Potential Electrical Problem... ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 07:59 PM
Null and proud of it

Received 898 Likes on 788 Posts
Potential Electrical Problem... ?

I'm having random "intermittent" problems with the RDX...

Three weeks ago, the drivers window was shattered while driving.... After replacing the window the fallowing day, while using the "Auto-Up" feature, the drivers window went up, and automatically went back down 3/4 the way... It does this frequently, so I quit using "Auto" and went back to holding the switch...

I also noticed the Series XM information displays a more "vague" station description atop the stack... In my case, now says "Rock" vs. "Octaine 37"... this happened around that time...

About 10 days ago, the key got stuck in the ignition... It would start the vehicle, and be able to use ignition, but was unable to turn off "Accesory" mode, or be removed all together... Which, about 8 hours later, lead to a AAA call for a jump.... After getting to the next destination, it came out, but it was hard as he**...

The dealer claimed the key was bad, even though it was the gray valet key because I don't like the switchblades... The switchblade was hanging on the same ring..

I have a valet key, and two switchblades...

According to the dealer, two of the three keys were bad, even though they're both look brand new...

They also claimed to change the airbag, which Seems untouched...

The dealer had it for approximately two hours...

They recommend putting graphite on the keys, running it through the ignition, which we did... I haven't had a problem since...

This last Monday, I unlocked the door, set the key on a table, and went to the vehicle (I know it locks itself after 30 seconds, it's not that), after opening the drivers door, all of the doors locked, and couldn't be unlocked by the unlock button on the drivers door, I had to walk back and unlock it with the fob....

It's done one this a few times, but not the past couple of days... Also, locked by itself after turning off the engine and removing the key, and opening the drivers door...

Im about to get out and door locks and I need to push unlock to get the doors up unlock... Drivers door is already open... It's done this four times... Monday and Tuesday...

Im at a loss... It's working well now, but I want to get an idea of what to fix... If anyone can contibute and urging, id greatly appreciate it...

Thank You fellow AcuraZiner's!!!

Last edited by Midnight Mystery; 01-12-2017 at 08:06 PM.
Old 01-13-2017, 01:47 PM
Null and proud of it

Hello everyone, I need to bump this thread, thanks...
Old 01-14-2017, 01:55 AM
Drifting

Received 480 Likes on 421 Posts
Originally Posted by Midnight Mystery
Hello everyone, I need to bump this thread, thanks...
If the door switches (dome and dash door ajar lamp) are working properly then your MICU is probably defective. If the door switch is not working properly then find open in the wire between the door switch and the MICU and/or replace the defective door switch.
Old 01-31-2017, 09:33 PM
Null and proud of it

After having the key stuck again, and having the RDX to "fail to start" yesterday, as the ignition wasn't powering the starter, we brought it to the dealer, and after a quick diagnosis, I need a new ignition assembly...

They said its common on the RDX, as they've seen 8 or 9 RDX ignitions to fail...

According to the service advisor were lucky, when the key gets sticks they usually have to cut it... But mine comes out after it divides to stop being stuck...

Anyway, I needed to be somewhere else today, and for the next few days, so they gave us a deal with Enterprise for a rental... $28.00/Day x 4 days!!!

I'm driving an awesome 2016 Hyundai Elantra GT!!!

The steering is very heavy, and it is quite, well, fast!!!

I really do miss being being in a Kia or Hyundai... 1/25/16 was when I lost my poor Kia Sportage!!!

But yeah, 173 HP makes this little five door fly!!!
Old 02-03-2017, 12:30 PM
Null and proud of it

Old 02-03-2017, 12:40 PM
Null and proud of it

This is the 2016 Hyundai Elantra GT I rented... Very nice... It has 173 HP and I achieved 0-60 in 7.64 seconds with approximately 50lbs of groceries, items, etc... Plus a passenger... About 45° outside, 450 ft. above sea level...

I find ins it to be very fast for 2.0 I4, and the steering is very heavy and not overly sensitive like in the RDX... It takes some effort to move it off center, which gives me added confidence...

It it has adaptive steering, comfort, normal, and sport... And is also equipped with dual stake heated cloth seats... Far exceeding my expectations!!!

Ultamatly, I still love Kia's and Hyundais... I hate to give it back...

I also achived 37.+ MPG!!!

It has acceptable low-end torque, not much mid-range, and excellent high-end... I.E., the louder the engine gets, the faster you go!!!

It also will downshift if I want it to, who's I dearly miss being able to do!!!

Pretty much what I like...