HandsFreeLink with iPhone frustrations

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2017, 05:42 PM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation HandsFreeLink with iPhone frustrations

i'm new to HandsFreeLink. upgraded to my 2012 RDX (with shawd & full navi tek package stuff) recently. i have an iPhone 7+ and followed the instructions in the manual to pair it up, but i have to say, i'm pretty disappointed with how it works. of course, maybe i just don't know how to use it very well.

when i receive a call, the car beeps, & i can answer it & hang up via the steering wheel.
when i want to make a call, pressing the steering wheel button does not always activate the iPhone's Siri for me to say "call so'n'so".
no big deal, i can just do that directly on the phone.
BUT, when i do, when i initiate a call on my iPhone, much confusion happens.
yes, the call smartly goes thru the iPhone. but then i tap the audio source icon & change it to use handsfreelink, it doesn't always make the connection, or it takes a really long time.
but worse, let's say i WANT to use the iPhone for the call, handsfreelink seems to not want me to do that & will (at random amounts of time) auto connect & switch the source. so, i switch it back. but then HFL switches it back on me again. so in essence, when the car is on, i cannot use the iPhone as my talk/audio source.

so, this is fine if i receive a call. no prob.
but when i want to either initiate a call AND/OR talk via my iphone, that's extremely problematic.

is this just an incompatibility or am i doing something wrong?
thanks.
Old 09-11-2017, 09:29 PM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
https://acurazine.com/forums/second-generation-rdx-2013-404/siri-eyes-free-will-mine-900746/#post14783034

Here
ya go...had it done on my '15 RDX with tech and works fine
Old 01-13-2018, 09:41 PM
6th Gear

I recently paired my iPhone 7 in my 2011 RDX Tech. Took me a few tries, but then my contacts weren't uploaded—thereby limiting the functionality to incoming calls (for which the volume seems awfully low). I very rarely use the phone in the car—even hands-free—so I'm wondering whether the hassle is worth it.

Anyhow, does anybody know (1) how to fix that, and (2) whether or not the Siri Eyes Free update would resolve this?

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-29-2018, 04:19 PM
1st Gear

I believe it is fixed!

Just upgraded to IOS 11.3, deleted my phone from my 2017 MDX, re-paired the phone and all contacts are showing up in the phone book and the call lists display the contact names.
  • Fixes an issue where contacts may not sync with a car’s phone book when connected over Bluetooth