AhhHHHHH!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 09:41 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry AhhHHHHH!!!!

Okay, I wake up this morning to find out that my car was hit last nite. I had let my lil cuzzin borrow the TL for his damn prom and next thing I know, I'm f*#&ed in the ass. His dumbass didn't even know that the car got hit until I told him. Imagine the look on his face when he realize that I was not joking. I just blacked out the headlights and put in HID earlier this week too! Dammit!!! Pics will be posted soon.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:47 AM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

sorry to hear... What insurance coverage do you have??? FULL??? so you can just say that your car got hit last night and you havn't moved it since... Should get covered without it going up... since the car was parked and no one was there to witness...

BTW: ask ken to delete this thread if insurance starts investigation...
Old 06-26-2005, 09:53 AM
Registered Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Damn that sucks.

I was pissed at my mom cause she used my car for a day and it came back with a bunch of new rock chips up front.

Hit by another car though, that sucks pretty bad. Good luck with insurance if you go through it. If it was hit at prom, see if the place has any cameras on the parking lot, maybe they have a tape of who hit it. It's worth the try.
Old 06-26-2005, 02:24 PM
Instructor

ALRITE HERE ARE THE PICS...

:angryfire

SOME PICS OF THE BLACK HOUSING AND McCULLOCH 6000K HIDs

now I have to wait and see what insurance has to say...
Old 06-26-2005, 02:34 PM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

how does that much damage get on a car and you don't notice??? Beat your lil' cuzzin's ass for me will ya!!! Then again, looks like some dumb ass backed up all wrong and bumpered your car...

BTW: I like the Blacked out HL... and the Tails look pretty cool...
Old 06-26-2005, 04:15 PM
Registered Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hook us up on how you did the headlights
Old 06-26-2005, 05:00 PM
LDH
I

Originally Posted by UnsanePyro
Hook us up on how you did the headlights
search for the diy that demons rage wrote.

The damage doesn't seem too bad, but it is frustrating. I let my sister borrow my car and I guess when she had it valet parked they fucked up the passenger side, mostly the front door and some of the rear door. No one noticed because it was at night and my car is black. When I woke up the next morning to go to work and I saw my car I was like O_O. But if you leave the car dirty it isnt noticeable, but who can stand a dirty black car...they should always be clean
Old 06-26-2005, 10:28 PM
TL no more!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ouch!!! I'm sorry to hear about your little accident. But nice headlights and taillight mods!! I love the HID's. Do you mind taking a picture of the beam pattern at night against the wall??

In regards to insurance, you will have to file it under collision. So you have to pay your deductible and they will fix the car for you. In NC, the limit is at $1,800 and the rates won't go up. If the damage is more than $1,800, then your premium will definitely go up. But here's the catch, if you have another accident or anything that will make you to file a claim in collision within the next three years, then the insurance company will figure in this claim AND the claim you'll be make sometime down the road and then you'll definitely be fucked.

How do I know?? I was in the same position with my front bumper. Some a-hole, I'm guessing a pickup truck or SUV with a trailer hitch, backed into my front bumper at a parallel space. The damage is around $600. I talked to my insurance and told me the same story stated above. Thankfully, the damage was right where the front license plate is located so all I have to do is to buy a license frame and bracket and buy myself a nice Acura or NC State license plate and it will cover the damage. I'm soooooo ghetto.
Old 06-27-2005, 01:05 AM
LDH
I

yeah, i really was worried about my insurance and didn't want it to go up so I never did file a claim for my damage. Anyone have an idea of what vandalism falls under? A while back someone egged my car and the cop told me I could file a claim with the insurance and I was wondering what kind of a claim it would be.

Hopefully the bumper isn't too messed up because I can tell you a bumper+paint and install is about 900 bucks, I had it done at a Orange County Honda World.
Old 06-27-2005, 08:49 AM
TL no more!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vandalism falls under comprehensive and not collision so your rates won't go up but talk to your agent and make sure.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:06 AM
LDH
I

Originally Posted by WolfpackBill
Vandalism falls under comprehensive and not collision so your rates won't go up but talk to your agent and make sure.
I figured it would be under that, but it's too late for me to file a claim. Damn that would have been 100 bucks to repaint the tl But atleast the vandalism stopped but my car is pretty messed up, along with the tl and my moms car
Old 06-27-2005, 12:39 PM
Instructor

The bumper is just scrapped and a little paint job would take care of it. The only thing that's bad is the dent. Looks like i'll have to pay out of my own pocket cuz deductibles from my insurance will be just as much as getting it done at a local shop and like Wolfpackbill said, if I file another collision claim within 2-3 years, my premium would go up. Damn this sucks!
Old 06-27-2005, 05:35 PM
Khmer Pride

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
the scrapped aint bad,i had paint peeling off in the right front corner shit was black..and i use paint primer (white) n it looked much better now gotta buy the real paint n paint it n used clear coat. i also had a dent too on my fenders i pop it out n body fill it in..it looked decent to me..auto shop estimate it 1500. i was like hell no never.now on the works is my dam fenders..any one spare me a right side fender?? 3.2tl