heres an idea.

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2005, 07:40 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
heres an idea.

I was thinking of ways on how to obtain more HP from our cars without using turbos.
Hows this idea,
for the weapon-r secret intake, there are 2 pipes in one.
I thinking of routiing the inner most pipe in the intake to an air filter.
Then for the outermost pipe, the one with a metal tube sticking out to put the rubber hose in, hook that up to an electric supercharger.
In summary, since the intake is 2 pipes in one, one inner pipe is use with a reguler filter. The outer pipe,I hook it up to an electric supercharger with an On/Off switch mounted in the drivers's seat that will work like the over-drive button. The other end of the rubber tube where it gois to the engine, Im just going to put a mini free form air filter.
So what do you guys think of this idea? Do you think I'll see a boost in HP?
Old 10-01-2005, 11:39 AM
Safety Car

Received 487 Likes on 249 Posts
Electric superchargers are a joke.

Think about it this way. Take your electric leaf blower for example. Pretty strong motor wouldn't you say? Well that's not a supercharger.

Superchargers and turbochargers work by compressing air. It takes a lot of power to do that. A leaf blower just moves air.

Converting electrical energy to mechanical energy isn't efficient enough to create a small device strong enough to compress air at a level that will help your engine.
Old 10-01-2005, 12:45 PM
All about JDM

I honestly think the best way to get more power is to get better airflow to your motor since forced induction is unfeasable for a good 98% of us. I've got the secret weapon intake on the way, and I want to get a custom exhaust built with a remus muffler. Im thinking about getting a voltage regulator too to make the engine more efficitent. I just really want to get my engine to breath better not so much for horsepower, but mainly for gas milage. Anyone else have other suggestions?
Old 10-01-2005, 01:28 PM
Registered Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 982.5TL
I honestly think the best way to get more power is to get better airflow to your motor since forced induction is unfeasable for a good 98% of us. I've got the secret weapon intake on the way, and I want to get a custom exhaust built with a remus muffler. Im thinking about getting a voltage regulator too to make the engine more efficitent. I just really want to get my engine to breath better not so much for horsepower, but mainly for gas milage. Anyone else have other suggestions?
Sounds pretty good, along with other general maint. stuff.

I just got 25.92 mpg with no highway driving on my last tank I should make a "How to get my gas milage" thread.
Old 10-01-2005, 03:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Custom exhaust + Remus muffler + Intake resonator removed = improved power and gas mileage

Currently my setup is this:

Intake resonator removed.. stock airbox, K+N filter, exhaust resonator removed

Its not loud under 3900 rpms, throttle response is GREAT and I've got good gas mileage.. my WORST being 24.5 MPG around town and up to 29
Old 10-01-2005, 03:24 PM
Instructor

I know that it is hard to swallow, but if we want real power out of our cars we have to go back to the old school way of doing things. Take out your motor bore that mutha out put bigger pistons in it mill down our heads so we get better compression get larger cam shafts and use the type II intake and heads. Then here is the big thing, WE NEED TO BE INOVATIVE!!!!. Try new things like the electronic supercharger, but if it does not compress the air enough then lets find a way to do with the elctronic supercharger. This is what I am working on in my spare time. Since it is so hard to get cold dense air to our enging I am designing a cold air box, that is going to have internal air ducts, and that air duct system is going to be filled with super cold freeon from the air conditioning system and these ducts are not only going to bring the temp of the air inside the box to much lower temp, but the intake pipe as well is going to be wraped in coils that are connected to the same system. You see these are all problems, but good thing about all problems is that there is always a SOLUTION!!! We just have to figure it out

And one more thing if the part you need is not made for our cars, then just go to a machine shop and have them custom built to your specifications
Old 10-01-2005, 03:56 PM
Senior Moderator

We cant bore our motors that much more..

But you CAN stroke them
Old 10-01-2005, 04:42 PM
All about JDM

Originally Posted by Ken1997TL
Custom exhaust + Remus muffler + Intake resonator removed = improved power and gas mileage

Currently my setup is this:

Intake resonator removed.. stock airbox, K+N filter, exhaust resonator removed

Its not loud under 3900 rpms, throttle response is GREAT and I've got good gas mileage.. my WORST being 24.5 MPG around town and up to 29
If I have the Secret Weapon Intake can i still remove the intake resonator? or is that connected to the stock air box. Where is the exhaust resonator at? Is it a simple thing to remove? Also Ken, dont you have a Type II head and what was it, intake manifold or throttle body or something like that?

I am the biggest n00b when it comes to anything to do with engines so bear with me, lol.
Old 10-01-2005, 05:02 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by mblackmarr
I know that it is hard to swallow, but if we want real power out of our cars we have to go back to the old school way of doing things. Take out your motor bore that mutha out put bigger pistons in it mill down our heads so we get better compression get larger cam shafts and use the type II intake and heads. Then here is the big thing, WE NEED TO BE INOVATIVE!!!!. Try new things like the electronic supercharger, but if it does not compress the air enough then lets find a way to do with the elctronic supercharger. This is what I am working on in my spare time. Since it is so hard to get cold dense air to our enging I am designing a cold air box, that is going to have internal air ducts, and that air duct system is going to be filled with super cold freeon from the air conditioning system and these ducts are not only going to bring the temp of the air inside the box to much lower temp, but the intake pipe as well is going to be wraped in coils that are connected to the same system. You see these are all problems, but good thing about all problems is that there is always a SOLUTION!!! We just have to figure it out

And one more thing if the part you need is not made for our cars, then just go to a machine shop and have them custom built to your specifications
and how u going to get larger cam shafts from?
im just going to do that turbo thing and little by little buy the parts.
Old 10-01-2005, 05:14 PM
Racer

Talking

WORD UP!
I wont be able to to things with turbo yet, Im waiting for parts.
I really want to experiment with electronic superchargers. I think it has a potential to increase some power but not as much as exhaust powered turbos.
I noticed some people say that it takes lots of power and makes the car weak.
If thats the case then we need to look at ways to make more electricity.
For any case, I think with electric chargers, it is alot cheaper than turbos.

The intercooler and the electric supercharger came in today.
Im going to use the electric supercharger to blow air into the intercooler and from the intercooler into the Weapon-R Secret intake's outter pipe while the inner pipe with still be use with the free flow air filter.
This way, there wouldnt be as much air restritction and the air going into tge intake will be cooler.
If it works, then Im going to find a way to make more electricity.
So what do you guys think of my plan 2?
Old 10-01-2005, 05:17 PM
Racer

As for camshaft and all that, I think thats out of the scope.
I mean unless you can swap it with other cars.

I think the only thing that can be done is the exhaust and find ways to put cooler air into the intake. As for increasing the fuel, I done think it can be done becasue the computer controls it.
Old 10-01-2005, 05:59 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by 982.5TL
If I have the Secret Weapon Intake can i still remove the intake resonator? or is that connected to the stock air box. Where is the exhaust resonator at? Is it a simple thing to remove? Also Ken, dont you have a Type II head and what was it, intake manifold or throttle body or something like that?

I am the biggest n00b when it comes to anything to do with engines so bear with me, lol.
Yeah you can remove the intake resonator and keep the cold air instake. The resonator if anything just blocks the cooler airflow from coming into the engine bay. You DO NOT want the be taking in the hot air from the engine bay

The exhaust resonator is just ahead of the muffler. I'm not sure of the difficulty.

Yes, I do have the Type II heads, intake manifold and throttle body.
Old 10-01-2005, 06:00 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Ysidro

I think the only thing that can be done is the exhaust and find ways to put cooler air into the intake. As for increasing the fuel, I done think it can be done becasue the computer controls it.
The C35 in the 2002+ RL is a good swap idea..

You'll need the C35 block and try getting the C32A5 (Type II) heads for it!
Old 10-01-2005, 06:07 PM
Instructor

I just got 25.92 mpg with no highway driving on my last tank I should make a "How to get my gas milage" thread.

yes you should
Old 10-01-2005, 09:29 PM
Racer

Yes, I do have the Type II heads, intake manifold and throttle body.
I dont know if Im asking too much but can you post a picture of your engine for reference purposes?

Also, can anyone that did an engine modification post pictures?
I'm interested in what you guys did to your engine.
Old 10-02-2005, 01:01 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by longeye23s
and how u going to get larger cam shafts from?
im just going to do that turbo thing and little by little buy the parts.
All you have to do is find a automotive machinest. With the correct specifications they can build you any thing, they will mill out the larger cam shafts on a CNC milling machine. If you design the cam shafts in autocad or what ever software the CNC requires, you just put it into the CNC's computer, load the the material into the CNC work area and push start. A good machinest can make any part you need, and more than likely it will be better than OEM or most other large aftermarket auto part manufactures. Turbos really help, but I still feel we need to get into our engins more, I think that the milling down the heads would really help, because if you have more compression you are going to have more power. Thats my
Old 10-02-2005, 02:15 AM
Senior Moderator

I dont know if Im asking too much but can you post a picture of your engine for reference purposes?

Also, can anyone that did an engine modification post pictures?
I'm interested in what you guys did to your engine.
I CAN take pictures, but a Type II engine doesnt look any different

Its the INSIDES that are different...

I'll look for some pictures of a Type II manifold's guts and try to do a side by side comparison, that would probably be the most informative way.
Old 10-02-2005, 08:44 AM
Registered Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Ken1997TL
I CAN take pictures, but a Type II engine doesnt look any different

Its the INSIDES that are different...

I'll look for some pictures of a Type II manifold's guts and try to do a side by side comparison, that would probably be the most informative way.
I think someone made a "How to get more power" thread in P&P that has pictures...

Got it:

Old 10-02-2005, 09:21 AM
Racer

All you have to do is find a automotive machinest. With the correct specifications they can build you any thing, they will mill out the larger cam shafts on a CNC milling machine. If you design the cam shafts in autocad or what ever software the CNC requires, you just put it into the CNC's computer, load the the material into the CNC work area and push start. A good machinest can make any part you need, and more than likely it will be better than OEM or most other large aftermarket auto part manufactures. Turbos really help, but I still feel we need to get into our engins more, I think that the milling down the heads would really help, because if you have more compression you are going to have more power. Thats my
i agree, but where? who? i mean who can provide this tool to make it happen, i think tuneing the engine is the right way, and i understand all about type II, but where can i get more info on the camshaft?
i think custom headers is a big thing to more air flow more better, mine is going to be made when im ready to do all that turbo thing.
Old 10-02-2005, 11:50 AM
OMG! Oh N0ES!

Ysidro can't use type-II heads. He has a 2.5 TL. This really needs to be more specific for 2.5 ownes vs. 3.2 TL owners.

I'd like to see the "electric" supercharger you bought, as the only REAL electric supercharger i know of is the king's electric supercharger which provides a 65% power boost for 12-15 seconds when you press the on/off switch, although it works more like nitrous.
Old 10-02-2005, 11:54 AM
OMG! Oh N0ES!

Don't forget that you need to decide on F/I or N/A.
F/I + high compression = not what you want.

Our motors are not magic motors. They work like any other motor. We just don't have ready-made aftermarket parts.

Increasing displacement, raising compression, and increasing fuel to get the correct air/fuel ratio will lead to increase power.
Old 10-02-2005, 11:56 AM
OMG! Oh N0ES!

There are ways around the ECU. IF you can get a piggy-back unit to work (Apexi S-AFC [the apexi V-AFC won't work because we don't have vtec] maybe?), you can adjust fuel. There are also mechanical ways to increase fuel, via increasing fuel pressure with the fuel pressure regulator, inline fuel pump, etc. etc.
Old 10-02-2005, 12:02 PM
OMG! Oh N0ES!

i agree, but where? who? i mean who can provide this tool to make it happen, i think tuneing the engine is the right way, and i understand all about type II, but where can i get more info on the camshaft?
i think custom headers is a big thing to more air flow more better, mine is going to be made when im ready to do all that turbo thing.
call companys like JE, KMS, Arias, etc. etc.
Old 10-02-2005, 12:09 PM
OMG! Oh N0ES!

The intercooler and the electric supercharger came in today.
Im going to use the electric supercharger to blow air into the intercooler and from the intercooler into the Weapon-R Secret intake's outter pipe while the inner pipe with still be use with the free flow air filter.
This way, there wouldnt be as much air restritction and the air going into tge intake will be cooler.
If it works, then Im going to find a way to make more electricity.
So what do you guys think of my plan 2?
superchargers and turbochargers don't work by moving air, they work by COMPRESSING air. You won't make more power by just increasing the amount of air going into the motor, you also need fuel. Running lean is not a condition you want, unless you plan to blow up your motor.

If your plan was to work, which it won't btw, you wouldn't want an open environment for the air to decompress (an exit for air to escape from which in you case would be the inner pipe). The reason why you need an intercooler when you use a real turbocharger or supercharger is because air heats up when compressed. I'm not talking about heating up a little bit either. The intercooler is like a big radiator, it'll take the heat from the compressed air and cool it with air passing through/by it while your driving, thus cooling the compressed air a bit. This allows you to run more boost and compress more air so you can add the appropiate amount of fuel.
Old 10-02-2005, 12:43 PM
Instructor

Find Shop that tunes imports for drag racing, those make most of there own performace equipment because they can make stronger more lighter parts than manufactures, or you can just look in the Phone book under MACHINE SHOPS and start calling, some body will be able to do it or they will at least know of someone who can do what you want.
Old 10-02-2005, 01:59 PM
Racer

There are ways around the ECU. IF you can get a piggy-back unit to work (Apexi S-AFC [the apexi V-AFC won't work because we don't have vtec] maybe?), you can adjust fuel. There are also mechanical ways to increase fuel, via increasing fuel pressure with the fuel pressure regulator, inline fuel pump, etc. etc.
Hi,
what you said about the mechanical ways to increase the fuel is interesting.
Have you install the fuel pressure regulator on your car? If its not too much of a trouble, can you take a pictures of the fuel pressure regulator in your engine for us? I and perhaps others would be interested in seeing how it is installed. Its for reference purpose.
Old 10-02-2005, 02:02 PM
Racer

I think someone made a "How to get more power" thread in P&P that has pictures...
Thanks for your efforts sane.
Old 10-02-2005, 02:45 PM
Racer

Heres a picture I wooped up with photoshop.
Id borrowed a pic from Mike. Thanks Mike.
It gives an idea of what my experient ill be.
the parts can be subsituted if need be.
From the intercooler the air will go into the place where the rubber hose is attached and to the engine.
Theres no air restriction because the air filter is still in use. The intercooler provides cool air to go into the intake and into the engine.
There is also an intercooler for dual superchargers. I'll look iinto that later.

Old 10-02-2005, 06:00 PM
OMG! Oh N0ES!

Heres a picture I wooped up with photoshop.
Id borrowed a pic from Mike. Thanks Mike.
It gives an idea of what my experient ill be.
the parts can be subsituted if need be.
From the intercooler the air will go into the place where the rubber hose is attached and to the engine.
Theres no air restriction because the air filter is still in use. The intercooler provides cool air to go into the intake and into the engine.
There is also an intercooler for dual superchargers. I'll look iinto that later.

perhaps i'm not clearly communicating this to you. IT WONT WORK.

If your plan was to work, which it won't btw, you wouldn't want an open environment for the air to decompress (an exit for air to escape from which in you case would be the inner pipe). The reason why you need an intercooler when you use a real turbocharger or supercharger is because air heats up when compressed. I'm not talking about heating up a little bit either. The intercooler is like a big radiator, it'll take the heat from the compressed air and cool it with air passing through/by it while your driving, thus cooling the compressed air a bit. This allows you to run more boost and compress more air so you can add the appropiate amount of fuel.
Let me make it even easier to explain.

1. If thats the electric supercharger you bought, or if it looks anything like that, you DID NOT buy a supercharger. Does this look like what you bought? http://www.esuperchargers.com/index.html If so, then yes, you wasted your money. That thing CANNOT compress air pass 1 psi, which is normal atmosphere pressure and what you breathe in right now. Also, its been documented that the plastic fins on these types of fans can break and go into your motor and cause more damage than it did to your wallet.

Points from here are based on the assumption that you really did buy a real supercharger or turbo.

2. Where do you plan to mount your intercooler and what kind of piping do you plan to route to your throttle body? Rubber hoses will NOT work if you're truly running F/I.

3. For air to stay compressed, it needs to be in a sealed environment. What this means is, that you cannot connect it to the weapon-r intake because air would not stay compressed because it all would escape through the air filter.

4. That little tube you think you can use on the intake piping is needed for the crankcase. The crankcase needs to stay ventilated, via either a tube to the intake or a mini air filter.

5. For an intercooler to work and not be dead weight, COMPRESSED air needs to be ran through it. Simply UNCOMPRESSED air through an intercooler will yield NO performance gains or results.

simply put, your not doing anything to increase the performance of your engine. You're simply just wasting your time.
Old 10-02-2005, 06:03 PM
OMG! Oh N0ES!

Hi,
what you said about the mechanical ways to increase the fuel is interesting.
Have you install the fuel pressure regulator on your car? If its not too much of a trouble, can you take a pictures of the fuel pressure regulator in your engine for us? I and perhaps others would be interested in seeing how it is installed. Its for reference purpose.
I haven't done it, buts its nothing new to the automotive world. The problem with increasing fuel pressure to increase fuel going to your motor is that you sacrifice fuel injector life. You'll need more than just a fuel pressure regulator to make this work.
Old 10-02-2005, 09:20 PM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

this thread is really big in blowing up someones dream in getting more power out of our stock engines with no Aftermarket support...

1... It was just an idea... If it'll work or not... who knows...

2... Let him do it... it might not get him the compression that he needs to get more HP... but...

3... His idea isn't all that bad...

Why??? Because even though he isn't going to get the air compressed into the engine... he will be blowing air from the outside and front of the car isntead of sucking up the hot engine air... Mike's picture (like mine) sucks up all the engine air because that is called a "SHORT RAM INTAKE"... the picture ysidro concocted would be more like a "COLD AIR INTAKE"...

If you guys remember what a SRI vs. CAI is... you'll know what i'm talking about...

My tip to him is to buy something more like this...

And then make something more like this...

That would work... not to get the compression but to get the "cold" air from outside into the intake... kind of like a fan blowing air into the engine... only won't have to be going fast to get the air into the CAI...

On another note... The more air you get the more fuel you'll need... and the more air and fuel you get into the engine the more exhaust you will have... meaning you'll need better exhaust flow too... (which i'm trying to get soon)... also, the more air and fuel and all that you get the life of your engine will be sacraficed like all other things when you are using them to the max... +1/2
Old 10-02-2005, 10:41 PM
OMG! Oh N0ES!

Originally Posted by spooky3ce
this thread is really big in blowing up someones dream in getting more power out of our stock engines with no Aftermarket support...

1... It was just an idea... If it'll work or not... who knows...

2... Let him do it... it might not get him the compression that he needs to get more HP... but...

3... His idea isn't all that bad...

Why??? Because even though he isn't going to get the air compressed into the engine... he will be blowing air from the outside and front of the car isntead of sucking up the hot engine air... Mike's picture (like mine) sucks up all the engine air because that is called a "SHORT RAM INTAKE"... the picture ysidro concocted would be more like a "COLD AIR INTAKE"...

If you guys remember what a SRI vs. CAI is... you'll know what i'm talking about...

My tip to him is to buy something more like this...

And then make something more like this...

That would work... not to get the compression but to get the "cold" air from outside into the intake... kind of like a fan blowing air into the engine... only won't have to be going fast to get the air into the CAI...

On another note... The more air you get the more fuel you'll need... and the more air and fuel you get into the engine the more exhaust you will have... meaning you'll need better exhaust flow too... (which i'm trying to get soon)... also, the more air and fuel and all that you get the life of your engine will be sacraficed like all other things when you are using them to the max... +1/2
it'll act like a CAI assuming he places the filter near the bumper. Even then, the fan acts as a restriction to smooth airflow. You also have to think that the motor works like a vaccuum and won't suck in any more air than it needs to unless you increase atmospheric pressure that it sees (i.e F/I). Its also a bit risky using a fan to blow air because its been documented that the fans will sometimes break sending shards of plastic into the throttle body which can either be sucked into the motor OR get stuck in the throttle body which can prevent it from closing when he lets off the gas and thus leaving him to drive uncontrolably into someone else or a ditch.
Old 10-02-2005, 10:50 PM
Racer

perhaps i'm not clearly communicating this to you. IT WONT WORK.
Yo man, dont assume everybody in this forum is thinking like you or are on your level. If you have something to contribute then next time do it in a better manner or if not then I dont need it from you.
Old 10-02-2005, 10:59 PM
Racer

I dont take it personally, I work with these types of people everyday that does nothing but criterize alot about other people's work, but they themselves dont have any tangible ideas, solutions, or ways to contribute in solving problems. Im done with this thread.
Old 10-02-2005, 11:14 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by cambo
it'll act like a CAI assuming he places the filter near the bumper. Even then, the fan acts as a restriction to smooth airflow. You also have to think that the motor works like a vaccuum and won't suck in any more air than it needs to unless you increase atmospheric pressure that it sees (i.e F/I). Its also a bit risky using a fan to blow air because its been documented that the fans will sometimes break sending shards of plastic into the throttle body which can either be sucked into the motor OR get stuck in the throttle body which can prevent it from closing when he lets off the gas and thus leaving him to drive uncontrolably into someone else or a ditch.
Yo Cambo
Like I said earlier in this thread. We need to put our heads together to come up with solutions to problems. All you are doing is being negative. Instead of bitching about atmospheric preasure why not try helping by thinking of a way to increase the power of the fan and direct it into a vacum chamber where the air pressure will be increased, And as far as the fan breaking why not use a aluminum fan out of a vacum cleaner? THERE ARE SOLUTIONS TO EVERY THING!!!! But I guess you need a positve out look on things to think like that.
Old 10-03-2005, 04:05 AM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

Yo Cambo
Like I said earlier in this thread. We need to put our heads together to come up with solutions to problems. All you are doing is being negative. Instead of bitching about atmospheric preasure why not try helping by thinking of a way to increase the power of the fan and direct it into a vacum chamber where the air pressure will be increased, And as far as the fan breaking why not use a aluminum fan out of a vacum cleaner? THERE ARE SOLUTIONS TO EVERY THING!!!! But I guess you need a positve out look on things to think like that.

He is being negative... but also speaking the truth... everyone in this thread is... just that it looks like everyone is beating ysidro's idea with a baseball bat... mblackmarr... you are right... lets find the best way to make this work so that he won't mess up his car if he wants to do it... not a bad idea... but might be a waste of money for the gain in HP that he would like... might as well save up for a real turbo...

Still just an idea... and i say... go for it... just make sure you don't compromise your engine...

The fan out of a vacuum cleaner deal sounds like a good one...
Old 10-03-2005, 04:30 PM
OMG! Oh N0ES!

if ya'll think i'm being negative, then whatever.

Its just funny to think that a group of maybe 10 guys on this forum think they can figure out a magical solution to increase horespower in an internal combustion engine. I mean, whats 10 guys compared to every tuner out there who actually know what they're doing? Using fans instead of turbos or superchargers, flex pipe instead of alumimum piping, etc. etc. Kind of reminds me of "ricers."

mblackmarr, as far as increasing the power of a fan to increase atmospheric pressure, if you're using an electric motor, you'll need MASSIVE amounts of power, which an off-the-shelf fan probably can't handle. Just look at the thomas knight supercharger, you need to add about 90 lbs of extra batteries for 15 seconds of boost. Your ideas were great and all, but they were along the traditional route. Thats what needs to be done. Our motors need to be stroked, have the compressions raised, etc. etc. if you plan to go N/A. Just remember, anything can be done with money.

As far as his idea, there were several fallacies in it that no one seemed to address. I addressed the fallacies. Now that i think about it, there's another fallacy that wasnt mentioned. Ever try to blow a massive amount of liquid through a coffee stirrer straw? That little flange for the crankcase ventilation pipe would be like the same concept and i doubt a fan would be powerful enough to do it. And even if it was, the air would become pressurised and i don't think a rubber hose would be able to withstand it. And if it were able to withstand it, the pressurised air would would depressurised with it entered into the intake piping, thus negating everything you just tried to do.

Think whatever you want. If this gives you more fuel to disprove me, then more power to you. Go out and prove me wrong, but when you do and it fails, i'm sure you won't be mentioning it.

One last thing, you never showed me a picture of the "electric supercharger" you bought. I bet if its any of the ones on ebay or anything other than the thomas knight supercharger, you just wasted your money. If you DID but the thomas knight supercharger, then well...you just spent at least $1200 that could have gone towards a turbo.
Old 10-03-2005, 04:38 PM
OMG! Oh N0ES!

oh yea, not only do you need to find a vacuum motor that can handle additional power and a way to make the power, you also will need to figure out how to give it power. Most fan motors use AC power, while your car will provide DC power. There's another obstacle you'll have to overcome in a light and efficient way because you don't want to be adding more weight to your car if you want to make it faster.
Old 10-04-2005, 11:08 AM
Racer

Yo man, dont assume everybody in this forum is thinking like you or are on your level. If you have something to contribute then next time do it in a better manner or if not then I dont need it from you.
i read alot about making more power, well i think ysidro if u think its going to work than go for it, try it. dont let peeps tell u that and trying to agrue with u. so go for it and let us know how it turns out
Old 10-04-2005, 11:21 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by cambo
oh yea, not only do you need to find a vacuum motor that can handle additional power and a way to make the power, you also will need to figure out how to give it power. Most fan motors use AC power, while your car will provide DC power. There's another obstacle you'll have to overcome in a light and efficient way because you don't want to be adding more weight to your car if you want to make it faster.
if u think about a turbo is air that weights, turbo is fource right! now let say u use a supercharger is using power from driving belt to make power. a "vacuum motor" may work or may not i dont know but the ideal of this so call "vacuum motor" is from a turbo/supercharger. i wont try it couse im working on a turbo project but ill would like somone to try it, it might just work..

Quick Reply: heres an idea.