Day lights and high beams

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2004, 11:58 AM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Day lights and high beams

Hey I have a problem with my day lights and high beams
at one point everything was ok the day lights and high beams where working fine but then it stopped working some times it would work and some times it would not work I tried to change the bulbs but no deferens
any ideas what it can be
Old 11-17-2004, 02:35 PM
8th Gear

One more thing the high beam light indicator does not work
Old 11-17-2004, 03:02 PM
'97 2.5TL Premium

daylights? You mean daytime running lights? Are we suppose to have that on our cars? I don't know...I'm a total newb to this car.

I got a question about high beams though. Is there suppose to be a different way to turn it on? Cuz when I do it like how i would normally do it on my GFs corolla, by pulling it towards you...it just snaps back to place. The high beam works but only if you hold it towards you.

Hope you get your question answered AApero.
Old 11-17-2004, 04:29 PM
Safety Car

Received 487 Likes on 249 Posts
If you pull it back far enough, it will click into place.

Not very intuitive in my opinion. I always end up locking it instead of just flashing. I dunno about other cars but for example in BMW, you push forward to flash and pull back on the stalk to lock.
Old 11-17-2004, 05:54 PM
LDH
I

Originally Posted by vanz
daylights? You mean daytime running lights? Are we suppose to have that on our cars? I don't know...I'm a total newb to this car.

It might be a canadian thing
Old 11-17-2004, 06:47 PM
TL no more!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds like a connection issue with the module.

Check and make sure your parking brake is thoroughly disengaged.

Then check if there's a connection with the module. The module is located at the passenger side kick panel.

If they check out, then there's probably a problem with the combination switch (your turn signal switch).

Van, that's Honda for ya. All Honda cars have levers like that. My Explorer was the same as Toyotas too. And yes, DRL (Daytime Running Lights) are exclusive to Canada vehicles other tham GM vehicles, where they have been around in US since '95.
Old 11-17-2004, 08:56 PM
'97 2.5TL Premium

whew...I thought something was wrong with my high beams. I'll check it out again.
Old 11-17-2004, 09:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by vanz

I got a question about high beams though. Is there suppose to be a different way to turn it on? Cuz when I do it like how i would normally do it on my GFs corolla, by pulling it towards you...it just snaps back to place. The high beam works but only if you hold it towards you.

Hope you get your question answered AApero.
if the low beams (regular headlights) are off, pulling the lever will activate the high beams for as long as you hold it. On the other hand, if u already have the lights on (rotate light switch on stalk twice)...pulling the lever once and letting go will activate the high beams indefinetely, pull again to switch them off. hope this helps
Old 11-22-2004, 07:58 PM
'97 2.5TL Premium

Originally Posted by vishnus11
if the low beams (regular headlights) are off, pulling the lever will activate the high beams for as long as you hold it. On the other hand, if u already have the lights on (rotate light switch on stalk twice)...pulling the lever once and letting go will activate the high beams indefinetely, pull again to switch them off. hope this helps

Yup everything checks out. thanks guys.
Old 11-23-2004, 07:55 AM
Reppin' the T-Dot!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
The Daytime running lights actually use the HIGH beams but at a lower power, that's why both of those would be affected. Even if you have the headlights off and pull the lever back until it clicks, then the next time you turn on your headlights, the high beams will be on. I KNOW the Canadian cars all have DRL's, cause it's been law here for like 15 years. While the high beams on our cars are not the MOST intuitive, I don't find them that bad. Actually other cars, the FLASH is pull back and PERMANENT on for the High beams is usually push forward, this is to make it easier to "Flash to Pass" when overtaking another vehicle.