lookin at an RL..

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 09:15 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lookin at an RL..

Hey people, first of all i wanna say hi and it looks like u got a good forum going on here.. but I need help! i posted this in a different forum but it was slooooooooww..
I'm looking at buying a second car as a DD since my truck is not gonna be able to take me to school everday..So i was looking at this RL.. http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...adExists=true#
Is that a good price? It seems to me like it is.. it has 195,000 miles and is not salvage and the interior is really good... Any tips would be greatly appreciated. anything i should be looking out for? thanx
Old 08-11-2008, 09:33 PM
Instructor

looks like its in pretty nice shape,price seems to be good also ....check it out ..make sure you take it to a mechanic first......needs a good cleaning
Old 08-11-2008, 11:55 PM
4th Gear

any specific stuff i should be looking for?
Old 08-12-2008, 12:30 AM
Instructor

check the trans..make sure it shifts good no banging noise when shifting from park to reverse and drive, check the fluids ,make sure they dont smell burnt...make sure the ac works as well as the heat check that no dash lights are on ......check engine or tcs light....abs light, take it for a ride to see overall how it feels ,power and handling ....If it were me I would let someone qualified do a diagnostic check ...to see if any problems with the engine, usually the engine light on would tell you there is a problem...sometimes the light can be turned off to fool people thats why I recommend a diagnostic check no matter what ...also run the vin # through car fax and see what comes up...hope I was helpful & good luck ..let me know how it turns out..
Old 08-12-2008, 12:41 AM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by GSARL
check the trans..make sure it shifts good no banging noise when shifting from park to reverse and drive, check the fluids ,make sure they dont smell burnt...make sure the ac works as well as the heat check that no dash lights are on ......check engine or tcs light....abs light, take it for a ride to see overall how it feels ,power and handling ....If it were me I would let someone qualified do a diagnostic check ...to see if any problems with the engine, usually the engine light on would tell you there is a problem...sometimes the light can be turned off to fool people thats why I recommend a diagnostic check no matter what ...also run the vin # through car fax and see what comes up...hope I was helpful & good luck ..let me know how it turns out..
yea u were thanks a lot i will be sure to let u know if i get it
Old 08-14-2008, 04:28 PM
4th Gear

Well I ended up buying it. It drives super smooth, tranny shifts great all fluids were good. It is a high mileage car but i could not pass it up. I lowered the price to 3500. I love it!! the interior is seriously immaculate.. Ill post pics as soon as i get it back(getting detailed and smogged).. Looks like ive become a permanent member My name is manuel by the way :>
Old 08-14-2008, 05:01 PM
Instructor

Good luck bro It looks like your part of the family now.....lets see some pics as soon as possible ....peace