Manual conversion

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 07:45 PM
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Need FP first. Turbo upgrades are easy, problem is, nobody has even maxed out the stock turbo yet. We need to be able to run bigger injectors to even find that limit.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:14 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mucter
Need FP first. Turbo upgrades are easy, problem is, nobody has even maxed out the stock turbo yet. We need to be able to run bigger injectors to even find that limit.
So any k-series injectors won't work on a k23? Thats what I'm hearing...
Old 01-28-2012, 10:59 AM
WTF?

Received 243 Likes on 230 Posts
the K23 runs the biggest injectors of the Kseries if you want to upgrade youll have to get the ones from CT engineering or something from RC

Jay thats an awesome find specially for the comparison can the change the TQ stall to any range?? or did they say they pretty much have it dialed in to 1 spot? im sure with a tranny cooler added it would be that much better plus.. next question would be to me is if the drive shaft for the AWD in constant motion if so a lighter drive shaft would be nice too
and to add to it if FP came out for the RDX turbos with the DBW being tuneable with the tq converter that would make driveability a night and day difference
Old 01-28-2012, 09:00 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bluecarbonfiber
the K23 runs the biggest injectors of the Kseries if you want to upgrade youll have to get the ones from CT engineering or something from RC

Jay thats an awesome find specially for the comparison can the change the TQ stall to any range?? or did they say they pretty much have it dialed in to 1 spot? im sure with a tranny cooler added it would be that much better plus.. next question would be to me is if the drive shaft for the AWD in constant motion if so a lighter drive shaft would be nice too
and to add to it if FP came out for the RDX turbos with the DBW being tuneable with the tq converter that would make driveability a night and day difference
I know they are, but injectors for a k20/k24 should theoretically fit right in there though, since RDX injectors are commonly used in bolt-on RSX builds.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:26 AM
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
RDX injectors are used on all sorts of K builds. Any injector that's sized right for a K series engine will work with the correct electrical adapter.

That said, I would strongly advise against using anything from RC or any other manufacturer that uses a large style body injector. The design on those injectors is from the 70's... Do I really need to say more?

Anyways, for anyone serious about performance and quality, they need to be looking at a modern pencil style injector. Injector Dynamics (ID), Fuel Injector Clinic (FIC), Deatschwerks, GO Power, all sell modern Bosch or Denso pencil style injectors. The RDX injectors are made by Denso btw.

If we ever get FlashPro, I would recommend something like the ID1000's and a DW300 fuel pump for peace of mind.

Here's an image sent to me by the owner of ID comparing a few different injector designs over the years. RC uses tech similar to the era of the EV-1 in that picture... although RC's are actually using a Lucas body.

Old 01-29-2012, 08:36 PM
Intermediate

^^^ Very helpful. I'm in favor of using an AEM standalone, but we still need some kind of SH-AWD controller. Or something that takes care of the SH-AWD system.

Last edited by kingofthestreets; 01-29-2012 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Profane little bastard xD
Old 12-24-2018, 10:58 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually considering this

Hello! I am new but I am actually looking at helping a friend manual swap his 2008 RDX Turbo, since he's running about 18PSI through it and the 5spd auto is slowly dying. Figured I might make an attempt to revive this thread to see if there are any new suggestions.
Old 01-07-2019, 08:08 PM
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Hi,
Many time think something like that, but k23 not compatible with k-series manual trans, sh-awd is fully ecu controller with rdx trans and rear differential, minimal difference you get check engine light that disengage all, them conclusion is:
-sell all, engine, trans and rear.
-Buy 02-04 crv k24a1 engine w/5spd awd trans, crv 5spd wiring harness(compatible serie 1 or 2 AEM or kpro) and awd rear differential.
-buy turbo, whatever you want, many manifold is compatible with this head.

You enter in aftermarket k-series world.

Problem, this crv don t use drive by wire than rdx.

05-06 crv is drive by wire but not compatible w/aem or kpro, you have to piggi.

hahaha, i think too much.

Year after year is difficult to modify vehicles by adding many electronic systems.

See this awd kick ass civic (look like factory, blue):