I'm through with these guys.

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 07:40 PM
大日本帝国

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
I'm through with these guys.

After getting stopped three times in less than 24 hours (four in 48), I'm through.

I'm a good guy, anyone will tell you that. I go out of my way to help others whenever I can. Not because I expect rewards, monetary or otherwise, but because I feel that we all should help each other out when we're in need.

Has PD helped me much? No. Once, OPD sat in my Oakland shop until I got there the next morning after a break-in. Although no one had called me to come when it happened, they were nice enough to look for wood to cover the gaping hole where the would-be burglars broke through, and sit watching. Aside from that, I don't recall many other acts of kindness from them. Granted, I've been let off the hook for speeding by CHP. Nothing too major, just 10 over or so.

SFPD never returned e-mails or calls about evidence THEY had requested regarding another break-in in one of my SF shops. I had CLEAR surveillance video of the faces of the two guys who kicked in my door, only to walk away calmly when the alarms went off, and of another guy who had swung a bat at the door the day before. Nothing was done (by PD) and the guys were never prosecuted.

As many forum members probably can recall, my car was stolen not too long after I got it. $14K in losses later, I still had to pay PD to release the car, Auto Return to release the car, and deal with not having my calls returned about running prints (which were all over photographs I had just picked up and left in the car).

The stop last night was the most infuriating. I pulled into the parking lot of a 7-11 in Milpitas, and was immediately blocked in by a squad car who had been waiting in the lot. The officer approached our cars and told both my friend in his car and myself to stay where we were. He then started to walk around our cars with his flashlight looking for an excuse to ticket us. After looking at the front of our cars, he announces that he was citing us for no front plate. I responded by telling him that I do indeed have a front plate, since I put it there to get another two front plate tickets signed off. He looked again and said, "Oh, I'm still giving it to you anyway." While writing the tickets, he asked another officer if he wanted credit for one (ticket), and joked about how he was happy to share the wealth. Thanks alot, MPD. I'm glad Milpitas is safe from law-abiding visitors to your city.

I know *SOME* PD's have tough jobs, and I give respect where respect is due. However, I don't feel that going through the Academy and getting a badge automatically means everyone should brown-nose you. A quick glance over at the LEO forums brings this:

http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88072

Some of those tickets WERE issued to asshats, but what have I ever done to cross you guys? I've only once mouthed off to two cops, and was slammed into the squad car, taken back to the precinct, and subsequently released on my own recognizance 2 minutes after getting there. I was 15 at the time, and it's never happened since.

Sorry for the long thread/rant but I'm done with giving any of these guys respect when I have to deal with them unless they show me some first.

~Cheers~

P.S. These are but a few anecdotes from my personal experience with the various PDs we have here in the Bay Area, and internationally.
Old 05-10-2008, 08:04 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,485 Likes on 1,049 Posts
sucks man. Not really something to add to your list, but i've gotten annoyed at police at one time. Well first it was a security guard.

My bike was stolen right behind my back (literally, about 50 feet away, i know, i'm an idiot) and i went to the neared security guard or "commnity patrol" that goes around our neighborhood, since only 30 police cars are assigned to our part of town. at first, he was fine, asking the right questions, and so on. Then, he got a phone call. All i hear is "hey baby," and some flirting while i'm standing here with a lost bike. I actually had a chance to get it back, it wasn't that long since it was stolen.

After about 20 minutes of talking, the idiot comes back to me and says he can't do anything. Hey buddy, thanks for costing me my chance at getting my bike back for that. So i call the police. I called the information number, and I was put on hold for another 20 minutes. Then, the asshat says sorry for the delay, but there's an extremely low chance that I will get my bike back, so there's no point filing a report. i say I'd like to file one anyways, and the guy says, no, there's no point. I say yes, let me file a report, and he goes, no there's no point, sorry i can't help you, and the fucker hangs up. That's T.O. police for you.

Sorry for the rant/thread jacking, I just wanted to say i can relate, although on a much smaller scale.

Not all are like that though. Most patrol cops here are nice and fair, as long as you are too. There are also a bunch that come to my school for lectures, those are a great bunch of guys.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:54 PM
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Yeah, fuck the police. I only had a couple minor encounters with the cops that were being assholes, most are pretty decent here in Canada. A few days back, while driving back from Toronto, I overtook a cop who was doing a speed limit. It was funny because right after I went past the cop, all the cars that were piled up behind started taking over as well.

And man, the cops on that forum are real dicks, no wonder people hate them. I couldn't live with my self if I'd be a cop who gives out these lame tickets and fucks with people just "because I can."
Old 05-10-2008, 10:12 PM
95 Acura TL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is all nonesense. I work in law enforcement and not one of my colleagues have the time to give poeple a hard time. We all can't wait to get off and work on our Hondas. LoL. Don't stereotype this group, because in reality most of them would be willing to do anythign to protect you, and I'm one of them. Yes there are bad cops, just like any profession out there; calm down and realize this.
Old 05-10-2008, 10:44 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,485 Likes on 1,049 Posts
Originally Posted by DAiNiUS
Yeah, fuck the police. I only had a couple minor encounters with the cops that were being assholes, most are pretty decent here in Canada. A few days back, while driving back from Toronto, I overtook a cop who was doing a speed limit. It was funny because right after I went past the cop, all the cars that were piled up behind started taking over as well.

And man, the cops on that forum are real dicks, no wonder people hate them. I couldn't live with my self if I'd be a cop who gives out these lame tickets and fucks with people just "because I can."
kinda taking it a bit too far?

Originally Posted by NickKendryna
This is all nonesense. I work in law enforcement and not one of my colleagues have the time to give poeple a hard time. We all can't wait to get off and work on our Hondas. LoL. Don't stereotype this group, because in reality most of them would be willing to do anythign to protect you, and I'm one of them. Yes there are bad cops, just like any profession out there; calm down and realize this.
naturally, there are good and bad everything. I guess it just gets really annoying that these cops "who would be willing to do anything to protect you" can sometimes be bitches.

Sure, they have bad days, but don't we all? That doesn't give them the right to take out their anger on citizens, and get an additional ticket to put on their record while doing it.

I have no doubt that the police are here to protect us. I also have no doubt that that gives them the right to be dicks when they feel like it.

Keep in mind I understand that this is the minority of all cops.
Old 05-11-2008, 10:11 AM
B A N N E D

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
cops are the modern black and blue plague of the road. They are not honey bees, but rather MONEY BEES.

i have a reoccuring dream about driving a 18 wheeler filled with gravel and seeing one of those fags clocking people from the median. in this dream i am wearing motorcycle leathers and full crash gear. i aim my semi at the cop while im doing like 85, pop the door open and barrel roll out the semi in the motorcycle gear. the semi ghost rides into the money bee and terminates him.
Old 05-11-2008, 10:44 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by Fyre Man
kinda taking it a bit too far?
Did you at least read the posts in the forum that Go90go posted? There are cops that are nice and genuinely try to do a good job. However, a lot of them are somewhat racist, discriminate against young drivers and against immigrants. That is the biggest problem with cops, they give shit to people they don't like just because they can.

I once had to wait for a few friends of mine to come and there was no place to park, so I asked a cop who was nearby if I could park my car somewhere for a few minutes. He said that I could and he was very nice with me. I was waiting in the car when another cop came behind me and was just sitting in his car, waiting. Then I got out to try to spot my friends, and as soon as he saw me, he started to bitch at me and was staring me down with such hate. The thing is, he didn't do anything before I got out of the car, but once I did, he saw that I'm young, I'm an immigrant and I drive (what I believe is) a nice car. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't of said shit if I were a 40 year old man in a business suit or a 20 year old girl with big fuckin tits, and if he would of, he probably wouldn't of talked to them the way he did with me.
Old 05-11-2008, 04:51 PM
95 Acura TL

Ya, screw all law enforcement, they are all terrible. There is not one good cop in this country. There all worthless.
Old 05-11-2008, 08:17 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by DAiNiUS
There are cops that are nice and genuinely try to do a good job.
Ya, screw all law enforcement, they are all terrible. There is not one good cop in this country. There all worthless.
Old 05-11-2008, 09:40 PM
95 Acura TL

I thought it would be funny just to join in with all the hate. I hope you all can discern my sense of humor; like when I tell poeple to buy Hyundai's and Kia's instead of Honda's .As I stated before, I work in Law Enforcement and it's funny to hear poeple talk badley about cops.
Old 05-11-2008, 10:18 PM
大日本帝国

I thought it would be funny just to join in with all the hate. I hope you all can discern my sense of humor; like when I tell poeple to buy Hyundai's and Kia's instead of Honda's .As I stated before, I work in Law Enforcement and it's funny to hear poeple talk badley about cops.
I know what you mean about some cops caring. Last month I went to a local station here in SF because my friend was in a hit and run and needed help filing a report. The first thing the Lieutenant on duty said when he saw me walking in? "Ho~ly shit! Arthur, WHAT THE FUCK are you doing back?!" He went on to ask every officer that went into the office the rest of the night if they've ever arrested me before. I laughingly told him that no one in the precinct save the higher ranking guys has been a cop long enough to remember me, haha.

I used to hate the guy when we first crossed paths 10 years ago, but that night, we were sitting back, laughing about old times, family, and how we've gone through a bunch of shit. I had known that he had cared then, but hey, we were all young at one point and didn't want to listen to anyone. He knew that as well and figured it was just a matter of time before I realised it myself. He was pleasantly surprised to find out I came to my senses a bit earlier than he had expected, though.

I don't have any issues with being friends with LEOs, even though we're occasionally on opposite sides of thin line called the law. It's the ones who abuse their power that I can't stand.

~Cheers~
Old 05-12-2008, 12:00 AM
Instructor

Yeah your right. The PD by my school i know a few rude ones who's path i hope i never pass.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:21 PM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

FIXED!
(for those who don't know sarcasm is dipicted in red text on other parts of the forum and I'm sure it's most likely a standard on Acurazine)

Sorry to hear about your bad experience Go90go... It sometimes happens that the officer is either having a bad day or just not good at what he does for a living... Looks like the cops on the other forum are just on someones lawn just like the ones that stopped you... to bad it isn't picked up routinely...

with NickKendryna that not all cops are bad... I was an explorer with the CHP and I know they are all trained to be courteous and enforce the law correctly... Not just give tickets just to cover a "quota"... Just to clear a myth among the drivers, cops don't have a quota, but they are told that it is very unusual that within a 9 hour period everyone is a perfect driver and no one makes a mistake ...

In your situation, they were just trying to harass you for no reason... I would have taken a picture of my car to prove otherwise after the ticket was written... You can also go to court to get a mandatory request for the video from the 7-11 where the ticket was given... That should be proof enough that the cop was unlawfully writing you up...

If you just have to present yourself at the police station to clear the ticket to show that you have your plates on... just go and forget the court... don't waste more of your time then they have already made you waste...

I've had my fare share of these incidents... Especially a cop trying to say my car was stolen because the registration said Acura TL and not Honda Inspire... I Pulled out the Honda Inspire commercial and showed him what an Inspire was... All I remember him saying was "JESUS... I didn't know that..." Him and his partner left amazed on all the info I gave them about the Inspire, Ferio, and Accord...

One more thing I have to thank all of you guys for...

Somerton, AZ PD
Yuma, AZ PD
Tejon, CA PD
Salinas, CA PD
Watsonville, CA PD
Davis, CA PD
Woodland, CA PD
California Highway Patrol

Have never given me a ticket for anything unlawful in all the times I've been stopped... 1 CHP for speeding doing 95 in a 65 zone and he dropped it to 80...
Old 05-15-2008, 08:27 PM
大日本帝国

Originally Posted by spooky3ce
I've had my fare share of these incidents... Especially a cop trying to say my car was stolen because the registration said Acura TL and not Honda Inspire...
That happened last week. I had two cars on me, one a sergeant.

It also happened one time where I made the cop contradict himself and he started saying that I was making myself look like a dumbass. He went as far as to check VINs several times and continue talking shit to me.

~Cheers~
Old 06-21-2008, 06:11 AM
大日本帝国

Bumpity bump. Two in one tonight! Would've also gotten an exhaust ticket if my exhaust was shinier. Thank god I didn't wipe it down when I washed my car today. My thoughts haven't changed. 15 cop cars in a one block stretch, circling like vultures, 3 cop cars on me alone.

~Cheers~
Old 06-21-2008, 08:27 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
how does a shiny exhaust condone a ticket???
Old 06-21-2008, 01:29 PM
大日本帝国

^ Modified exhaust laws in California. Luckily there was enough dust and road grime on there to make it look OEM. That's how they spot them: if you have a shiny exhaust because you like to keep your car clean, you have illegal parts all over your car. He asked me if I had "gotten it approved". I'm thinking, where the fuck am I supposed to do that?! Technically, any muffler swap, including a replacement from Midas, is illegal here. Illegal, that is, if it's on an import.

~Cheers~
Old 07-03-2008, 04:34 PM
大日本帝国

Well, just after leaving the Hall of Justice taking care of $680 in tickets, I get pulled over and given another three tickets:

Front plate (as usual)
No right on red (sign was covered)
Talking on phone (I had just left my headset at home this morning and was telling the caller I couldn't talk)

This is BS. That's another $400...

~Cheers~
Old 07-03-2008, 07:33 PM
Pro

Wow, that's fucked up...
Old 07-03-2008, 09:36 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Go90go
^ Modified exhaust laws in California. Luckily there was enough dust and road grime on there to make it look OEM. That's how they spot them: if you have a shiny exhaust because you like to keep your car clean, you have illegal parts all over your car. He asked me if I had "gotten it approved". I'm thinking, where the fuck am I supposed to do that?! Technically, any muffler swap, including a replacement from Midas, is illegal here. Illegal, that is, if it's on an import.

~Cheers~
flat black, you need a can of that.
Old 07-04-2008, 12:16 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
In my experience, cops usually respond based on your attitude (not saying you in particular). A lot of my highschool friends are with PD or CHP.

If it looks like you're blatantly breaking the law, they will nail you. For example, I have all of my windows tinted on the TL. The rears are nearly limo but the fronts have the solar tint so it looks a bit reflective. In contrast to the rear, the fronts look lighter than stock even though it's hard to see in the car. I haven't gotten a second look and I've passed many cops. On the other hand, my friend that has limo on all the windows gets tickets all the time. It's a matter of respect.

I got pulled over for spinning the tires from a 45mph roll in the GN as I went past a cop that was well hidden. He pulled me aside and told me I was going to be embarassed when he takes my car away in front of my girlfriend. When I told him she would probably love it if he took it away (she hated the GN) jokingly, he told me to get out of here and didn't give me a ticket much less take the car.

I drive the GN very easy in traffic, not aggressive at all, and I've had a couple cops ask to see it take off. It's all about the way you present yourself.

I do have to say, they are generally harder on the import crowd because most of the dangerous stuff comes from that crowd. It sucks for the real enthusiasts though.
Old 07-04-2008, 03:27 AM
大日本帝国

I wrote a long reply but the connection crapped out and I had to restart the computer, so I'll sum it up:

I always follow the rules when dealing with them, and I've yet to not get a ticket if a girl is with me.

~Cheers~
Old 11-01-2008, 12:02 PM
So Slick, bugs dont stick

Last feb on a sunday night, Me and a couple of my friends, (both girls) got off work and we were crusin around in the back roads in my 96 red civic ex coupe lookin for cool stuff.. There was this mailbox that HAD been smashed in and the decal thing on it was cool.

I get out and take it. approx 5 miles up the road are these set of lights. we think eh, its nothing. I pull in to this driveway and turn around to go home cuz its a little late. I was doing 35 anyway because It COULD have been a cop.

I get to the next T intersection, full stop, left turn (all legal) and as soon as I turn all the way left. BAM! cop lights. I know i did nothing wrong, driving wise that is, and he comes up to the window.

He ask's, so what are you doing out this late? (its 10:20ish on a suday!!) I said me and my friends got of work and were crusin around lookin at the valley lights. He screams at me, "GET OUT OF THE CAR MAM!!" Being how smart i am, i say, MaM? im a guy. "SHUTUP AND GET OUT OF THE CAR" ok so i do as im told and he is swearing at me and telling me all of these things i didnt do. Then he starts saying he will have us all cuffed on the ground at gunpoint kissing pavement if we dont f**king cooperate!!

He ends up yelling at all of my friends, each of us individually and uses all the swear words, i believe hahaha it was kind of a funny situation, till he and ANOTHER cop who pulled up, call our parents.

Turns out, there is a similar red civic out there smashing mailboxes, and he thought it was ME! well i understand he was trying to catch him, but he should have been a little more chill about it.. oh well No tickets.

Im driving home and he some how finds me and pulls me over! He comes to the window, and says alright you little shit. i Know you destroyed that mailbox. he says give me a reason why i should believe you. I gave him the good student, community service projects n stuff i do, etc. He says you better watch your back boy, and leaves. I go home scared to death and full of rage. . .

And thats my stupid rant

Last edited by acura00man; 11-01-2008 at 12:05 PM.
Old 11-01-2008, 01:53 PM
大日本帝国

Damn, you should add this to the following thread:

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/your-worst-pulled-over-experience-642800/

It's the "Worst 'Pulled Over' Experience" thread in the Racing and Competition forum.

~Cheers~
Old 11-02-2008, 01:18 AM
Advanced

My experince with the cops is similar to y ours go90. I work with the Department of Justice and I train cops for a lot of thier detective work. I also have a degree in Pre-law. I would guess that they want you for something else but cant finger you for it. I moved from my previous residence because the cops ticketed me nearly every day. It was alays something stupid and sometimes i sat there for 45 minutes while they looked up what to charge me with. The "backup" officer they called was always a detective or a Canine unit. One cop even appologized for this and explained they were the only units available. I could see two other basic patrol officers watching from a parking lot across the street.

Turns out there was a drug dealer who also had a pewter 97 TL with dark tint and really similar wheels, who lived in the projects near my home. They wanted him but kept thinking it was me, hence the harrassment. They SWORE that they were gonna get me for something. Each time they ticketd me I gave the dectives a business card. Kind of a way of saying "Hey asshole perhaps you need a bit more training". Funny thing is the dectectives were always apt to not screw around, it was the street cop looking for a promotion that were always harrasing me.

Well I just got back from a conference with 20 + FBI or otehr federal agents. Those cops wish they were me.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:22 AM
大日本帝国

If you're working for the DoJ, shouldn't they allow you to have something done to your license and plate to help combat this? I think you know what I'm referring to, as my friend's family has this done and no regular cop can touch them. I'd rather not post about it here, but I wish I could have what he has.

~Cheers~
Old 11-06-2008, 11:55 AM
Str8 Home built

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
yeah i noe how u feel ive bin done with them a long as time ago... i got my car towed cuz my license plate light was turned of ( the bulb was blown)... they said the reason they towed my car was cuz the said my car look suspisious... The last time i had another problem was at night at food maxx. i took my mom to the store and i waited in the car and the cop pulled out of no were and stared to tell me that my car was reported stolen....! i was like how is that possible if i own thins car...! 30 mins later he said it was a mistake......! but he didnt take my car.. he had that loook in his eye like he did want to take it...... at the end he let me go...