Strange Bluetooth HF issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 01:33 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Strange Bluetooth HF issue

alright boys and girls, i may have a strange one for you to help me tackle.

last week, the BT HSF system in my RDX decided it didnt want to work properly anymore. more specifically, there is no longer any audible queues coming from the system. the system still accepts and recognizes voice commands, however, you cannot hear any of the audible confirmations, or audio from phone calls can no longer be heard.

as such, i brought the rdx into the dealership. their technician is puzzled, as is everyone else in the service dept; this is the first time they've seen something like this. they called me and are keeping the rdx until at least monday, until they can contact acura in california.

with that said, has this happened with anyone else's BT HSF? if not, would anyone have any insights they'd like to share as to what could be causing this problem?

thanks!
Old 07-12-2007, 11:28 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have not experienced this particular problem. But I did have a problem with the Navi System not being able to voice the 'messages' properly, and sometimes not responding to commands with verbal feedback.

After two days, it turned out that the problem component was the XM radio unit. They had swapped out the Navi unit, the radio, etc. and finally the problem went away when they swapped out the XM unit.

Not saying that this will solve your problem, but make sure the dealer thinks 'outside the box' when troubleshooting. Who would have thought that the XM unit would have an impact upon the Message text-to-voice functionality?
Old 07-22-2007, 01:10 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well, i got my RDX back last week.

the short of it was that they replaced the HSF unit.....that didnt resolve the issue. they had to replace the entire head unit. tested, and everything's working like a charm again.