More HFL questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 10:28 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More HFL questions

I have seached the forums and yet i am still not sure....I have the Blackberry Curve and it paired really esily. I have set up my voice dialing also no problem.

For Incoming calls: Do i have to answer the phone and then transfer it to HFL or can i set up HFL so incoming calls are available to answer over the HFL system immediately without having to transfer? My issue is that i listen to stereo very loud at all times, and i won't hear my phone ring!! On my old car it would automatically mute audio and ring through the speakers....

For outgoing calls: When i dial a number from the phone keypad does it automatically switch to HFL? Because as of now it doesn't.

I searched the forums and found lotsa different answers but nothing specific. Thanks for all help!
Old 02-12-2008, 11:11 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
If paired correct and working correctly, it should mute audio and ring through speakers. I have not used a curve specifically though.

for outgoing calls it will not automatically transfer to HFL if dialed from the phone. You'd have to hit the HFL button and say transfer to do this. or dial from the HFL.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:03 PM
Cruisin'

I have the Blackberry Curve 8310.

When the phone is in (near) the car "Auto" appears on the "eyebrow" display.

When a call comes in the audio is muted, a ringing plays over the speakers and the caller-id shows on the MID. When I press the HFL talk button it answers the call and I can talk freely as if the person were in the car. Albeit I have the tendency to speak a little louder. This is the same tendency everyone I know for the last 20 years exhibits when using an ordinary office speakerphone. I also tend to talk in the direction of the HFL microphone. I wished they didn't tell me where it was... :-)

The only thing I haven't mastered in one attempt is the transfer when you to your destination and want to continue the call on the phone away from the car. I figure I'll have it by the third attempt.

Also my callers report excellent sound quality.

-Bill
2008 Acura RDX w/Tech.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:38 PM
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
STLBill...I take it you know how to do the transfer? It sounds like you do. It works like a charm in my car. All I say is "transfer" and I'm all set.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:14 PM
Cruisin'

Honestly, I like my new RDX so much I don't want to transfer the call to the phone and leave the car.

I am more likely to duck into it as a "phone booth" or quiet place to talk.

It has to be one of the largest bluetooth earpieces around though. Good part about that is my Fiance acidentally put my Jabra through the wash (because I left in in my pants). I don't believe that's possible with the RDX.

If the opportunity arises to transfer I'll give it a try. It sounds pretty easy. When I did it for the first time this week I may have hit the hang-up button instead of the HFL talk button. That would explain the results I experienced.

Thanks for your help!

-Bill
2008 Acura RDX w/Tech
St. Louis, Missouri
Old 07-17-2008, 04:59 PM
Advanced

I use my handset to transfer calls when I am exiting the car. Many phones have a method to manually cancel bluetooth for a particular call.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:43 AM
RBP Tech

Bill, on the curve while in a phone call if you press MENU/ACTIVATE HANDSET, you should be able to simply route the call from the bluetooth in the vehicle to the speaker on the handset.

I hope that helped.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:00 PM
Cruisin'

Thanks. I will give it a try. I really wished I could transfer my Blackberry address book. I guess you have to buy an MDX for that.