Old 07-30-2009, 07:09 PM
Jeff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help

SRS indicator light is on how do I shut it off? 2000 RL
Old 07-30-2009, 09:12 PM
Intermediate

I had the same problem. I believe there is a posting somewhere on here. If I remember correctly, under the driver side dash board near the parking brake, there is a yellow wire with a rectangular-like socket. I used a paper clip by inserting both ends of the clip in each opening on the socket. This reset the light immediately. (You may want to try googling it as well)
Old 07-30-2009, 09:16 PM
Intermediate

Resetting SRS light DIY
My SRS light came on after i removed my gauge cluster and I have a friend who works at acura and he gave me instructions on how to reset it myself.
I can't believe they charge 30 bucks for this. Well here is the info for those who need it. I would scan the document but i don't have access to a scanner right now.

Notice that it says to use a SCS service connector, but a jumper wire should suffice. And the MES connector that needs to be jumped is a Yellow Plug that is under the dash cover. It just hangs when u remove the dash cover.

To erase the DTC(s) from the SRS unit, use a Honda PGM Tester (see the Honda PGM tester SRS vehicle system Supplement or the following procedure.

1. Make sure the ignition switch is OFF.

2. Connect the SCS service connector to the MES connector (2P). Do not use a jumper wire.

3. Turn the ignition switch ON (II)

4. The SRS indicator light comes on for about 6 seconds and goes off. Remove the SCS service connector from the MES connector (2P) within 4 seconds after the SRS indicator light went off.

5. The SRS indicator light comes on again. Reconnect the SCS service connector to the MES connector (2P) within 4 seconds after the SRS indicator light comes on.

6. The SRS indicator light goes off. Remove the SCS service connector from the MES connector (2P) within 4 seconds.

7. The SRS indicator light indicates that the memory is erased by blinking two times.

8. Turn the ignition switch OFF, and wait for 10-seconds.