How much was your tints & what % are they?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005 | 05:51 PM
Str8 Rida

How much was your tints & what % are they?

my prices seem a lil high around here and I did alot of shopping around, so i figured i'd ask my other TL fam to see whut i should be expecting. Also i wanted to kno whut % would look best on tha TL i have tha dark (hunter) green color i was thinkin' about 35% if not that i would get 20% juz to keep tha po-po's off my ass lol
Old 04-21-2005 | 06:03 PM
Registered Driver

Wouldn't 35% be lighter, causing less problems with the popo's?

I can't remember around here (tint is illegal in RI) but I believe I was quoted ~$150 for the windows and it came with a lifetime warantee.
Old 04-21-2005 | 06:45 PM

i need tint on my car, riverside gets WAY to hot during the summer.. and combined with leather seats and shorts
Old 04-21-2005 | 08:08 PM
LDH
I

35% is lighter then 20% unsanepyro is right.

When I bought the tl it had ~35% on it. But it's pretty scratched up now and my sister wants it retinted since it's her car now. (Good thing I didn't retint it before )
Old 04-21-2005 | 08:13 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Mizouse
i need tint on my car, riverside gets WAY to hot during the summer.. and combined with leather seats and shorts
I know what you mean... I really need to tint my windows. I hate it during the summer... No matter what, my back gets very hot and sweaty unless I start the car and let the A/C cool down the inside while I wait outside.

I got a quote from one place, $200 for the rear windows and rear windsheild at 30%. I wanted to get fronts windows as well but that's another $100. It's pretty pricy around here because not many other places do it (not that I know of anyway).
Old 04-21-2005 | 08:35 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by LeathaFace
my prices seem a lil high around here and I did alot of shopping around, so i figured i'd ask my other TL fam to see whut i should be expecting. Also i wanted to kno whut % would look best on tha TL i have tha dark (hunter) green color i was thinkin' about 35% if not that i would get 20% juz to keep tha po-po's off my ass lol
As far as cost for tints - prices will vary geographically. Also take into consideration type of film being used and the brand. I believe dyed film are the most inexpensive follwed by metallic and ceramic. Do a search on tinting and you'll notice the difference in cost between east and west.
Originally Posted by Mizouse
Check this thread.
Old 04-21-2005 | 08:50 PM
Str8 Rida

thanx fellaz... well yea those are around tha same prices i've heard her in jersey a few places want around $250 then a lot want $130-155 well it ranges from $130-300 130 is tha cheapest i seen wit a lifetime warr. so i might juz jump on that..AFTER i check tha jer-z laws on tints those tickets start to really line up.
Old 04-21-2005 | 09:14 PM
Racer

i got limo tint in the back and rear windows (5%) and i have legal limit on the front to windows (35% i think). And it cost me 80$ with lifetime warrenty on the tint.
Old 04-21-2005 | 09:21 PM
Advanced

https://acurazine.com/forums/ramblings-12/optical-illusion-%2Apic%2A-must-see-109268/

35% all around. Front windows are illegal here in B.C. but I got them done anyway. The good thing is that it looks classy not too dark, not too light. No cops bothering me yet either. I got a sweet deal, came to $170cdn for all the windows.
Old 04-21-2005 | 10:42 PM
Instructor

I got 30 on my front and rear windows and 15 on my rear back window. I also have a strip of 15 in the front. I have a white 97 2.5tl.
Old 04-21-2005 | 11:19 PM
'97 2.5TL Premium

I got 35 all around except for windshield. Cost me $215 for Quantum Metallic tint. They didn't do all of the back because of the dots, they said it'll cost 15 bucks to spray the top part completely black.
Old 04-21-2005 | 11:57 PM
Banned

After re'tinting my rear windows for the 3rd time [i thought it would be eazy, lol ] , must have cost me $30, at 5%. I still need to do my rear back 5% and 20% on the fronts.
Old 04-22-2005 | 12:43 AM
Hurricane Game

heh, tinting the side windows and stuff maybe not too hard. but that back window is for the birds.....on any car (unless it's a truck....so actual cars are not easy). but anyhoo, i need to get mine retinted as well. the tint on there looks ok, but if you look close it sux. plus there is a big spot where it has seperated from the rear window.....but it's up top so you can't see it from outside (phew). but i was thinking....anyone seen that silver tint that came on newer Toyotas and some Lexi? maybe you can get it for any car (i hope), but it doesn't really impail vision from the inside at night and stuff, but it just looks like a mirror from outside. you can't really see inside, but since it doesn't ruin vision, i can't see how they can say it's illegal. i'm not sure about %'s on it, but i'm going to do some research on it. anyone else know what i'm talking about?

oh, btw....i wanna go 20% all around...i think i have 35 now....not bad but...AZ will be a hot SOB!
Old 04-22-2005 | 08:49 AM
'97 2.5TL Premium

Originally Posted by dubcnea
heh, tinting the side windows and stuff maybe not too hard. but that back window is for the birds.....on any car (unless it's a truck....so actual cars are not easy). but anyhoo, i need to get mine retinted as well. the tint on there looks ok, but if you look close it sux. plus there is a big spot where it has seperated from the rear window.....but it's up top so you can't see it from outside (phew). but i was thinking....anyone seen that silver tint that came on newer Toyotas and some Lexi? maybe you can get it for any car (i hope), but it doesn't really impail vision from the inside at night and stuff, but it just looks like a mirror from outside. you can't really see inside, but since it doesn't ruin vision, i can't see how they can say it's illegal. i'm not sure about %'s on it, but i'm going to do some research on it. anyone else know what i'm talking about?
oh, btw....i wanna go 20% all around...i think i have 35 now....not bad but...AZ will be a hot SOB!
I have something similar to that...mirrored tint almost with a greenish hue. i only got 35% though so only if it's cloudy it looks like a mirror. I like my tint and I recommend it, but 20% may look nicer. Look up SolarGard Quantum, my girl and I both have it on our cars.
Old 04-22-2005 | 08:50 AM
'97 2.5TL Premium

I got a question for you guys with tints. Did they tint the entire back window over the dots?
Old 04-22-2005 | 11:22 AM
Str8 Rida

tino thats tha same color i 3.2 i have looks real good so i think i will go wit tha 35%
Old 04-22-2005 | 04:15 PM
Hurricane Game

they should tint over the entire back window.
Old 04-22-2005 | 07:05 PM
Advanced

They wouldnt tint over the dot matrix on the back, but they said that they would put a blacked out strip over it but i chose not too since it would be darker than the tint which i have 35% charcoal color. I have gone through a lot of tinting on vw's, acura's, dodge's, the window tinters wont tint over the dot matrix because, according to what they told me, is that the tint will get bubbles and then not adhere properly and then it would be too much of a liability to them.
Old 04-22-2005 | 07:39 PM
Hurricane Game

ha, maybe you're right.....maybe that's why mine is peeling off back there......boo whoever did mine.
Old 04-22-2005 | 09:02 PM
Instructor

I got it covered over the dot matrix. They told me it will get white, because of the dot matrix, it will not stick to the window, but the dots only. Hopefully it will not peel.

What do you guys clean the tinted windows with? I heard don't use windex with ammoina. (SP?)
Old 04-22-2005 | 09:31 PM
Advanced

cool, i'm glad you like my tint. They did go over the dot matrix and unless you look at it up close there's nothing odd about the look of it. Even from up close it's no big deal for me. I did get them to redo one window, there was a bubble. If anyone's in Vancouver and wants a reference let me know, they have some exclusive club member prices for tint jobs, and they offer lifetime warranties.

Since my pictures I added clear bumper lenses. Looks much cleaner overall. I highly recommend them! I bought them off ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33717

not too bad of a deal, but not the greatest feedback for this company so its a bit of a risk. They took almost a month 1/2 before they arrived for me.
Old 04-22-2005 | 09:34 PM
Advanced

cool, i'm glad you like my tint. They did go over the dot matrix and unless you look at it up close there's nothing odd about the look of it. Even from up close it's no big deal for me. I did get them to redo one window, there was a bubble. If anyone's in Vancouver and wants a reference let me know, they have some exclusive club member prices for tint jobs, and they offer lifetime warranties.

Since my pictures I added clear bumper lenses. Looks much cleaner overall. I highly recommend them! I bought them off ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33717

not too bad of a deal, but not the greatest feedback for this company so its a bit of a risk. They took almost a month 1/2 before they arrived for me.
Old 04-22-2005 | 10:20 PM
Instructor

I just got my new TL tinted locally (Sav, GA) for $150. The shop put on 35% and didn't cover over the dot matrix. He seemed to really know his stuff and did a fantastic job of making the tint blend right in and line up perfectly with the matrix. Overall it made the car look a LOT better.
Old 04-23-2005 | 12:21 AM
Hurricane Game

Originally Posted by 2doe
What do you guys clean the tinted windows with? I heard don't use windex with ammoina. (SP?)
they should have told you what to use. but when i got mine done awhile ago on my other car, the guy told me just soap and water. he said regular window cleaner would smear and not come off or something....it just wasn't good for it.
Old 04-23-2005 | 02:02 PM
Str8 Rida

Tino juz did it 2day (23rd) got 35% all around looks good juz like i thought...i orderd my clears they should be here like tha 26th i think i got them from procarparts tho becaus ei didnt see them on ebay for a while as well as juz ordered my indiglo gauges they'll be here tha 28th so when all is done i will update wit pics. but as far as ta tints im fully satisfied.
Old 04-23-2005 | 02:53 PM
Advanced

sweet... post some pics.
Old 04-26-2005 | 11:51 PM
Instructor

leathaface,
How much was the indiglo gauges and clear bumper lights? Let me know if it was easy to put in the indiglo. I am thinking about getting them, but i think it is too hard.
Old 04-27-2005 | 09:04 AM
Str8 Rida

haha i feel u but i cant help u with tha gauges (were they hard to put in?) BEACUSE IM CHICKEN SHIT. lol i was too scared. I heard too many ppl complaining about how hard it was and how long it took, so im juz taking it to this car audio/visual shop where he said he'd do it for around $40.. not low but not high and it beats me taking hrs struggin' and breakin' stuff that i probably would need.. soo.. The gauges were $34 buy it now from ebay and the clears were $62.16(tax and shipping inc. for where i live, N.J.) they are cheaper on ebay where most of these guys get em but at the time they were'nt on there any more and i couldnt wait..lol. but still Procarparts had them the cheapest. I'l be posting pic of all (tints,gauges,clears) the end of this month...u can see how u like it
Old 04-27-2005 | 11:09 AM
Racer

I tinted my 3.2 35% in the front, and 20% in the rear including the windshield. Ziebart charged me $220 for the whole job and they guarantee it for life. This was the best investment because not only does it prolong the life of your AC by not making it work so hard, it saves your dash and any cloth material in your car. My friend's dad bought an Accord the same month I bought my TL. He has no tints and the sun has baked his interior so bad that the rear deck is discolored.
Old 04-27-2005 | 04:12 PM
Str8 Rida

u kno i was thinkin tha same thing...i wanted my windshield done too but its against tha law over here (jer-z) even tho ur not even suppoz to have them on tha driver or passenger juz tha back windows but i have it anyway but i really wanted tha windshield too...daaaamn yooouuu lucky one...lol....how about ur rear window...did he put tha tint out or in cuz my dot mat. looks crazy at tha moment but he said it would even out (got it done about a wk ago)
Old 04-27-2005 | 05:19 PM
TLs on 19s

2 layers of limo tints. . . $140 with life time warrenty. .(bubbles. . fadding. . ect.)
Old 04-27-2005 | 07:34 PM
Fk U, Pay me

in my younger days i used to tint windows on the side- always do my own-- soap and water is what we always suggested- over time windex makes it foggy, streak and scratch easier- forget the tech term, but it just breaks down the tint faster... use a mild soap and water spray..

(((going back up a few posts..))) this guy has all the states' tint laws listed- very helpful stuff- even tell u about the strip on top of ur windshield-

http://www.tintdude.com/itom.html

let me clarify the last column (net/film):
NET= film + factory tint (usually about 5%)
FILM = film only

popo measures different in each state....
:cop:
Old 04-27-2005 | 07:40 PM
7th Gear

Hey leathaface,
Did you find out what the laws are in Jersey about the tints? What % is street legal?

Thanks

AccRight
Old 04-27-2005 | 07:41 PM
7th Gear

Shoot -
Should have read KMS-TL's post before posting.....
My bad.

Thanks KMS-TL
Old 04-27-2005 | 10:30 PM
Str8 Rida

lol yea me too... but i already have em done anyway...35% all around (not windshield) i dont want that much attention...but it would look good ...thanx kms
Old 04-27-2005 | 11:24 PM
my girly girl

if you tint the front wind sheild how are goin goin to change your registration and inspection to be over he tint. when you get your inspection done everyyear how are you goin to change it without scratching the tint?
did anyone every double layer their tint. like 20 percent on 20 percent. or how about 20%black on 20% mirrored to make it like a mirrored black tint.
Old 04-28-2005 | 12:55 AM
Str8 Rida

my inspection is for every 2 yrs but like i said i wouldnt do it (front windshield) anyway, juz something i wanted to do. I have to take off tha front windows when its time for inspection anyway (2007..) cuz it wont pass wit tha tints but i'll worry about that 2yrs from now
Old 05-06-2005 | 02:10 AM
Advanced

I just got 20% all around. Looks PERFECT during the day, but a little too dark at night. I like it !
Old 05-06-2005 | 07:59 AM
Reppin' the T-Dot!!

When I get mine back, I am getting 20% all around, 35 is the darkest legal for the front, but i had 20% on the Integra all around and it looked soo good. Having the moonroof helps as it makes the 20% appear not quite so dark. My integra had the dots tinted, bit of a bubble but that's partially my fault cause he told me to keep running my hand over it to help get them out for the firsat few days but I was lazy and didn't. It still didn't look too bad at all.
Old 05-06-2005 | 09:23 AM
Fk U, Pay me

its getting warm out again- i'm considering being a lawbreaker again too... 20% is lookin reeeeeal good right about now

:thief:

Quick Reply: How much was your tints & what % are they?