BC coilovers and SPC alignment bits

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2019, 04:32 PM
not an SUV ...a Big Hatch

Received 89 Likes on 72 Posts
BC coilovers and SPC alignment bits

Hey strangers. I’m back after a long hiatus.

My 07 RDX is having the BC’s installed as we speak, along with the SPC front camber bolts, and SPC rear kit: hex adj camber arms and toe adjustment cam bolts.

I’m gonna be like dr evil and assume it will all go to plan. Haven’t read about others getting the rear alignment bits yet, I had actually gone to my local shop asking for custom fab (like “thewrench116’s”) to get the rear in check when we stumbled across the parts being available.

Also planning a spacer in the rear only, as appropriate. 5mm maybe?

i will share pics and specs when it’s done. Maybe I missed where peeps have the rear bits already, but I hadn’t seen em in use yet.
Old 07-15-2019, 04:36 PM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
it will ALL be dependent on your height you choose...... if you choose to stay relatively conservative and camber is close to stock specs, not really any need to add the rear bits....

however, if you choose to slam it and want to add negative camber or want to get the camber in spec, then YES...the rear bits will be necessary....

it's all dependent on what you choose to do...
Remember CAMBER does not eat tires..
out of spec TOE will eat tires.
Old 07-15-2019, 04:59 PM

Yeah man, I’ve had the eibachs for years and they designed the progress roll bar a while back on my car.

I was previously able to align the rear juuuust barely into camber spec, but the toe has been cupping and eating my tires for years.

I’ll sit it low, not tucked, but just at/above the tire.
Old 07-15-2019, 05:15 PM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
TOE is adjustable...
if your tires were cupping, just get an alignment!
Old 07-15-2019, 06:06 PM

But not enough though. My toe has been outta whack for some time. I should have +/- 2 degrees toe adj now. Apparently you need to lengthen a slot on the body to get full adj.

Im actually gonna keep some camber in it like 1.5-2 degrees for now..plus I’ll need new tires anyhow so I’ll feel out the turn in, any rubbing and stuff on these old tires.. I’ll probably roll the rear fenders too.

On a a side note I got a full F&R brembo gran turismo Bbk for an 02 WRX over here that I’m gonna see if there’s any way to make usable with brackets & custom hats/rotors if need be. (The bugeye got totaled) Wish me luck!