headlight harness

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 02:29 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
headlight harness

My headlights were fogged up and instead of cleaning them which would require disassembly... I ordered some headlights with eyelids... but incidently they're JDM and DIDN'T come with the harness... now I'm out on parkinglights..

Does anyone know where I could pick up or order some harnesses for JDM parkinglights? I'm referring to the outermost lights on the headlight assembly, not the turn signals... (plus I'm missing the harness to my parkinglights on my turnsignals as well--they are the same harness but the length is too short to reach those. Don't ask about my wiring... they were all jacked up when I got my car.)

Or is it just better to take off the cover of these headlights and place on the backing of my old stock headlights? I'm just worried I'll break the seal and they'll fog up due to exposure..

Last edited by 石春林; 10-01-2009 at 02:31 AM.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:26 AM
'13 Hyundai Sonata

Received 99 Likes on 91 Posts
They are 1157 or 3157 bulbs I believe.

Just go to a salvage yard and cut the harness and re wire it to your car so that it is functional.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:31 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by TLin401
They are 1157 or 3157 bulbs I believe.

Just go to a salvage yard and cut the harness and re wire it to your car so that it is functional.
I have stripped many TLs (for their harnesses and other replacement parts >.>)... I guess I'm asking for a source to attain some JDM parkinglight harnesses for my JDM headlights. The foglight and main lamp both were retained when conformed into American industry... but the parkinglights were changed and the actual coupling? (no idea what the appropriate nomenclature is..) the thing you put your bulb in, it doesn't fit in the socket to hold the light in place... JDM is smaller.

off-topic: Unfortunenately I just got word from desired_speed he doesn't that that extra bar for me to try out the strut bar.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:40 AM
'13 Hyundai Sonata

JDM headlights should have the turn signal where our parking light in now. Well I know that some do.

I'm thinking it is a 87 bulb.

Follow this guide to try and figure it out.
http://www.taillightking.com/light_bulbs.htm

I know that Integra's have 67 bulbs in the license plate. If that is the bulb and you may need a harness.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:10 AM
Instructor

JDM headlights should have the turn signal where our parking light in now. Well I know that some do.

I'm thinking it is a 87 bulb.

Follow this guide to try and figure it out.
http://www.taillightking.com/light_bulbs.htm

I know that Integra's have 67 bulbs in the license plate. If that is the bulb and you may need a harness.
LOL, thanks for the info--I have no problem finding the bulbs, I always order LEDs from SuperBrightLEDs.com (to light my house as well)

I am strictly looking for the harness/bulb housing? port? whatever it is you put the bulb into. Basically, I know I'll have to cut my wires and solder a new one.
Old 10-04-2009, 08:16 PM
大日本帝国

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
I'd help you, but I don't think you want my parts, nor my experience.

~Cheers~
Old 10-04-2009, 08:26 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Go90go
I'd help you, but I don't think you want my parts, nor my experience.

~Cheers~
Whatever gave you that idea? Would love both! As for the remarks, I already retracted my initial comment... and emphasised on my admiration for your experience and car!

Welcome back, BTW.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:33 PM
Instructor

haha, nevermind. Found someone genuine enough to spit a little game and not try to impress others with "resources" such as "importing" items from up north in the same state... you don't have connections... and gauging from your obvious experience with cars... I think I'd rather keep a clean look opposed to a ragedy, broke-down appearance... I guess at night your car looks clean.. but then so do many girls woken up next to the next morning like "WTF?!"... low lights do wonders for aesthetics. You shouldn't put pictures imcriminating yourself... never knew how easy it would be to find you out... and find out how busted up your car looks.

And don't front... you're such a hater; you know damn well you were being facetious with that "offer" to help... that is why you and your fan-club tnhms81 claim friendly but only shot down ideas instead of replying with anything constructual.

Last edited by 石春林; 10-05-2009 at 05:36 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:45 PM
'13 Hyundai Sonata

Dude just a warning.

The mods are going to be all over you if you keep speaking your opinion.

Yes you can speak your opinion but you just keep putting him down.

You said that you are one that does not care about how their opinion will effect others but just don't say it.

Like someone once told me "if you don't have anything nice ot say don't say anything at all."

Yes Go90go went too far with some of the words that he used but you know what the past is the past and why are you continuing to beat a dead horse in a sense? Just let it go.

We are here to hep you not to argue.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:44 PM
大日本帝国

Man, I don't even know how to reply to that... so I won't.

Glad you figured it out, though.

~Cheers~
Old 10-05-2009, 07:08 PM
大日本帝国

Originally Posted by 石春林
haha, nevermind. Found someone genuine enough to spit a little game and not try to impress others with "resources" such as "importing" items from up north in the same state... you don't have connections... and gauging from your obvious experience with cars... I think I'd rather keep a clean look opposed to a ragedy, broke-down appearance... I guess at night your car looks clean.. but then so do many girls woken up next to the next morning like "WTF?!"... low lights do wonders for aesthetics. You shouldn't put pictures imcriminating yourself... never knew how easy it would be to find you out... and find out how busted up your car looks.

And don't front... you're such a hater; you know damn well you were being facetious with that "offer" to help... that is why you and your fan-club tnhms81 claim friendly but only shot down ideas instead of replying with anything constructual.
I've never hidden anything. I posted the thread EXPLAINING how I got it from Venus and WHY I got it from him. I know my car's fucked up now. I've never said otherwise. You can thank insurance companies for that. I also know that I can't even DREAM about going back to another show in the condition I'm in. I didn't even want to go to that first one and wouldn't have if it wasn't for a couple members here urging me to!

I wasn't being facetious. Anyone who spoke me about you will tell you that I wanted to help you from the get go, until you said the whole "not near our city" thing. Even then, I figured you meant what you said, which is why I posted that.

Jesus, grow up and get stable.

~Cheers~
Old 10-05-2009, 07:17 PM
'13 Hyundai Sonata

We are the last of a dying breed.

We need to stick together and get along.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:34 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 90 Likes on 85 Posts
We are the last of a dying breed.

We need to stick together and get along.

Damn I haven't been on for a while and all this is going on...
Old 10-05-2009, 08:14 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
come on..... just let the thread die. The question has already been figured out.