Battery drains fast

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 09:36 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Battery drains fast

While washing my RDX at home few times the battery drained in about one hour with only radio on. Then one time I left key in the ignition position one with radio off but the battery drained again. So next time I left the key in position one on purpose and made sure that radio, lights, AC, and everything else I can think of were turned off but the battery still drained by the time I finished washing. Took the car to Autozone to check battery and they said the battery is very good with more than 90% life remaining. Never had problems with cranking. I noticed that if the key is in ignition position one and I turn off everything, I feel slight vibrations from the area where navigation dvd reader is located. It seems that dvd keeps spinning regardless whether you use navigation or not. Could this drain the battery so fast? While I am not the fastest car wash on the planet, it is hard to believe that the battery drains this fast when engine is not running. Does anyone else have the same problem? Any suggestions?
Old 11-22-2011, 11:23 AM
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by lndiferrent
While washing my RDX at home few times the battery drained in about one hour with only radio on. Then one time I left key in the ignition position one with radio off but the battery drained again. So next time I left the key in position one on purpose and made sure that radio, lights, AC, and everything else I can think of were turned off but the battery still drained by the time I finished washing. Took the car to Autozone to check battery and they said the battery is very good with more than 90% life remaining. Never had problems with cranking. I noticed that if the key is in ignition position one and I turn off everything, I feel slight vibrations from the area where navigation dvd reader is located. It seems that dvd keeps spinning regardless whether you use navigation or not. Could this drain the battery so fast? While I am not the fastest car wash on the planet, it is hard to believe that the battery drains this fast when engine is not running. Does anyone else have the same problem? Any suggestions?
First time i experienced dead battery (car just sitting in the garrage)dealer replaced bluetooth and battery, after 6 mos with new OEM battery my battery went dead again twice, dealer told me my battery is fine and they will only recharged the battery. i found out that the OEM battery has only 450 CCA so i juz bought a better battery, Optima Redtop battery
Old 01-13-2012, 10:44 AM
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Do you have a navi system? the DVD drive is still running if you are in the ACC on mode, I can feel the vibration from the drive on the shifter column even if everything else is off
Old 01-13-2012, 06:00 PM
Bruin

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I had a similar problem in a previous car, and once I replaced the battery it was fine.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:05 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I keep asking the dealership to check the battery. Allways the same, within specs. Then one day 20 miles from home it failed, Thank God for AAA. As soon as I got home, Optima Red Top Battery!
Old 01-15-2012, 09:01 AM
4th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2010 RDX Tech

This is my -automotive helpless- wifes car and I need it to be bulletproof.

I have had very little confidence in the starting power of this battery since we bought the car. I just told myself to believe in Honda engineering and that got us through 1 winter of painfully slow Minnesota winter starts.

Then I tinted the front windows this last fall and had run the radio with the doors open for about an hour and a half and it was totally dead. (i've done this on many cars without issue). So I went to the dealer....

I got the run-around, in-spec, here is the printout, baloney from the dealer so I bought a Costco Kirkland battery. Great stats, super cheap, 84 month warranty.... And the starter sounds like its going to fly off the car when you hit the key. Awesome!