AT&T Tilt 8925 TyTN II Bluetooth Pairing

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 11:10 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile AT&T Tilt 8925 TyTN II Bluetooth Pairing

I purchased an AT&T Tilt (aka TyTN II, 8925, Kaiser) and I'm wondering if it will pair successfully with a 2008 RDX Tech, which I am considering for my next vehicle.

It would be great to hear from someone who has done this successfully. I would like to know the details ....

Thanks...
Old 10-30-2007, 02:06 AM
10th Gear

It works for me.

Originally Posted by gadgetguy
I purchased an AT&T Tilt (aka TyTN II, 8925, Kaiser) and I'm wondering if it will pair successfully with a 2008 RDX Tech, which I am considering for my next vehicle.

It would be great to hear from someone who has done this successfully. I would like to know the details ....

Thanks...
Old 10-30-2007, 02:12 AM
B A N N E D

Try it at the dealer!
Old 11-01-2007, 09:02 PM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Received 1,806 Likes on 793 Posts
Originally Posted by jefauy
It works for me.
I am considering this smartphone as well. I had just returned a Palm TREO 680, which passed test with Acura HFL, but the Bluetooth was flimsy. It regularly locked up the the cars HFL (keeping stereo muted) and dropped 50% of calls dialed out. I returned the TREO and reverted to my RAZR V3 which has been flawless with HFL.

My questions on the Tilt:

1) Does it also do datalink for the AcuraLink server?
2) How is HFL performance? Dropped calls? HFL hangs up on one beep / try?
3) Does the Tilt seamlessly enagage the HFL when you enter the car (leaving Bluetooth turned on)
4) Does the Tilt seamlessly disengage the HFL when you shut off the car (RAZR message is HFL disconnected).
5) Does the Tilt handset reset to handheld mode when disconnect from HFL without user intervention (your next call is simply answered on the Tilt with no Bluetooth or HFL lock up or require settings changes)

Obviously the Tilt is too new for Acura HFL to have tested and publish the results, so I appreciate your being the Beta Tester!

I am seeking an ATT smartphone compatible with my RL for BOTH HF and Acuralink, preferably with both battery meter and signal strength. On paper, the Tilt has it all. But aside from simply testing pairing and datalink at the ATT store, I was hoping for some feedback on day to day usage and perfomance.

Cheers!
Old 11-01-2007, 10:50 PM
10th Gear

1) Yes
2) I don't think I got enough talk time to give you an accurate answer. I spent about 2 hours talk time since I got the phone and dropped 1 call, and that spot tunnel) is known for drop calls.

3) Yes, It takes less than 5 seconds after I started the engine and then I will see the phone icon from the center display.

4) There is no message to show BT has been disconnected on the phone. All I can tell if BT is connected or not from the headset icon on the phone menu.

5) This is a little tricky, I still see the headset icon on the phone after the engine was shut off for more than 5 mins while I stand close to the car. However it doesn't affect outgoing or incoming call.

I also owned a AT&T/Cingular 8125 and it didn't show signal strength the battery indicator on the odometer display. I also own the Moto L7 and it only shows signal strength.

I hope this will help.

Originally Posted by TampaRL
I am considering this smartphone as well. I had just returned a Palm TREO 680, which passed test with Acura HFL, but the Bluetooth was flimsy. It regularly locked up the the cars HFL (keeping stereo muted) and dropped 50% of calls dialed out. I returned the TREO and reverted to my RAZR V3 which has been flawless with HFL.

My questions on the Tilt:

1) Does it also do datalink for the AcuraLink server?
2) How is HFL performance? Dropped calls? HFL hangs up on one beep / try?
3) Does the Tilt seamlessly enagage the HFL when you enter the car (leaving Bluetooth turned on)
4) Does the Tilt seamlessly disengage the HFL when you shut off the car (RAZR message is HFL disconnected).
5) Does the Tilt handset reset to handheld mode when disconnect from HFL without user intervention (your next call is simply answered on the Tilt with no Bluetooth or HFL lock up or require settings changes)

Obviously the Tilt is too new for Acura HFL to have tested and publish the results, so I appreciate your being the Beta Tester!

I am seeking an ATT smartphone compatible with my RL for BOTH HF and Acuralink, preferably with both battery meter and signal strength. On paper, the Tilt has it all. But aside from simply testing pairing and datalink at the ATT store, I was hoping for some feedback on day to day usage and perfomance.

Cheers!
Old 11-02-2007, 05:51 AM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Received 1,806 Likes on 793 Posts
Thanks jefauguy!

I may pick up a Tilt this weekend and give it the 30 day try. After a week or so with the TREO it was very apparent to me it was going back. The Tilt seems to have it all.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:22 AM
Carlos MDX 2007

AT&T Tilt user on MDX

I have a Tilt and have been using it on my MDX (I know, sacre bleu...a MDX user amongst us). My experience is that as a phone it works flawlessly. Only had one bluetooth drop and that was on a hour long con call which I quickly said "transfer" and it re-aquired. However the issues have been:

1- No contact synchronization
2- No phonebook synchronization

and mainly

3- I have not been able to get the Acuralink data connection going. I spent 30 minutes with it yesterday fiddling around with several data connection settings and putting my phone on modem mode etc. and only succeeded in locking up the phone's data modem (which is fixed with a soft reset).

Has anyone been able to get the data connection to work?

PS. I love the phone itself and highly recommend it but am bummed about the data link not working.

Carlos