LG Voyager or Blackberry?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 09:05 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LG Voyager or Blackberry?

I looked at the Acura site and I found nothing on the Verizon LG Voyager. Anyone have any info on whether this phone pairs and works with the RDX?

If not, I will go with a Blackberry model, either the Pearl or another. I know the Pearl works because my daughters both have one.

Your help is appreciated.

Pat
Old 02-12-2008, 09:16 AM
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by patmryan
I looked at the Acura site and I found nothing on the Verizon LG Voyager. Anyone have any info on whether this phone pairs and works with the RDX?

If not, I will go with a Blackberry model, either the Pearl or another. I know the Pearl works because my daughters both have one.

Your help is appreciated.

Pat
I asked about the Voyager a few threads back....it is in testing with Acura. They promised to notify me when it is complete.

Mike
Old 02-12-2008, 10:23 PM
2016 MDX Adv/SHAWD

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
i have a voyager, everything that worked with my razor v3m works with the voyager...in short it works. Pairing was a little longer though, the voyager asks if you want to pair to car but if you hit yes on that the car wont pair. you have to go into the process to pair, tell the phone not to try to automatically pair and then go back into the pairing process and finish from the cars prompts....hope this helps!
Old 03-25-2008, 10:43 AM
Pro

So on the Voyager, can you give us an update? How has the bluetooth reliability been?

- Does it RELIABLY and FLAWLESSLY automatically reconnect when you leave the car and come back? My cheap RAZR v3c is rock solid in that respect and I worry about going to the Voyager and having to dink to get it reconnected.

- Can you still dial out and use the phone via bluetooth if the phone is locked to avoid accidental keystrokes? That's another thing I like about my v3c - I can lock the keypad, leave it in it's case, and still use it via bluetooth.

Anything else you've discovered?
Thanks,
Mike
Old 03-27-2008, 01:23 AM
2016 MDX Adv/SHAWD

yes it is extremely reliable if the phones bluetooth is on before you turn on the car....if you do turn bluetooth on the phone on while already in the car i found hit the call someone button then the end button quickly and it connects right away... as far as making calls and talking to people it is flawless...you do NOT have to worry about the "lock" on the phone, when done through bluetooth the phone responds. leaving and returning to the car the phone will reconnect as its supposed to...let me know if anymore questions.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:32 PM
Pro

Very cool - thanks Neo! I really appreciate the update....sounds like I might now have a candidate for my RAZR replacement.

Mike
Old 03-28-2008, 05:04 AM
Cruisin'

I would wait a month or so and get the Blackberry Curve.. Should be released to Verizon soon. I'm assuming you are familiar with your daughters phones, if you like them then the Curve will be pretty much the same but have a larger screen (great for internet) and a full keyboard (I had the pearl and didn't like suretype).
Old 03-28-2008, 09:28 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by neo1738
yes it is extremely reliable if the phones bluetooth is on before you turn on the car....if you do turn bluetooth on the phone on while already in the car i found hit the call someone button then the end button quickly and it connects right away... as far as making calls and talking to people it is flawless...you do NOT have to worry about the "lock" on the phone, when done through bluetooth the phone responds. leaving and returning to the car the phone will reconnect as its supposed to...let me know if anymore questions.
Wow...I guess I should have done more reading on the Voyager before deciding that I liked it. I did some homework last night, and it's not for me. I thought it was closer to the iPhone in terms of functionality than it actually is (AT&T doesn't do business in VT). No Wi-Fi, no easy way to sync with pc apps, etc... It's probably not worth the cost to me.

Thanks anyway for the update,
Mike
Old 04-01-2008, 09:57 AM
Pro

In case anyone is interested, I just got a note from Acura's HFL folks telling me that they have finished testing the Voyager and Venus - and both have failed the compatibility testing. Since others have had good luck with them, I'm not sure what really didn't work...but both phones are now listed in the HFL pages.

Mike
Old 04-02-2008, 04:52 PM
2016 MDX Adv/SHAWD

interesting, i think the biggest part was the pairing process wasnt quite as easy as i mentioned above, also like mentioned above if you turn on bt while the car is already on then you have to hit send then end to get the phone to connect.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:34 PM
1st Gear

Voyager with an '05 TL

So I'm still within my 30 days of cell phone purchase and I can not get the voyager to pair with my car. Can anyone give me a step by step process please???
Old 12-04-2008, 06:12 PM
2016 MDX Adv/SHAWD

i've done it with an 07 TL, biggest thing is turn off "auto pairing" on phone before doing this. then on phone click bluetooth menu---->make sure bluetooth is on, then click add new device, then let it sit there, you will SOON be pressing ok, but first on car click phone button say "phone setup" hit again say "pairing" it will give you warning about not doing this while driving, blah blah. asks for a number, just say "1...2...3...4" it will ask you to confirm, hit button say ok. then it will say searching for devices, NOW press OK on phone, you should soon see "HandsFreeLink TM" click this, enter pin 1,2,3,4 click pair. give it a second and it should say pair successful.
Old 12-05-2008, 07:11 AM
Advanced

Just FYI, for those interested. I have a Blackberry Storm and it works flawlessly in my 08 RDX.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:15 PM
8th Gear

I just picked up my '09 RDX W/Tech, and my Voyager paired with the car flawlessly. It all seems to work... but i've only had the car a few hours :-)
Old 02-23-2009, 09:16 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just got the new Nextel BB--seems to work great.