interesting issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005 | 10:13 PM
Hurricane Game

interesting issue

so i had to try this.....due to my current situation. i went to a scion dealer, to look at a new car. i had them look at the acura. they came back after a short drive and 10 minutes of talking, etc. they asked me if i really needed to trade it to buy. i laughed and said yes. they said "well, to be honest it's not the kind of car we want". i laughed, told them to refund my deposit and left. i am sorely unimpressed.....but more along the lines of this car getting the last laugh on me. it's unfortunate that i didn't get this car from the get-go where it could have been cared for and took care of. right now i must now look at getting new tires and replacing my muffler, as it is too loud and sounds like shit.

anyone have good experience with any Phoenix area tire or muffler shops? i'm in the market apparently....*sigh*.....again. thanks all for the read.
Old 12-29-2005 | 11:13 PM
Senior Moderator

if u need tires, contact htown.. he has really good prices.. and i mean really good...

as for the trade in on your vehicle.. u have to remember the car is 8-10 yrs old.. after 4 yrs, trade in sucks.. not really worth your money... i will prob drive the car into the ground... and then some.. type II swap or something... i love the look of our car..
Old 12-30-2005 | 02:46 AM
Banned

if you buy a scion your on crack, I'm sorry but those are hideous.......
Old 12-30-2005 | 03:39 AM
Senior Moderator

Used luxury cars that arent too sporty are unfortunately not highly sought after.

Its a plus for those LOOKING for one since the prices are low, but sucks if you own one and are trying to trade it in later.

Old 12-30-2005 | 10:57 AM
Banned

So is your TL just breaking down on you to the point that it's not worth repairing?

I plan on driving my car into the ground, or until the tranny and/or engine just die. After that, I will likely just donate it or part it out.
Old 12-30-2005 | 09:08 PM
Hurricane Game

i'm not getting a scion now...so no horridness. but overall i like em. and they are made by toyota and by japanese hands, so they will be reliable.

no, it hasn't broken down yet cuz i've already dumped 1000s into it right after i got it. it was literally getting fixed every week. now it's just to the point of annoyance and it's sad, cuz i had high hopes for it. but the tires, the tranny, the gas, the GOD AWFUL paint job.....just all adds up. like i said, i wish i had gotten it when it was new...but i wouldn't have had 26+k then either! however, after all that, the interior is still in relatively good shape

if i don't get a 3, i'll be callin that tire place. thanks!
Old 12-30-2005 | 11:27 PM

man my parents were joking around with me on dumping the TL and getting me a corolla now if it was a manual corolla then i guess i wouldnt complain too much, but most likely it'll be auto, so f that ill keep the TL
Old 12-31-2005 | 11:48 AM
Safety Car

fix it and sell it privately. its the best way
Old 12-31-2005 | 06:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dubcnea
i'm not getting a scion now...so no horridness. but overall i like em. and they are made by toyota and by japanese hands, so they will be reliable.

no, it hasn't broken down yet cuz i've already dumped 1000s into it right after i got it. it was literally getting fixed every week. now it's just to the point of annoyance and it's sad, cuz i had high hopes for it. but the tires, the tranny, the gas, the GOD AWFUL paint job.....just all adds up. like i said, i wish i had gotten it when it was new...but i wouldn't have had 26+k then either! however, after all that, the interior is still in relatively good shape

if i don't get a 3, i'll be callin that tire place. thanks!
Actually, those tC coupes are not too bad looking and probably hold up well. Don't get me started on the xB or xA though!
Old 12-31-2005 | 06:09 PM
Safety Car

Am I the only one who would consider buying the xB???? I love those things!! Probably b/c I can see the potential of those things. I've seen them tricked out and they're a great car to do a car audio project in.
Old 01-01-2006 | 03:45 PM
Intermediate

tc

tc coupes look decent, but i c girls driving them and the guys that do, think they are hot shit. They are slow though....i raced a couple and won and i have a 98 3.2.
Old 01-05-2006 | 01:19 AM
Hurricane Game

the tC's only have a 160 hp with 162 lb torque. no wonder you beat them.

well guys, it's done. the TL is gone. the mazda dealer offered me almost bottom of the barrel, but it was enough to sway me. i couldn't take it anymore but i must say, it did get me from A to B most of the time.

that being said, i shalln't leave the board. y'all have been super nice to me, and i'm grateful. i also have a few things that i could sell to you guys since i obviously won't need them anymore. 2 things:

- clear turn signals
- neuspeed yellow performance spark plug wires

if anyone wants these, hit me up with best offer and we'll go from there. other than that, it's been a ride, that's for sure! thanks all for your comments and help! i will miss the leather....
Old 01-05-2006 | 02:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Kicker09
tc coupes look decent, but i c girls driving them and the guys that do, think they are hot shit. They are slow though....i raced a couple and won and i have a 98 3.2.
I think I could outrun a tC on foot.
Old 01-05-2006 | 07:34 PM
Hurricane Game

the tC manual version can do 0-60 in 7.5 seconds.
the 96 TL 3.2 does 0-60 in 8.1 seconds. (couldn't find exact numbers on 98, but should be same)

the car is just lighter....that's why they seem so zippy. same with the 3.

anyhoo.....how is everyone doing?
Old 01-06-2006 | 12:36 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by dubcnea
the tC's only have a 160 hp with 162 lb torque. no wonder you beat them.

well guys, it's done. the TL is gone. the mazda dealer offered me almost bottom of the barrel, but it was enough to sway me. i couldn't take it anymore but i must say, it did get me from A to B most of the time.

that being said, i shalln't leave the board. y'all have been super nice to me, and i'm grateful. i also have a few things that i could sell to you guys since i obviously won't need them anymore. 2 things:

- clear turn signals
- neuspeed yellow performance spark plug wires

if anyone wants these, hit me up with best offer and we'll go from there. other than that, it's been a ride, that's for sure! thanks all for your comments and help! i will miss the leather....
so what ya get....mazda 3? details and pics bro!
Old 01-06-2006 | 07:14 PM
Hurricane Game

yeah, got a 3. it's not 'done' yet....still some factory stuff to be done (spoiler, tint, etc.)..but so far it's all good. here are a few pics:

so far still on first tank....gettin what i think is 28 mpg....which is a HUGE diff. it's nice.