Bluetooth HFL going south

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 09:46 AM
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Bluetooth HFL going south

I have a treo 700w, and up till recently it performed well with the HFL.
Now, in the past few weeks, I cannot use it... the bluetooth connection is in and out and callers cannot hear me well. It does not drop the connection completely, it's just as if I was at max range and it goes in and out. Any ideas what could be the issue? I tried moving phone around, and it gets somewhat better or worse, but not enough.
I tried removing the link and relinking, no better. Any ideas? Thanks...
Old 01-23-2008, 12:50 PM
'07 Moroccan Red Pearl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rdxny
I have a treo 700w, and up till recently it performed well with the HFL.
Now, in the past few weeks, I cannot use it... the bluetooth connection is in and out and callers cannot hear me well. It does not drop the connection completely, it's just as if I was at max range and it goes in and out. Any ideas what could be the issue? I tried moving phone around, and it gets somewhat better or worse, but not enough.
I tried removing the link and relinking, no better. Any ideas? Thanks...

I also have a Treo 700wx and I can't even pair it. I followed the instructions to a t and when I enter the four digit passcode into the phone it just disconnects from the HFL. This has happened abut 10 times now. My previous phone worked perfectly. I am getting very frustrated with it.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:54 AM
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
a follow up:
My Treo had a second pairing.. to my laptop, that was somewhat recent. Though the laptop is either not in car or sleeping, I think this pair might have interfered with the HFL to the RDX.
When I removed the pair to the laptop, it seems to work ok now. So either that was a problem or it's a coincidence
Claire: the 700W and 700WX are very similar, I'd be surprised if the WX can't be paired....the Acura HFL site shows it is compatible.
Old 02-04-2008, 07:38 PM
'07 Moroccan Red Pearl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I figured out what I was doing wrong. When I was entering the pin into the Treo I was using the keypad and not changing it from letters to numbers so if the oin was 1234 I was typing ertd. Yes, I am a moron. But it is paired now so I am happy. Just in time for my road trip next month.