit
open rad cap
fill up if nececessary. good to go.

if done right your heat will be hotter than you can handle. my heat in my car gets soo hot that the vents are very hot to the touch.

i need that kind of heat where im from.
canadian winters are not forgiving

now excuse me while i go shovel my drive way in -30 degrees celcius weather.
Old 01-26-2007, 08:59 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mtbr64
you have air bubbles in the system its a simple fix.

let the car cool down
open your rad cap
coolant level should be near the top if not then your low on coolant.

if your low on coolant:
turn on the car let it run jack the heat up.
fill up the coolant thru the radiator cap.
when it reaches the level just below the cap its good.

now put the rad cap back on.

leave the car running.

loosen up the bleeder screw.
coolant should spray out in a solid stream if not. you have air in the system. let it spray out till its a steady stream of coolant. as soon as you see that steady stream close the bleeder screw.

now let the car cool down a bit
open rad cap
fill up if nececessary. good to go.

if done right your heat will be hotter than you can handle. my heat in my car gets soo hot that the vents are very hot to the touch.

i need that kind of heat where im from.
canadian winters are not forgiving

now excuse me while i go shovel my drive way in -30 degrees celcius weather.

I dont think I have air bubbles in the system. Wouldnt that cause me to overheat? or at least make the coolant bubble/boil after awhile? Also, do you know where the bleeder screw on the 99TL is located? I just bought the car from my brother so dont know much about it. I'm guessing the bottom passenger side of the radiatior?
Old 01-26-2007, 11:39 AM
Advanced

the bleeder screw is on the the thermostat housing. on the right side of it.
i had the exact same problem as you a couple days ago it was exactly that.