I just smashed my car into a curb... please dont flame me :( PLEASE HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 01:21 PM
2003 Acura MDX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just smashed my car into a curb... please dont flame me :( PLEASE HELP!!!

Its not as bad as you think.... or could it be? Thats the reason of this thread...

I was on my way to school, if anyone here lives in maryland, you know how bad the rain is today, it hasnt rained in a while, which means when it does, roads are 101x more dangerous, but being the fucking retard I am, I always want to push the car to the limit...

So Im going down this road that i go on everyday to school, and the speed limit is 35, I was going like 37/38.... oh yeah im on bald tires, so im really asking for it.... and im going around the turn...and oh shit, the front wheels loose traction... the rear right tire slams into the curb, and my car starts to spin, I end up in the middle of the street, I duno what the fuck happened to the car, but it wouldnt start, and it turned it self off... the brake was like half way working...

I get out of the car and survey the damage, amazing... nothing untill i look at the rim, it has chunks of the sidewalk in it... alright, so this isnt too bad, no body damage (or i think, the frame could be messed up)...so remembering back to that thread on how you can change gears if you put your key into that thing next to the shift gate (thank you, whoever) I put the car into Neutral and rolled it off the road...

The tire is suppose to be paralell to the car...like this

After I hit, the rear tire was looking like this....

Now i really dont want to hear about how stupid I am, I know im stupid... this this and that, i have evaluated this thing from all sorts of angles..and the mechanic hasnt seen it yet, he said he MIGHT get to it this weekend... I WANT MY CAR NOWWWWW!!!!!

What do you guys think I broke/bent? How much money am I looking at here?

Thanks in advance.
Please drive safe.
-Ramzy
Old 10-07-2005, 02:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
i don't remember what the name of it is but i know it is serious damage... im not sure exactly why your engine would stop working since it only looks like frame/suspension damage... may be something with the axle
Old 10-07-2005, 02:45 PM
Safety Car

Received 487 Likes on 249 Posts
If the car turned itself off, that means the sensors reported the car had just been in a serious accident and it cut the fuel pump.

You might be looking at frame damage. In the least, your rear axle is going to need work. Luckily the rears aren't drive wheels. Maybe suspension. Can't tell without pics.

Brake lines to that wheel might be cut. More likely though, the brakes were half working because the engine died and you had no vacuum assist.

It will still cost at least 2,000 to fix. VERY Rough estimate. Probably more.
Old 10-07-2005, 02:52 PM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

Remember what i said... NO DRIFTING!!! Shhh... just call your insurance A.S.A.P. fill out the report they send you... send it back... find a shop to fix it (you already have i think)... get the estimate and wait a month or so to get it fixed... It took 3 months to fix mine but that is because it was both front and rear wheels hit on mine...

My estimate was $5000... but i had full coverage...

About your car turning off... what the above post sounds correct... mine didn't die on me... just kept rolling so i stopped... don't know why it might have shut off...

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...=Spooky%27s+TL

You're not stupid man... you may feel like it just like i did... but it was just a mistake... be patient and sorry to hear about your accident...
Old 10-07-2005, 03:24 PM
2003 Acura MDX

Originally Posted by wackjum
If the car turned itself off, that means the sensors reported the car had just been in a serious accident and it cut the fuel pump.

You might be looking at frame damage. In the least, your rear axle is going to need work. Luckily the rears aren't drive wheels. Maybe suspension. Can't tell without pics.

Brake lines to that wheel might be cut. More likely though, the brakes were half working because the engine died and you had no vacuum assist.

It will still cost at least 2,000 to fix. VERY Rough estimate. Probably more.

yeah, that makes sense... I thought it was a saftey feature too... man, is this going to set me back...

But thanks alot for your help guys... i really do appreciate it... Ill let you guys know the estimate when he looks at it, but im not liking it right now...
Old 10-07-2005, 05:52 PM
Professional EFI Tuner

Fuel pump inertia switch probably shut your engine down. There should be a reset in the trunk. At least that's where it is in the domestics I'm more familiar with. Never had to find it in my father's Acura.

Sounds like you'll probably need a rear control arm assembly and then some. Never real cheap.

Sorry.