98 2.5 TL Problems Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2004, 11:07 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
98 2.5 TL Problems Help!!!

Hello everyone, I recently bought a 98 2.5 TL.. I have been living in Dominican Republic for 3 years now, there are no Acura dealers in here so I need your help.
I have an electrical problem and a mechanical one.

First the electrical:
My driver's side and passenger's side view mirrors, my fog light switch, and my cruise control switch are not getting any power. The mirror swictch is completely off, the fog light (one bulb is missing) and cruise control only the little green light comes on. I checked the fuses they all seem fine, but I'm missing the fuse map for the fuse panel on the left kicker panel (left of the left leg drivers side), if somebody outhere can take a pic of their's and post it for my I would appreciate it. I have taken out the panels where these switches go and the wiring seems to be fine. If any body outhere has any experience with this I would appreciate it.

Mechanical:
There is this loud metal cling sound coming from the front passenger side, I think is the cv joint going bad or the engine mount or the shock absorver. The clang only happens when the engine changes position either by shifting from park to drive, when driving into a drive way incline, or when braking suddendly (this causes to front to drop a bit). I can feel the lound clang in the steering wheel and the brake pedals and feels like is coming from the back of the wheel well more towards where I seat.
Old 10-29-2004, 01:29 PM
Pro

sorry bud... no help here
Old 10-29-2004, 02:15 PM
Reppin' the T-Dot!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
If you pop the hood, have someone hold the brake HRAD, put the car in gear and give it some gas does the engine seem to move excessively? That would definately be and engine mount.
Old 10-29-2004, 02:55 PM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

Originally Posted by Quatro40
First the electrical:
My driver's side and passenger's side view mirrors, my fog light switch, and my cruise control switch are not getting any power. The mirror swictch is completely off, the fog light (one bulb is missing) and cruise control only the little green light comes on. I checked the fuses they all seem fine, but I'm missing the fuse map for the fuse panel on the left kicker panel (left of the left leg drivers side), if somebody outhere can take a pic of their's and post it for my I would appreciate it. I have taken out the panels where these switches go and the wiring seems to be fine. If any body outhere has any experience with this I would appreciate it.

Mechanical:
There is this loud metal cling sound coming from the front passenger side, I think is the cv joint going bad or the engine mount or the shock absorver. The clang only happens when the engine changes position either by shifting from park to drive, when driving into a drive way incline, or when braking suddendly (this causes to front to drop a bit). I can feel the lound clang in the steering wheel and the brake pedals and feels like is coming from the back of the wheel well more towards where I seat.
First off i want to say welcome to the forum... and YES there is help here... @ ELA.TL ... you are crazy man... ok...

About your electrical problem... all i can say that it has to be a fuse... when i get home i'll take a pic of my fuse thing if someone else doesn't beat me to it... I can tell you that if you have the time, go through every single fuse to check if any of them are burned and replace any that are... If it isn't any of the fuses it has to be the wireing... and i mean the wireing that is covered by the round wire cover stuff... maybe one of the wires is broken somehwere...

About your mechanical problem... The only way to know if its a CV joint is to call your nearest Acura Dealer and give them your VIN to check on their computer... you don't have to have one in your city or country... you just need to call the nearest near you... They'll check if your CV joints have been replaced because there is a recall on them... About the shock absorber... it might be, but that you'll only hear when your shocks actually move such as when you turn or suddenly stop that they'll bottom out and hit metal to metal... also, if your shocks have to much sag you might need to replace... so i doubt that its your shocks... but from what you said... might be... about motor mounts... Check with your dealer first to see if you need the CV joints, like that you dont have to spend cash... if they have been replaced then i suggest you start looking for some new Shocks/Struts... andysautosport.com has some for the 2.5 if i'm correct... i'm thinking of replacing mine because i'm going to have a 2.25 inch drop... so i'm going to need them... good luck... hope this helps... Maybe someone can freshen us up with some new info on the motor mounts...

Oh, just so you can check the struts... push on your car like if you want to make the front of the car hop (was fun to do as a kid to cars) make sure the car is off and in park... if you hear the shocks/struts bottom out... its your suspension...

Summerized the above for the lazy readers...
My best guess would be a Fuse for your electrical problem if not a fuse then its the wireing you cannot see that is covered...
My best guess would be your shocks/struts for your mechanical problem that is if you are having the problem only when you suddenly stop or your suspension is bing used...

Cornflake's Avatar... its bad ass...
Old 10-29-2004, 03:51 PM
Pro

spookey.. i meant I cant help him