My whole electrical system is fried!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 05:18 PM
Its MY Car & I Love It!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My whole electrical system is fried!!!

Well...maybe not whole...but heres the story. A couple weeks ago, a guy in a truck hit me. I was at a three way stop and the guy was turning right onto the road i was stopped at. Well it was raining outside and this fool was goin a lil too fast so he ran right into my left headlight, he broke that....demolished the fender...and killed the bumper. Well, it was real hard but i eventually found all the parts and took it to this auto body shop to get it repaired.(Yes I did have insurance.) Well, today the car is done so i go to pick it up. And 1st thing i notice is a big ass gap between the bumper and the grill. On top of that...theres a whole lot of bubbles in the paint job(the had to repain 3/4 of the car) I say the shouldve repainted the whole thing...but whatever. I'll post picks of the grill in bumer a lil later. But about the electrical system...I think the relay box that holds the relays for the windshield wipers, headlights, starter, and the cooling fans is fried. The car overheated on the way home. The headlights will not turn on..only the fogs work and they look a lil dimmer than usual. The TCS and the ABS lights come on and off. The engine runs real slow0(I have a 3.2). I think the transmission doesnt even go to the 1st gear anymore. Ive tried starting at D1 from a stoplight and upshifted to D2 and i didnt hear or see or feel(u know our version of TLs shifts real hard from 1st to 2nd) a change in the engine RPM. Im going to take it back to the body shop and demand that they fix it, if not..its going str8 to the dealership and they will fix it, and the body shop will pay for it. But yea....I think that the relays are bad but i dont see how it could go bad. Yall got any ideas? Let me know what yall think.
Old 08-26-2005, 05:24 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

Big problems. Why wasn't the car totalled?
Old 08-26-2005, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by 03CoupeV6
Big problems. Why wasn't the car totalled?
no, the car wasnt totalled. The car ran fine after the accident. Just the bumper was hangin and i would scrape speed bumps and stuff like that. I wish i wouldve took pics of the damage. I never got around to it though. The electrical system was working fine before i handed the car over to the body shop.
Old 08-26-2005, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by DJSlim
no, the car wasnt totalled. The car ran fine after the accident. Just the bumper was hangin and i would scrape speed bumps and stuff like that. I wish i wouldve took pics of the damage. I never got around to it though. The electrical system was working fine before i handed the car over to the body shop.
aight heres the pics. they on my yahoo photo album. The one of the wipers are showin no matter how much i turn the wipers on and off...thats where they stop at. the other pic explains itself.
Old 08-26-2005, 06:50 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sounds like the shop messed up more than they fixed, I would notify the Insurance company and file a claim to see if they can have an alternate location fix the car... I hate how one little problem stems into 50 billion others. Best luck to you getting it fixed bro, nothing I hate more than car troubles!
Old 08-29-2005, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by ljmushock
Sounds like the shop messed up more than they fixed, I would notify the Insurance company and file a claim to see if they can have an alternate location fix the car... I hate how one little problem stems into 50 billion others. Best luck to you getting it fixed bro, nothing I hate more than car troubles!
Took the car to the dealership today just to get an some kind of diagnostic test ran on it. Turns out that the electrical system wasnt grounded. So everything electric in the car was malfunctioning. The body shop forgot to plug in something in the bumper or in the headlight or something. Anyway, im going to take the statements from the dealership to the body shop and see if i could get some if not all of my money back. We'll see what happens.