Repairs to NAV and HID help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 04:26 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Repairs to NAV and HID help!

I recently had a few problems with my RL. Some genius left the lights on so the battery died, and now my Nav and stereo wont turn on. I need my 4 digit pin, but I dont remember that! I also had a problem with a headlight so I went aheat and bought 10k HID upgrade lamps to make it look cooler. Anyone know how hard it is to install these? I got a homeade intake on her now, it looks ok, but really helps her in the low rpm's! It also makes it more grunty when i realy push it, but its quiet untill then. Anyone know how to run video to my nav screen? I just saw a car with that done, seems cool! She is getting tint, and a stereo overhaul here Jan 4th yay! Thanks for all the help!
Old 12-30-2006, 02:00 PM
ABP CL-S 6 NAV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think most of the NAV codes of the Acuras are located inside the glove compartment or even try the Acura manuals. Dealers usually place codes in those 2 places when they work on cars.

10K hids are way too high and you will have problems with visibility on the roads. 6K the the better option, but I opted for 8Ks, but sometimes wished I stuck to the 6K ones.
Old 12-31-2006, 06:13 AM
Instructor

Please help me!!!!!!

About the stereo, I need help big time. My car thinks that it is stolen! I called everyone, and no help at all. I checked the glove boxes, and manuals to no avail. I called the original dealer and he said they dont keep records for cars that old . I called another dealer the one I got it from, and they said that they need to get the cereal # off the back of the radio, and that they can do this for $250! I talked to local mechanic shops and they wont touch the stereo on an Acura! The guy at the local stereo shop tried to let me "customize" it or bastardize my ride where he puts in a double din dvd player without nav for $2000 and takes off $250 for me selling him my old nav and stereo unit! Is there any place I can talk to to get this problem fixed? Its only a 4 digit #! If this bad service continues I think I am just gonna trade it for a lexus since they did help my mom with here for free, but I really dont want to.
Old 01-01-2007, 06:08 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would get the serial number off the back yourself, and call every Acura dealer in the country before paying $250. Someone must have it easy to look up.

No one really steals these radios to put in their accords so they probably would give it out over the phone.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:48 AM
Instructor

Yeah I just talked to the guy at my local tuffy he said he can do it for nothing because he is a friend of the family. I just dont have a good feeling working on new cars.
Old 01-02-2007, 09:01 PM
Instructor

This sucks! I took it to tuffy, and they took the radio out along with the nav and got the codes from the acura dealer. The radio works now! The problem is the number for the nav that acura has for my unit dosent work. They want me to bring it in to acura and get an updated unit, I dont want to know what that is going to cost. On the other hand, there is no decent junk yards near where i live either. Acura is too well made to find many in the junk yards in the first place. I am really hoping for help big time with this one. Anyone have any ideas with the nav 4 digit problem?