My First Accident.

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2004, 01:11 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My First Accident.

Hey guys.

Does anyone know how to take the front bumper off?

I had my very first accident which so happened to be in my 3.2TL. I rear ended a toyota corolla which suddenly stopped at an active green light for some reason. Not much damage was done to that car apart from the rear bumper needing some paintwork (owner insists on contacting ICBC - what a Retard). As for my car the front bumper has dropped down by about half inch and has an ugly looking crack/gash the hood is slightly dented the grill is half popping out on one side and the other half has sunk backwards (the clip at the back is broken). im planning on doing most the repairs myself. I will leave the front bumper damaged (for now) just put it back in place. (My rear bumper also has a crack but thats rfom the previous owner will get both bumpers fixed at same time).

Guess I will have to wait and see if I am solely responsible which I am not then my insurance will increase by 40%.
Old 08-22-2004, 03:36 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You'll need a 8mm socket, 10mm socket, a ratchet, and something to remove the plastic clips on the top of the center of the front bumper (flathead screw driver or a tack - puller).

2, 8mm screws/bolts. 1 on each side of the front bumper. (where the bumper ends and the front fenders start). you'll need to move the fender liner a bit to get to the 8mm screws

Theres [I think] 4 [there may be more] 10mm screws/bolts underneath the front bumper. 2 on each side that holds the fender liner in place.

Theres a couple of plastic 'pop-off' clips on the top and MAY be on the bottom on the center of the front bumper. use a flat head screwdriver or a tack puller to safely remove the clips.

You're going to have to disconnect the signal lights and other little lights on the front bumper.

When all the screws and clips have been removed, its time to remove the front bumper. On each side, (where the front bumper ends and the fender starts/where you removed the 8mm screw/bolt) grab a hold of the end of the bumper and pull down and out (towards you).
Do the same thing to the other side.
You could remove the front bumper yourself but you should have another person help you to install the front bumper to insure that it won't get scratched or damaged.
After the sides have been removed, you can then move to the center of the bumper and proceed to pull out (towards you) on the bumper to remove.

I think thats about it.