Navigation and audio not working

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 11:54 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Navigation and audio not working

Hello all. I am new to this site and live over 100 miles from the dealership. My Navi system (07 RDX tech pkg) recently went out and won't come back up. I was pulling into a parking lot and hit a bump and the speakers made this horrible squeal/screeching noise. A dialog box came up that I've never seen and I chose to exit it. This happened about 4 times before the system went completely out. I'm wondering if the nav dvd got interupted when I hit the bump. I was thinking about taking the dvd out and inserting it but I can't get the plate cover off. I am a female. Any suggestions?
Old 11-29-2011, 03:39 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey, i currently have a very simular problem. i too have a 2007 rdx. My navi system recently said disc read error and stopped working. I popped the cover plate off which can be a little tough to get off but if you just stick a flat head screw driver on the bottom side of the cover and pull up carefully it should pop right off. I opened mine up and pulled the disc out to find that the disc had a deep scratch that went all the way around the perimeter of the disc. I asked the dealership about it and they said they have a note that says that this happens a lot and is likely due to some dirt or debris getting in the unit. They suggested i replace the whole unit as a new disc may also get scratched. Seeing is how im in canada and its an american vehicle, not sure it they will replace it for me or not. I am currently waiting to hear back from acura canada as to whether they will replace it for me or not as this is something that happens a lot. Btw, to replace the unit im told is approx 4 grand. If there is anyone else out there who has had this problem, please let me know what you did to resolve it. I really hope your disc just bumped loose or something. also, dont think the navi disc and speaker system are really connected in any way so dont know why they made that sound. anyways, good luck
Old 11-30-2011, 11:24 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 609 Likes on 493 Posts
Take it to a good shop and see if they have an aftermarket system for less (you can buy a lot of sound/NAV for $4k*).

*reminds me of the C&D issue I just read with the Infinity M56S wheel that costs $1,536ea. Give me a break stealership.