Delete Old Phone Book Entries

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2018, 11:17 AM
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts
Delete Old Phone Book Entries

Ok, so I can't believe I am going to ask this after owning this car for four years, but here goes. When I first took possession of the car, I believe I entered like six phone numbers in it using the audio voice recognition method. So when I listened to my phone book entries, there were the previous owner's names in there as well. I wanted to delete these obviously, but for the life of me, I can't understand their names, thus I can't make the system recognize the phone book entry so that I can delete it. I remember trying to find them in the system manually, but I couldn't figure out how to find them. I haven't really tried for the past 3 and 3/4 years, and I don't know what made me think of it now, but does anyone know how to delete phone book entries that were put directly in the Acura system. I usually ask Siri now to dial someone, but still, for my peace of mind, I would like to rid the car of the previous owner's. Thanks for listening.
Old 04-19-2018, 11:24 PM
mrgold35

Received 1,508 Likes on 1,176 Posts
From what I can tell in the owner's manual for my 08 RDX, you can only delete individual paired phones if you know/say the name of the phone is stored under. I don't know if the 10-12 RDX have different commands?

This is from page 267 from my 08 Owner's manual. It will clear all paired phones and data as if you are selling the RDX.
************************************************** ************************************************** *****************************
This operation clears the HFL of your passcode, your paired phones, and all names in the HFL phonebook. Clearing is recommended before you sell your vehicle.

Press and release the Talk button. After the beep, say ‘‘System.’’ The HFL response is, ‘‘System options are setup and clear.’’ Press and release the Talk button. After the beep, say ‘‘Clear.’’

The HFL response is, ‘‘This process will clear all paired phones, clear all entries in the phonebook, clear the passcode, and restore the defaults in the system setup. Is this what you would like to do?’’

Press and release the Talk button. After the beep, say ‘‘Yes.’’ The HFL response is ‘‘Preparing to clear all paired phones, all phonebook entries, the passcode, and restore the defaults in the system setup. This may take up to 2 minutes to complete.’’

Press and release the Talk button. After the beep, say ‘‘OK’’ to proceed, otherwise say ‘‘Go back’’ or ‘‘Cancel.’’ If you said ‘‘OK,’’ after a short period of time, the HFL responseis, ‘‘System has been cleared. Returning to the main menu".
************************************************** ************************************************** *****************************

Last edited by mrgold35; 04-19-2018 at 11:27 PM.
Old 04-20-2018, 08:31 AM
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts
Thanks Mr. Gold. Maybe this is why I haven't cleared out the old phonebook entries. Sounds like it is done all verbally instead of manual input. So basically clear everything and start over, or live with it like I have the past four years. I only have six entries in it for myself so not that hard to recreate. Like I mentioned, I usually get Siri to call the person I want, then I don't have to go through the two step process of calling someone from the HFL phonebook. Thanks again Gold!
Old 08-18-2018, 07:46 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can also go to "settings" then "personal Information" then "address book" and delete individual names.
I just recently purchased an 2008 RDX and had to do the same thing, delete 1 entry at a time. Hope that helps.

Sandman