Mr. Clean AutoDry - please help me.

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2005, 09:57 AM
2003 Acura MDX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr. Clean AutoDry - please help me.

Ok, so after the "How often do you wash your car" thread (https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119592) you guys convinced me to buy the mr.clean autowash and dry thing.

I bought the pro version (its black with some more features )
It dries the car good on the hood, but on the sides of the car, and on the trunk, it dosent dry ANYTHING!!!

1) Someone give me some tips on how to use this thing.
2) How do you wash your car with mr.clean?
3) Could previous wax on the car affect the drying?
4) Am i not using enough of a chemical?
5) How long does it take to dry?

Thanks in advance, fellas.

--Ramzy
Old 08-06-2005, 11:30 AM
Reppin' the T-Dot!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Dude, the thing doesn't actually DRY the car. It just rinses it with FILTERED water so that the car can just air dry and it won't leave and mineral deposits that are the cause of water spots. Previous wax, or what you WASH the car with don't make a difference. You still have to HAND WASH the car, use the soap to soak the car and use your wash mit, then rinse. Make sure to rinse each section and prvent it from drying before you use the final filter rinse on the whole car. Just make sure that you rinse with the filter from the top down and displace all of the water that was there before. You will find it works great.
Old 08-06-2005, 11:49 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
What up dude? Ok here is how I use mine... If its a new kit then I assume it came with the Mr. Clean wash fluid (green stuff right?)... And you put the filter in the bottom of the handle right? Ok if so then the unit is working fine, Usually I follow these steps

1.) Fill the gun w/soap
2.) Fill a bucket with water and some more Mr. Clean soap.
3.) Rinse a section of the car completely and then switch to "soap" mode and spray a liberal amount of soap on the section...NOTE: the soap supplied is "special", it aids in the autodry process, and using any other soap will have adverse affects on the drying process...
4.) After the section is covered with suds, wash with your mit from the soapy bucket and then immediatley rinse again...
5.) After the car is completely washed.. rinse one last time and then switch to "filter mode"
6.) Spray the car holding the gun like 6 inches from the paint... Pretend that your are painting your car. and work from the top to the bottom... the trick is to rinse all the "unfiltered" water off and leave only "filtered" water on the car to dry...
7.) After all is said and done, the car should dry w/no spots... Of course... the hood does dry a lot quicker, but a good 15 min and every part of the car should be dry except for a few drips in odd places...

The most important thing while using the mr clean system is to make sure you are using the "filter" water mode only at the end of washing your car, make sure your using mr clean soap, and make sure your filter is not brown and clogged...!!!
GOOD LUCK!
Old 08-06-2005, 05:44 PM
2003 Acura MDX

OK, im gonna try it again tomorrow, maybe im just not covering all the spaces, but ill see tomorrow.

Thanks for the input.
Old 08-07-2005, 12:39 PM
Carl - 2005 Acura TL Navi

I would recommend not using a bucket of water with soap. The purpose of the gun with soap in it is to not wash your car with dirty water. Plus the water in the bucket will have mild abrasives which will scratch your clear coat.

When I wash mine with the Mr Clean I go through about 1 1/2 fillings of the soap. I would also advise to get the newer Mr Clean since it uses more soap and actually suds up. The one I purchased this year can in a plastic stroage container and has a rubberized grip. The previous one from last year didnt seem to sud the soap as much.

I rinse the car down to get all big abrasives off then do the roof using the soap setting while cleaning with a soft mit purchased from Target. When done I rinse with the regualr non-filtered water. I continue around the vehicle until completely clean. Once finshed I use the filtered water setting to soak the car completely with special emphasise on the windows since you can see the spots the most on that.

OH yeah I clean the wheels first so as not to get the car dirty after washing.

Anyway hope that helps. When I finish washing my car it looks better than it did when I picked it up from the dealer.

Good washing!
Old 08-07-2005, 02:47 PM
TL no more!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I guess I'm the kind of person who likes to wash his car the old traditional way. I tried AutoDry and it didn't do much for me. I hated the idea before and after I used it, I hated it even more.

I use a car wash nozzle, 2 buckets, soap, and 2 wash mitts. I usually fill one bucket full of water and the other soap and water. That way, after going through a panel or two, I can put the dirty mitt in the bucket of water, rinse out all the dirt and stuff into the water then dry the mitt then put in the soapy water. After each wash, the bucket of water is usually pitch black while the soapy water is still clean. After washing, I usually turn the nozzle to the fully open position...or the water sheeting position. That way, the water and sheet on the panel rather than letting water to bead. That will decrease the amount of water staying on the panel so after all the water sheeted off, I use my big blue waffle microfiber towel and wipe off the standing water. I've been doing this for a few years and have not caused any swirls at all. It's almost bulletproof.
Old 08-08-2005, 04:03 PM
Racer

traditional bucket for me.

I tried the mr clean (not on my car of course..) and it works alright. Nothing too special. If I were to ever get one, I would only use it for rinsing, not washing, but that's just me
Old 08-08-2005, 08:29 PM
2003 Acura MDX

the mr.clean auto dry wasnt really worth the fucking 40 bucks I paid for it... im about to sell it for 20 on ebay or something...dosent really seem like its worth the hassle.

I feel more self-joy when I hand dry it and all...