2007 RDX Radio quality

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 07:31 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 RDX Radio quality

OK, so I was able to figure out how to change the settings such as treble and bass, and I love the sound when I am playing a CD. But, when I have the radio on, whether it's AM or FM, all stations are really fuzzy/distorted. Since my CDs sound crystal clear, could the radio issue be as simple as a bad antenna?
Old 04-27-2017, 09:47 PM
not an SUV ...a Big Hatch

Received 89 Likes on 72 Posts
make sure its all connected
Old 04-28-2017, 04:28 AM
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
You can't compare cd to radio. That would be like saying bluray compared to vhs.

With that said I believe you'll need to provide a bit more info as to what it is the radio is not providing. If it is just sound quality well you have your answer above. If you are getting fading in and out or lots of noise or static probably something wrong with the radio and or antenna or connections. Is this on all the stations? Or just some?
Old 04-28-2017, 10:56 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Willowbeast
You can't compare cd to radio. That would be like saying bluray compared to vhs.

With that said I believe you'll need to provide a bit more info as to what it is the radio is not providing. If it is just sound quality well you have your answer above. If you are getting fading in and out or lots of noise or static probably something wrong with the radio and or antenna or connections. Is this on all the stations? Or just some?
It's not noise or static. I think the best way to describe it is the way I did above: it's like a fuzziness or distortion from any sound that comes out of the speakers. If I have talk radio on even, the voices sound fuzzy, almost as if the station isn't tuned it right. But it is. And it is every single station. It would be if you're listening to 94.5, it is tuned to 94.4 instead. Never had this issue before with any radio. I would expect it from a Chrysler, but not Acura.