Broken wastegate

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2017, 08:57 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Broken wastegate

The spring in my wastegate broke and I have been unable able to find a direct replacement for it. Curious if anybody has had this issue and what was done to fix it. I really don't want to put a couple grandays into it at this point.
Old 11-07-2017, 11:00 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 229 Likes on 204 Posts
Long ago for a different car, I was able to get by with finding a match at a hardware store of all places. If you have the spring out and know the specs, you may be able to find a match.
Old 11-07-2017, 06:56 PM
CSmoney28

Received 164 Likes on 144 Posts
Contact blouch performance turbo they will make you a custom one for around one hundred and fifty dollars. There going to one for me soon as well as a turbo rebuild upgrade. That’s the only option I know of because acura doesn’t sell just a wastgate only the whole turbo setup. Also, no aftermarket companies make one either.
Old 06-12-2018, 04:15 PM
Cruisin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CSmoney28
Contact blouch performance turbo they will make you a custom one for around one hundred and fifty dollars. There going to one for me soon as well as a turbo rebuild upgrade. That’s the only option I know of because acura doesn’t sell just a wastgate only the whole turbo setup. Also, no aftermarket companies make one either.
Have you (or anybody else reading this) done this? I'm 99% sure the issue with my turbo is the wastegate and I would *LOVE* to just buy a custom one from Blouch instead of buying a brand new turbo ($3K+ !!!)

Basically I'm trying to find out if this is actually a reasonable option...
Old 06-12-2018, 09:41 PM
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
I didn't know Blouch made wastegates for our cars.

I spoke with them about a month ago (oddly after sending a reply, my emails seemed to have a [spam] indication on them even though I'm trying to do some sort of business with them and I never heard from them again). But the brief message I did receive is that you can purchase a TurboSmart universal wastegate, you just have to get a bracket custom made to attach to the turbo.

I hope someone from the modification group of this place to chime in and confirm that the stock spring is an 11 psi?

-Shane