Hidden Hitch Install

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 12:58 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Hidden Hitch Install by F.Rizzo

Another great job with pics! Thanks, F.Rizzo!
I know it's not an Acura accessory, but a terrific alternative to the Acura hitch.

Originally Posted by F.Rizzo
I am having a kind of D-I-Y weekend...

I installed a trailer hitch made by Hidden Hitch on the RDX this weekend. I dont do a lot of towing, but needed a place for the bike rack and occasionally pull a trailer from the rental yard with a Ditch Wicth or Cement Mixer. There are 4 bolts to install and the whole thing takes 20 minutes - if you stop and get a cup of coffee.

You can wee the pics of the Acura hitch on the various websites and in addition there is a member here that has the factory piece installed on his RDX. After seeing it, I thought it stuck out much too far and the safety chain hooks and tab for the wiring harness was too large and obvious. I wanted something a little more discreet. Plus the best prices on line puts the factory hitch at about $250, and for that kind of money I can get a fully custom hitch made at hitchmasters.

I found the new Hidden Hitch at e.trailer.com and gave it a try. Complete hitch and drawbar was $105 - shipped w/ no tax !!! All you have to do is buy a ball for the drawbar. After installing it - I can tell you that I think it looks much better than the factory hitch because it sits farther underneath the vehicle. It was so tucked under there, that I had a hard time getting a good pic from the rear and had to shoot from the side.

Acura sells the wiring harness for the hitch separately for about $100, so if I want to I can still get the factory wiring and not have to hack into the car.