Navi Hacks?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 11:43 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Navi Hacks?

Hello,

Anyone know if there are any navi hacks yet or will be available? never used the navi from Acura before but can you input info while driving? or does it require you to stop the car?

Also, anyone with a copy of RDX owner's manual to send us? thanks
Old 09-08-2006, 12:00 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dragontea
Hello,

Anyone know if there are any navi hacks yet or will be available? never used the navi from Acura before but can you input info while driving? or does it require you to stop the car?

Unless Acura has changed the way their NAVI works (I have a 2003 MDX), you can input while driving unlike the POS NAVI in my FX35.
Old 09-08-2006, 02:45 PM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts
Welcome -

1. https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129765

2. Search is your friend, do you have the RDX yet?

Hello,

Old 09-08-2006, 05:06 PM
Intermediate

Hello,

you can access all navigation fetures when your moving just the same as not. there are hacks to remove the safety screen and stuff like that. im waiting to see if the other honda video interfaces work with the rdx.

Landon
Old 09-09-2006, 09:13 AM
Missin my TSX =(

yup... thats the good part of acura... u can use it anytime...

does anyone know however, if there is something released yet to convert the navi so u can watch dvds? i had this on my tsx too

thanks, eric
Old 09-09-2006, 12:39 PM
Advanced

Don't have it yet... will pick it up early next week...

Thanks for the link to the TL/TSX navi info but don't know if all the systems are the same as on the RDX. Plus dunno if they made any changes for the RDX since it is an 2007 model. Thanks
Old 09-10-2006, 02:20 AM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts
Don't have it yet... will pick it up early next week...

Thanks for the link to the TL/TSX navi info but don't know if all the systems are the same as on the RDX. Plus dunno if they made any changes for the RDX since it is an 2007 model. Thanks

That is the most current information available at this time. Dealers don't even have stock to sell for this brand new model and you are asking about model specific hacks already

The point is that all Honda/Acura navigation systems so far are similar and have been using the same dvd with model specific information. Civic/RL/RDX/MDX have been most updated are are most current (few more features). The specific hacks will not happen for the RDX unless some of you buyers take it upon yourselves to dive into the system. Enjoy your new vechicle when it comes in.
Old 09-10-2006, 11:21 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by MR1

That is the most current information available at this time. Dealers don't even have stock to sell for this brand new model and you are asking about model specific hacks already

The point is that all Honda/Acura navigation systems so far are similar and have been using the same dvd with model specific information. Civic/RL/RDX/MDX have been most updated are are most current (few more features). The specific hacks will not happen for the RDX unless some of you buyers take it upon yourselves to dive into the system. Enjoy your new vechicle when it comes in.

Thanks for the info... Understand it is JUST out in dealers but there are some insiders at Acura/Honda that may have info to divulge of any "special" features on the navi and who are reading this forum.
Old 01-03-2008, 05:35 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by boosted_dc2
you can access all navigation fetures when your moving just the same as not. there are hacks to remove the safety screen and stuff like that. im waiting to see if the other honda video interfaces work with the rdx.

Landon
HI there,

I just got a 2008 RDX and trying to search the forum for NAVI hacks and can't find anything. Can you please point me where I can find it? For starters, how to get read of the safety screen? Ors more complicated one - how to make it to support fonts other than English (for mp3 tags).
or maybe other thing I am not even aware I should ask about.

Thanks a million
Alex
Old 01-03-2008, 07:31 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Have not heard of any hacks except for the "splash" screen. The safety screen and OK button have not been hacked yet.