2007 Acura RDX Front seats

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 06:03 PM
JHF
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 Acura RDX Front seats

What does everybody think of the RDX's front seats? After only a month, my driver's seat has become much softer - I guess it takes awhile to get broken in - and more comfortable than it was at first.
Old 08-01-2007, 06:41 PM
Instructor

mine are definitely softer after a month as well...but i'm not sure if that's a good thing...does that mean it will wear out sooner?
Old 08-02-2007, 04:07 PM
4th Gear

I've had my RDX just two days and the driver's seat seems a bit narrow. I can feel the seat bolsters towards the back of the seat almost digging in on each side of my a$$. Don't have a wide bottom, just somewhat flat.

Never felt this on the test drive, but a 10 minute test drive will not compare to the two hours a day I spend driving. I'm almost ready to return the vehicle because of this, but I thought I'd give it a chance to smooth out a bit.

Hope it does or this will be a very costly mistake.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:57 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My RDX gets better with age. Just past 5000 miles and ride is a little softer, seats softer, engine has more punch, and gas milage is slightly improved. Can't wait to hit 10k.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:10 AM
Racer

I just got back from a 3500 mile road trip in my RDX, including some 8 hour days of driving. The seats were very comfortable to me (the driver) and my passengers. I didn't need to mess with the seat adjustments at all during the trip. My only advice is to not put your wallet in your back pocket if you're going to sit in the drivers seat for hours at a time.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:55 PM
El Chulo...

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Talking sitting on a little piece of heaven...

I have had the my RDX for a little over 4 months now with 6K miles driven, one long road trip and a whole lot of fun in between. For me the RDX has been by far the most comfortable ride I have ever driven. The driver seat is amazing (its like my own little cockpit). Heck even the passangers are riding in style my friends and family gave it top ratings... Overall the RDXturbo is an extremly comfortable ride for the handling it gives you
Old 08-03-2007, 09:01 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by ProgHappy
I'm almost ready to return the vehicle because of this, but I thought I'd give it a chance to smooth out a bit.

Hope it does or this will be a very costly mistake.
Just curious, how would you go about 'returning the vehicle'? Didn't think that was possible with the no cooling off period, coupled with the fact that you've but some miles on the car now?
Old 08-04-2007, 06:25 AM
4th Gear

Returning the car

Kilroy,

It's been some time since I checked into this, but I believe in my state (Georgia) you can return a car for a refund within three days. It's not anything the car dealers want you to know. You may have to pay a per mileage fee as well.

We have some pretty good lemon laws here, too.
Old 08-04-2007, 09:40 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by ProgHappy
Kilroy,

It's been some time since I checked into this, but I believe in my state (Georgia) you can return a car for a refund within three days. It's not anything the car dealers want you to know. You may have to pay a per mileage fee as well.

We have some pretty good lemon laws here, too.
I think this is a common misconception. See below. I guess you could inquire with your dealership and see what they say, but I don't think they have a legal obligation to take the car back.

from the Governor's office of Consumer Affairs website:
http://www.georgia.gov/00/article/0,...477231,00.html

"What contracts cannot be canceled within three business days?
...The three-day cancellation right does not apply if the contract was: Entered into at the merchant’s regular place of business (for example, a retail store, new car dealership or used car lot), a craft fair, or a vehicle auction or tent sale..."

I'm sorry you don't like the car. I bought mine last Oct and still love it. We've taken a couple of road trips and both find the front seats to be very comfortable and we aren't small people.
Old 08-04-2007, 01:55 PM
Racer

Yeah, those 3 day return laws are designed to protect the consumer from high-pressure door-to-door salesmen. They do not apply when you go to the dealer on your own. If I could always return a car no-questions-asked, what's to stop me from borrowing a Ferrari for the weekend every time I have a hot date?

If you have any questions about how well a car will fit your body shape, you need to resolve them during the test drive. Acura dealers will happily give you as many test drives as you want.
Old 08-05-2007, 06:45 AM
4th Gear

To Tonia and johnny

You're both correct. And thanks for the link, Tonia. Much appreciate your efforts. As mentioned in my previous post, I needed to check into this myself. I remember asking a dealer (with my last vehicle) if they could deliver the vehicle to my house. They asked if I was trying to utilize "the three day return law".

I do like this RDX very much ... actually, I'm beginning to really love it. Just like a pair of shoes or a baseball mitt, the leather seats will conform with time. The tech package is worth it. Since I'm an audio junkie, the ELS system is outstanding. The ride is firm, a sporty ride, which is what I wanted. It corners flat. Steering is exceptional. The HIDs and DRLs were a must have for me. The driving position is perfect, not too high, not too low.

BTW, The seat did not feel this way on the test drive so there was no reason to continue test driving it.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:27 AM
Former 07 RDX Tech owner

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
For me the seats fit very well - and I have a pretty sensitive back. I do find that I want to try a different lumbar support setting every couple of weeks or so, but that is about it.

The only issue I have with the seating position is that my feet can't find a good way to set down. The dead pedal is just a hair too far to the left. It feels great for the first 5 miles and then my foot wants to wander and never really finds a good position after that which is completely neutral and relaxed. It's not in pain, it just can't find one position that makes it happy for more than a couple of minutes. The accelerator foot is mostly happy, but wants to try new positions after about half an hour. I've tried different seat heights and pedal distances, but it all seems about the same (if I ever do find the magic combo there I'm going to rue the lack of memory seats, though...).

Everything else fits great, though...